different H1B types?

purab2000

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know if there is any difference if you file H1B1 or H1B2?
I recently shifted employers so did a H1 transfer....in the application they have mentioned H1B2 and my old H1 application has H1B1..what difference does it make? Would it be easy for greencard if you file in H1B2 or something?

Thanks.

h1B2

H-1B2 Research and Development Project
The H-1B2 category applies to an alien coming temporarily to perform services of an exceptional nature relating to a cooperative research and development project administered by the Department of Defense.

Petition Document Requirements
The petition (Form I-129) must be filed by the U.S. employer and must be filed with:
A description of the proposed employment and evidence the services and project meet the above conditions; and
A statement listing the names of all aliens who are not permanent residents who have been employed on the project within the past year, along with their dates of employment.
Note: this category does not require an LCA.

purab2000 said:
Does anyone know if there is any difference if you file H1B1 or H1B2?
I recently shifted employers so did a H1 transfer....in the application they have mentioned H1B2 and my old H1 application has H1B1..what difference does it make? Would it be easy for greencard if you file in H1B2 or something?

Thanks.

h1b2

thanks..I wonder why my company filed it in H1B2 for me since its only a insurance company...anyway, i will talk to company lawyer and find out more....

My be a typo by the paralegal.

QUOTE=purab2000]thanks..I wonder why my company filed it in H1B2 for me since its only a insurance company...anyway, i will talk to company lawyer and find out more....[/QUOTE]