• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Iwbtbpe

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, I have a question regarding DV visa.
My wife won the lottery in 2013, we got married and went to the embassy and obtained the Green Card. Our marriage is a fiasco and wanted to know if the divorce would impact my visa? My wife is a DV-1 and I'm a DV-2

TIMELINE:
November 2012 - Lottery accepted
July 2013 - Marriage
May 2014 - Obtained interview
June 2014 - Obtained visa
August 2014 - August 2016 - Lived in the United States
August 2016 - Wife went abroad to continue education

The divorce will not impact your GC. Your GC is completely independent of your wife's status or situation.

Yes I know as a spousal derivative you're categorized as DV2. Nonetheless your LPR status is now completely independent of your wife's, so like I said before a divorce will not invalidate your GC.

Yes I know as a spousal derivative you're categorized as DV2. Nonetheless your LPR status is now completely independent of your wife's, so like I said before a divorce will not invalidate your GC.
Thank you. When filing for divorce (it will be under French law since we're both french and married in France) do I need any papers at all or I shouldn't even worry about any documentation?

Thank you. When filing for divorce (it will be under French law since we're both french and married in France) do I need any papers at all or I shouldn't even worry about any documentation?

I don't know. Follow whatever requirements the divorce process involves.