Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

2 year EAD proposal has nothing to do with lawsuit filed by Rajiv S Khanna that proposal was existing before the lawsuit was filed

Thank you both for the clarification. I thought that the law suit made them to act fast on this 2 years EAD validity issue.

Is there any RFE responsers got approved these days??
Thanks!!!:D
The officer who issued my RFE must be sick for couple of months.:mad:
BCIS got my RFE response on Dec.19 2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
no luck yet. May be the officer (who is dealing my case) is on a honeymoon and will approve my case as soon as he returns (hopefully in a few months).

Rfe reply received by uscis on Dec 23rd.......still having hopes.

i too waiting..

I am also waiting and sick off checking the online status. RFE response date was 2/4/04.

Guys !!!

I talked to my Lawyer about the progressive experience. What she's suggestion that instead of messing up with PROGRESSIVE, we can just change the category from EB2 to EB3.

I am not too sure about this...Is it a good thing to do?

Any comments?

According to another immigartion website, H-2B Annual Cap Reached on 03/09/2004. Guys, do you think it is a good news to us??? Can we expect some approvals???? :mad:

Thank God, there are no H3-B,H-4B, H-5B, H-6B ......:D :D :D :D

naanshi

Can we change the current 140 application from EB2 to EB3 even when the 140 is pending or file a new 140 under EB3

Early approvals is a pipe dream. Things will move at their whims and fancies.

Originally posted by naanshi
According to another immigartion website, H-2B Annual Cap Reached on 03/09/2004. Guys, do you think it is a good news to us??? Can we expect some approvals???? :mad:

Thank God, there are no H3-B,H-4B, H-5B, H-6B ......:D :D :D :D

rseth123

Did your attorney suggested you to AMEND the pending (RFE) petition to EB3. Is it possible to change the category now without loosing the ND (Priority Date)... ?

dbsRaju Thats what she insited me because I asked her again and I will quote the exact words for you guys@@

"I understand that you may qualify for the E(b)2 category, but it does not make sense to take the chance of USCIS denying your petition in case they are not satisfied with the letters of experience we provide. It is much safer and smarter to switch the category so there is no doubt as to your eligibility. Once again, you lose nothing by changing categories. "

rseth123..

Why didn't your lawyer use this reasoning right at the beginning? Or did you apply for LC with a different lawyer? It doesn't make a difference but you might want to ask your lawyer this question.

I had a similar scenario..I have a BS plus around 8 years of exp. which does satisfy EB2 but my lawyer chose to file in EB3 for reasons that your lawyer told you. That's the value proposition that these lawyers provide you as they have more experience in dealing with BCIS on a case to case basis and can predict certain things. Otherwise it's just a matter of filling a bunch of forms.
Good luck!

I am not surprised...
Lawyers are like doctors :) ever notice how the doctor that you see will always try to contradict the diagnosis of every other doctor that might have disgnosed you in past. Anyway..good to know that your lawyer is providing you full support for this RFE. Don't worry...you are in good hands

take care:)

Guys!!

I filed my I-140 under EB2 category.. on July 16th. Recently I recived RFE. So if I change my category from EB2 to EB3 (as my lawyer suggested)..Is it going to delay the process???

Any comments?

rseth123

1] What did your attorney say ?

2] Is there a procedure for amending the petition without affecting the Notified Date (priority date) ? or Is it going to be treated as a new filing ?

3] Is your attorney planning to (a) reply to RFE and request for the amendment at the same time ? or (b) planning to file a new petition in EB3 category refering to the approved LC (presently with CIS) ?

RSeth, I know that this amendment procedure is not used frequently by many people. I beleive that most of it is determined on Case to Case basis and a lot depends on the officer who is adjudicating your file.

Nevertheless, Please let me (probably many others would like to know) if you find new information on this matter. You can post it here or send me an e-mail <dbsraju@hotmail.com> . Thanks.
All the best with your I-140 !!!

Originally posted by rseth123
Guys!!

I filed my I-140 under EB2 category.. on July 16th. Recently I recived RFE. So if I change my category from EB2 to EB3 (as my lawyer suggested)..Is it going to delay the process???

Any comments?

Maybe.

According to immigrationwatch website, more RFEs, than approvals for September 2003 cases. Looks like, Most of the Trainees are playing not only with our I-140 cases, also with our life and career.