Didn't submit medical with i-485

Bratan

Registered Users (C)
We submitted i-485 for my wife, but didn't go thru medical examination. It's been two years and now I have a dilemma. Should she just get examination and send it to INS or will INS explicitly ask for it? I'm afaraid if I send it now, it will get lost, or won't get filed with other forms we've submitted two years ago. Please help if you have any information.

Thanks in advance! :)

Bratan said:
We submitted i-485 for my wife, but didn't go thru medical examination. It's been two years and now I have a dilemma. Should she just get examination and send it to INS or will INS explicitly ask for it? I'm afaraid if I send it now, it will get lost, or won't get filed with other forms we've submitted two years ago. Please help if you have any information.

Thanks in advance! :)

485 wont be approved without medical.

If USCIS dont find it on ur file they will issue RFE.
Its ur call on sending now or when u get RFE. I would go ahead and send medicals with copy of 485 receipt.

Thanks, I think I'll do that! Just scheduled an appointment with a doctor. Only problem is that I never got 485 receipt (unless it's that little yellow cashregister type piece of paper stating that I payed for the forms)...
But I'll send it anyway. Thank you! :)

Bratan said:
Only problem is that I never got 485 receipt (unless it's that little yellow cashregister type piece of paper stating that I payed for the forms)...
But I'll send it anyway. Thank you! :)

No receipt in 2 yrs? U must be kidding...

check with ur employer/attorney they should have 485 receipt.
U r entitled to copy of it so get it from them. Ur receipt # will
show the status of ur case so u must have it.

fast_gc_seeker said:
No receipt in 2 yrs? U must be kidding...

check with ur employer/attorney they should have 485 receipt.
U r entitled to copy of it so get it from them. Ur receipt # will
show the status of ur case so u must have it.
I filed myself in New York. Never got a recipt, and from what I heard many people didn't get anything except for that small yellow piece of paper :(
But we already went thru fingerprints so I guess procedure is different here...

Bratan said:
I filed myself in New York. Never got a recipt,
---is your case family based??????
and from what I heard many people didn't get anything except for that small yellow piece of paper :(
But we already went thru fingerprints so I guess procedure is different here...

Yes it's family based, sorry I didn't clarify. I'm a US citizen, and my wife is getting ajustment of temporary residency (getting Green Card)

well, here in Atlanta AOS takes three years, so you are not required to submit the medicals with your AOS papers. You just wait for the interview invitation, go through the medicals before the interview and then bring the results to the interview. That's it.

LucyMO said:
well, here in Atlanta AOS takes three years, so you are not required to submit the medicals with your AOS papers. You just wait for the interview invitation, go through the medicals before the interview and then bring the results to the interview. That's it.
Wow, I so I don't have to actually send the results? I can keep them with me?

LucyMO,

I live in Atlanta too. would you please shade some more light on your experience? do you recommend any doc in the area? I filed my 485 yesterday w/o the medicals. are you saying that I dont have to send it? or you didnt because your case was transfered to Atlanta office? please let me know..

thanks a bunch!