Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

hello harpeet
i got the oath letter in the mail .thanks everyone for kind words. i will post my oath ceremony soon.

status update

All,

our status was updated. I am waiting for our letters, and add an update.

Thanks,

G.

Oath & Interview Experience

Hello all,

Yesterday I took my Oath in Detroit.

I am a less frequent visitor to the forum and not an active participant. I would like to thank all the members who regularly share their valuable information & experiences that supported my application process.

Here are some key points of my N-400 process experiences:

1. Applied on 7/12/09
2. Finger Prints Done on 7/29/09 (Walk-in. New Building next to Chrysler's Jefferson North Assembly Plant is nice and no trouble for parking.) Lady mentioned that it is not normal that they accept Walk-ins. she only accepted me because of low attendance on that day.

3.Interview Date was 9/30/09. Arrived only 1/2 an hour early. I recommend to bring the book with questions and answers so you can read for one last time before interview
4. My Officer asked for Green Card, Current Passport, Driver's License,Social Security Card and started with going through the application first. It was a very quick review of all questions on the form. Three items I believe are worth mentioning
4.1. I wrote my nick name at work as alternate name used. Not a problem with my officer. Officer in-fact asked me if i want to change my name to nick name. I said No.
4.2. I lost my current passport that had all entry stamps earlier this year so I had brand new passport with no stamps. Officer browsed through it and asked no questions about it.
4.3 I had 3 minor traffic tickets from 96 & 97. All there were addressed. I did not mentioned them in N400. I told about them to officer during review of that section. Officer underlined word 'cited' and did not changed my form.
4.4 I took several documents including, 4 Tax Transcripts, 3 Bank-Statements, 12 utility bills for gas and electric, 2 pay stubs, Birth certificate, H-1A, Papers etc. None were asked to see.
4.5 I was Canadian PR for few years. Officer did not asked me any questions about my status prior to recent 5 year LPR status.

5. Rest of application review was very very quick and then he took Civics / English test. Then he handed me a sheet indicating that I passed the interview

6. My Oath was at W Lafayette Federal Court in Downtown Detroit on 10/19/09. 8:30 AM. No big trouble parking. Paid $10 at NW corner to Federal Building parking lot and walked to Building. No cell Phones allowed.

7. A lady at the door reviewed my answered at the back of Oath letter. I marked Yes to traveled outside of US after interview. She asked me which country? I said Canada for two days trips. Work Related. She wrote Canada on the from and took my Green card and mentioned Congratulations please go inside.

8. Judge walked in at 9:30 AM. After Oath, Naturalization Certificates were handed to all. I saw few with Jeans and T shirt, many with business casual and few Formally dresses. There were many kids in the room. As soon as the process was complete, I left the Federal Building.

9. I went straight to Passport Office. I already had my application filled on-line and printed. So it was quick for me at Post Office. I also applied for passport card as I am a frequent traveler to Canada. Now I wait for my US Passport. Feels empty with no Green card and Certificate dropped-off at Post Office.

Again, Thank you all for wonderful Forum and Good Luck!!

R-9

Status Update - Received Interview Letter - ID - 11/19/2009

Over the week end I received interview letter. It is scheduled for 11/19/2009.

Very quiet on the Detroit front. Looks like everyone up here is already a citizen or there is no one left in the state. :). Looking at the state the auto industry is in, it isn't far fetched. !!

Took good 10 days for the personal check to be cashed. is it normal?

Hey ssky, welcome to the forum!

I see that your cheque got cashed in 7 business days - that's pretty decent. As for whether its normal in USCIS terms - we will probably have to define "normal" on a case to case basis :)

Anyways, things seem to be rolling along quite well for now. So good luck with the rest of the process!

Thanks Sanjay73

Everybody,

It's been 6 days after the FP and no updates, nothing. Is it normal? if I were to call the FBI, what would be the number I could call, and what information should I be providing them?

Also, We will be traveling on 12/18/09 for about 2-3 weeks, and by now it looks like they may be scheduling our interview past our departure day. If that's the case, should I call to reschedule? is it as simple as calling your Dr. / Dentist / etc?

Any insight would be very much appreciated,

G.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you were to call the FBI...

You can try the following numbers:

You should give them,

1. Your Name
2. Your A# Number
3. Your Date you had the FP's taken.

I would suggest wait two more weeks, as it normally takes that time. Hope this helps !

DO (Detriot)

10.28.2009 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ.
10.29.2009 - N-400 received
11.02.2009 - Priority Date (Notice Date 11.02.2009)
11.06.2009 - LUD (N-400)
11.06.2009 - Notice of Action Received (Notice Date 11.02.2009)
11.08.2009 - LUD on Already approved I-485 and I-765 (ON SUNDAY) (why?)
11.10.2009 - LUD (Request for Evidence via e-mail)
11.11.2009 - LUD (Message remain thesame about REF)
11.12.2009 - Finger Print Notice received
11.18.2009 - FP done (walk-in)
11.23.2009 - Finger Print Appointment Date
xx/xx/200? - Finger Print Completed on
xx/xx/200? - Interview Notice Received
xx/xx/200? - Interview Date

The message was: Request for Evidence

On November 9, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Last edited by a moderator: