Divorce - Effect on Green card processing - Please advice ASAP

jeans

Registered Users (C)
Hi :

I have a question. My Green card in in last stage and expecting in a month or 2 . I am the primary and getting one for my husband too as a secondary applicant. My husband is torturing and beeting me a lot eveyday, abusing me and my parents. I want to take divorce ASAP from this man.
Will this effect my green card as i want to cancel his green card from my side as he do not recognise it.

Please advise, if this step effects my green card approval process.

Thanks,

jeans said:
Will this effect my green card as i want to cancel his green card from my side as he do not recognise it.

The only way to cancel his GC is to get divorced before you are approved, or by withdrawing your (not his) I-485.

Ok, if i withdraw his application of I-485 , will that effect the processing of my GC that is for primary ?

You

You can not withdraw HIS I-485, you can just withdraw yours I-485. What the realcanadian said is 100% true.

So, if i get divorced before GC apporval, how will his GC get cancelled ?
Sorry guys too many questions, but need your suggestion.

Please tell me how does his GC gets cancelled if i divorce him before GC apporval

jeans said:
So, if i get divorced before GC apporval, how will his GC get cancelled ?
Sorry guys too many questions, but need your suggestion.

Please tell me how does his GC gets cancelled if i divorce him before GC apporval
You are getting GC because of your employer and He is getting GC because he is married to you. If the marriage dissolved then he will not the GC.

jeans said:
Thank you all for valuable thoughts.
Once you take the divorce update the USCIS service center that XYZ whose pendingI-485 receipt #is aaaaaaaaaa. DOB IS…. A# ………. is no more your dependent or spouse and you withdraw the affidavit of support to XYZ submitted earlier at the time of filing I-485 and derivative pending I-485# should not be approved as he is no more your spouse and you are primary applicant. On cover letter write your I-485# dob,A# and sign the letter with date and attach copy of your pending I-485 receipt copy and copy of divorce, send the letter with certified return receipt to the service center where your I-485 is pending. Keep the copy of letter with you

jeans said:
My husband is torturing and beeting me a lot eveyday, abusing me and my parents. I want to take divorce ASAP from this man.

I guess you are aware of the fact that beating is a crime in this country. If you report to police and he is arrested + convicted, probably he will get stuck security check.

BTW, what does give you impression that you will be approved within 2 months?

jeans said:
Hi :

I have a question. My Green card in in last stage and expecting in a month or 2 . I am the primary and getting one for my husband too as a secondary applicant. My husband is torturing and beeting me a lot eveyday, abusing me and my parents. I want to take divorce ASAP from this man.

Please advise, if this step effects my green card approval process.

Thanks,

If he beats you, you should report it to police. Not only would it affect his chance of getting green card, it would also protect yourself.

I feel that you contact police

jeans,
I feel that you should contact police. So that even if your approval is around the corner, your husband will not get GC. This way even if your approval comes before your divorce is approved, husband will get stuck in security checks. Best thing to do will be to hire a good immigration attorney ASAP and explain to him.

I am not a lawyer and this is just my opinion.