Diabetic Medicine

xad

Hello,
My dad came on a visitor visa and he is running out of his prescription medicines, what is the best way to get the prescription medicines in USA? Should we have to go to a doctor to get the prescription? Are there any pharmacies that will issue the prescription also?

Thank You

Go to any doctor pay fee get prescription.

But you may not get the equivalent medication, some time new tablets may not control blood sugar.

For e.g, if he or she takes Dianoel tablets, which is banned in USA, which is best suite for some individuals.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
xad said:
Hello,
My dad came on a visitor visa and he is running out of his prescription medicines, what is the best way to get the prescription medicines in USA? Should we have to go to a doctor to get the prescription? Are there any pharmacies that will issue the prescription also?

Thank You

hi

Hello,
You can see the doctor, that is the best option.

You can try this tablet: metpharmin, I am not sure it is available over the counter.
I am not a doctor.

Thanks.

Get the doctor in India write a prescription and then get someone to buy it for you and courier the medicines with prescription addressed to ur dad

No Problem

Triple Citizen said:
I am not sure, but aren't there regulations by US customs on importation of prescription drugs?

You can ask someoen to send it to US. I did it recently for my mother for some BP tablets.

Just put the prescirption in the package and write on top of the package as Medicines.

They have opened it and resent it to my home address.

Not a problem at all.

No allopathic out side medicine is allowed. Even Indian courier will not take any medicine to USA.

FYI

waitin_toolong said:
Get the doctor in India write a prescription and then get someone to buy it for you and courier the medicines with prescription addressed to ur dad

Great guru I think ur name reflects how highly you think of yourself. Dont be too sure of yourself. Respect the position of people who have the experience in this.

Medicine for personal use is allowed. If clearly marked and accompanied with a valid prescription.

We got it for my parents and so breddy2000 and so can xad.

Two times my medicines with prescription returned to sender . It all depends on the officer who opens it. (CA Customs). But any medicines other than allopathic comes to me with no problem.

Great guru I think ur name reflects how highly you think of yourself. Dont be too sure of yourself. Respect the position of people who have the experience in this.

Medicine for personal use is allowed. If clearly marked and accompanied with a valid prescription.

We got it for my parents and so breddy2000 and so can xad.