Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

Oath & passport experience

I'm scheduled for May 23, 2008 @ Cobo Hall in Detroit @ 9am.

Bring:
N-445 filled
PR card
Reentry/Travel doc's
Any immigration docs
Child

Proper attire.

Oath (on May 23, 1125 applicants) at Cobo took 2 hours. Parked in Millenium garage (cobo roof was closed). It takes them 1 hour to seat applicants & guests. Ceremony was approx 1 hour.
Processed Social Security @ Cobo.
Applied for passport (same day) at post office after making copy of Nat cert. (IO recomended it, in case Nat cert is lost).

Got new SS card on June 3rd.
Got passport on June 6th. Waiting for Nat cert.

Voter reg. pending.
I-9 update pending
Financial (Mutual funds, 401K, IRA, etc) pending

OCI/PIO: Looking into disadvantages, cost, timing.

Detroit has weekly oath ceremonies of ~75 in the court house. The next big one (1000+) is scheduled for ~4th July.

Thanks for the update Ugrvr. My wife and I completed our interview on May 18th. Waiting for oath now.
Quick questions, why do you update Financial institutions?

josil, I had my interview on 21st May, but yet I did not receive Oath letter. Did you know any of your friends in Detroit who interviewed around same time receive the Oath letter?

Funny that you ask, my friend and his wife went for interview on May 8th. He got the Oath notice very next week (before May 16th) and his oath was June 5th. But no interview notice for his wife so far. Bottom line - don't use math or logic.

My wife and myself had our interviews on Apr. 16, 2008. My wife had her oath ceremony done on May 23rd but I am still waiting for my letter.
I did Infopass on Monday the June2nd, I was told that I was being scheduled for the next available date for the oath and my app. was sent to the person incharge of scheduling on May 31st.
According to the posts on this thread one ceremony is already done in 1st week of this month and another schedule on 16th. It doesn't make any sense.
I am wondering if I should make another trip to Detroit Immi. office on Infopass.
What do you guys think?
Any input appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Is anybody else waiting for Oath Letter around Detroit area. Please help. I will wait one more week and go for info pass

I am back on inmmigrationportal
My N-400 Timeline
N-400 sent to Lincoln, NE 5/12/08
Check cashed 5/15/08
Notice of Action 5/20/08
FP Letter 5/23/08
FP 6/6/08
IL now waiting

I applied on 12/27/07 for naturalization, Got finger prints done on 1/29/08.Still waiting for the interview letter, Did an infopass meeting yesterday and was told to call 800-375-5283 and get a receipt number from the immigration officer. Apparently the receipt will trigger action on my application in Nebraska. No luck with 800-375-5283, get stuck with the automated system, yet to speak with an officer. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Update Financials

Thanks for the update Ugrvr. My wife and I completed our interview on May 18th. Waiting for oath now.
Quick questions, why do you update Financial institutions?

Since Vanguard & others asked for citizenship status when I opened accounts, It's made sense to update them.

I did my second infopass today.
After checking on the System, IO told me it was a good thing that I went there today as my Oath is scheduled for Monday June 16th, 2008. I never received my letter.
She printed out another copy for me.
I will update again once I am done with my oath.

My wife and myself had our interviews on Apr. 16, 2008. My wife had her oath ceremony done on May 23rd but I am still waiting for my letter.
I did Infopass on Monday the June2nd, I was told that I was being scheduled for the next available date for the oath and my app. was sent to the person incharge of scheduling on May 31st.
According to the posts on this thread one ceremony is already done in 1st week of this month and another schedule on 16th. It doesn't make any sense.
I am wondering if I should make another trip to Detroit Immi. office on Infopass.
What do you guys think?
Any input appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Vinnyk, Congrats, Best of Luck for the Oath. What do you suggest me, I did not yet received the Oath Letter. Please advice. Iam really very worried.

Thanks.
As you can see in my case it took almost 2 months for me to receive the oath letter. So my suggestion is to wait until atleast a month has passed after the interiview and then you can schedule for an Infopass. Good luck.

Vinnyk, Congrats, Best of Luck for the Oath. What do you suggest me, I did not yet received the Oath Letter. Please advice. Iam really very worried.

Thanks to everybody who replied to my post. I will keep my timeline updated as soon as I receive anything from INS. I had my FP done last Friday so I suppose it can be months before my next update. I will try to get the info about my 2 traffic tickets from the court while I am waiting. I didn't mention them on the application because they were minor violations and way under $500.
Thank you very much for keeping this forum going. It is def one of the best sources of info for me. Thanks

Vinnyk, Thanks for the reply, The reason why Iam worried is because lot of people around my ID got the Oath letters. Is anybody in this forum still waiting for Oath letter who were interviewed around my date. Thanks