Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

Naanshi, not only that, on an average for all the previous months the % of RFE's were 3-5% only, but for aug and sept it is 16% and 12%, and still lots of cases to be still processed !!

Originally posted by naanshi
According to immigrationwatch website, more RFEs, than approvals for September 2003 cases. Looks like, Most of the Trainees are playing not only with our I-140 cases, also with our life and career.

If you see the I-485 cases, lot of cases got approved recently from NSC. This confirms that after H1B cap was reached, they have redirected the officers from H1B processing unit to I-485 processing unit, not to I-140 processing Unit.

Re: rseth123

Originally posted by dbsraju
1] What did your attorney say ?

2] Is there a procedure for amending the petition without affecting the Notified Date (priority date) ? or Is it going to be treated as a new filing ?

3] Is your attorney planning to (a) reply to RFE and request for the amendment at the same time ? or (b) planning to file a new petition in EB3 category refering to the approved LC (presently with CIS) ?

RSeth, I know that this amendment procedure is not used frequently by many people. I beleive that most of it is determined on Case to Case basis and a lot depends on the officer who is adjudicating your file.

Nevertheless, Please let me (probably many others would like to know) if you find new information on this matter. You can post it here or send me an e-mail <dbsraju@hotmail.com> . Thanks.
All the best with your I-140 !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
naanshi, you are wrong if i might say so..if u look at the other I-140 tracker where someone has posted the new approvals - dec03, jan,feb04 - there are approvals for all these cases! so it has improved very much so

puhrince,
You might be right. I just thought like that. Yes, It has improved a lot and I hope and pray that this will continue.

naanshi.

Nanshi ...

Any idea, what current month and year NSC processing for I-485.
Just curious...

If you see the I-485 cases, lot of cases got approved recently from NSC. This confirms that after H1B cap was reached, they have redirected the officers from H1B processing unit to I-485 processing unit, not to I-140 processing Unit.

They must be monitoring the posts on this forum and must have realised the mistake. Don't be surprised if they change is back to 06/2003 again!! :D:D :):) :D:D

Originally posted by puhrince
aila.org has changed the NSC times again within a day to 08/01/03 !!! are they playing with us or what

Now I am totally confused: Here are latest dates

ALIA Website EB3: 06/17
http://www.aila.org/fileViewer.aspx?docID=12532

BCIS Website EB3: 05/26

Well I guess they are changing dates every hour.

-------
They must be monitoring the posts on this forum and must have realised the mistake. Don't be surprised if they change is back to 06/2003 again!!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aila.org has changed the NSC times again within a day to 08/01/03 !!! are they playing with us or what
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:confused: :confused: :confused:

So I was correct afterall! What is the latest figure?
:D:D:D:D:D

Originally posted by sanshriv

-------
They must be monitoring the posts on this forum and must have realised the mistake. Don't be surprised if they change is back to 06/2003 again!!

quote:

So I was correct afterall! What is the latest figure?
:D:D:D:D:D

Originally posted by sanshriv

-------

quote:

Has anyone tried this?

The i-140 receipt notice says -

"If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from the BCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center. "

Has anyone tried calling the number? What was their response? I tried speaking to a representative and was on hold for 5 minutes or so, I gave it up... Wondering if anyone called and whether it is of any help.

I called bcis on wednesday for my case and they said that they are 4 months behind the schedule, so it may take upto 4 months. My RD is 09/11/03 Eb3 concurrent

You have to be approx. 15-20 min. on hold if calling nebraska service centre, thats what it took for me.

One question

I filed my 485 after one month of filing my 140 .. Is this considered concurrent or non-concurrent ?

How long does it take to get the EAD ? Any thoughts

RD 140 : 31-OCT-2003 ,
RD 485/EAD/AP : 23-FEB-2004

it is concurrent as you filed I-485 before I-140 approval.

EAD may take 60-90 days after you afile I-485, EAD and depends on service center

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD approval.

Hi, nelabor,

My ND for 140/485/EAD is 2/7, and I got EAD approved on 3/12.

EB2, Concurrent.

fiveice

Receipt for I140/485/ead/ap

Hi Gurus,

My lawyer had applied my papers (I140/485/ead/ap concurrent) on 02/27/04, NSC center.
When normally we can expect the receipts.
The cheques from my bank had not been cleared yet.

thanks

Thanks fiveice

Thanks fiveice for this info. So it just took over a month to get EAD. Great news. Just waiting for that good to happen