Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

Oath Lettter from Detroit Center

I had my interview in Detroit last week, does any body know how long it takes to get the Oath letter.

ND : Apr 06
ID : Aug 06

Can someone list their recent interview experience? What sort of questions were asked, sentence to be read, and sentence to be written?? What about general discussion?

Re: Oath Lettter from Detroit Center

jaguar10 said:
I had my interview in Detroit last week, does any body know how long it takes to get the Oath letter.

ND : Apr 06
ID : Aug 06

I got my oath latter exactly 6 days after the interview (of which 2 days were the weekend).

Interview is on Sep 22 in Farmington Hills

About Interview

techguy2 said:
Can someone list their recent interview experience? What sort of questions were asked, sentence to be read, and sentence to be written?? What about general discussion?

My interview took about 20 mins. In addition to the items mentioned in the letter, he officer asked for the Drivers License and SSN card (she said "if you have it please show it to me").

Interview was straight-forward - 6 questions from the list of 96. I think it was "What is our executive branch", "What is legislative branch",..and 4 others.

I was asked to read a simple 7 or 8 word sentence - something like - "I am married and I have 2 children"
I had to write another such simple 7-10 word sentence.

The office never smiled or made any small talk but she passed me and told me the oath letter would be coming in 2 weeks or less.

Thank you so much spirtual. My mom's interview is coming up in about a week and I am worried that she might not understand the accent of the officer...also she has a slight hearing problem. Did the officer go through the application? did he/she ask all the 34 yes/no questions? or do they skip through them?

I have posted a very detailed interview experience in this thread which was sometime ago. You may want to search for it. They ask some sample questions and that's it. They are pretty serious about the 10 questions on US Civics. THey will ask to write a simple sentence in english, I think mine was "I saw a dog".

Good Luck and do post your experience.

Done with Citizenship!

We had our oath today with some 300 other people. It was a grand ceremony since this was part of the Heritage Week celebrations. The whole thing took about 2 hrs.

So, my total time since mailing N400 applications was 4.5 months.

Good luck to all of you..!

Time from Interview to Oath Letter

How long does it take to get the Oath Letter after Interview in Detroit? Also, is the letter mailed from Detroit or Lincoln?

Interview Date: 10/19/2006

Last edited by a moderator:
detroiter116 said:
How long does it take to get the Oath Letter after Interview in Detroit? Also, is the letter mailed from Detroit or Lincoln?

Interview Date: 10/19/2006
I got my oath letter about 1 week after the interview. Did not see where it was mailed from.

spiritual said:
I got my oath letter about 1 week after the interview. Did not see where it was mailed from.

Thanks Spiritual. I have seen posts saying Oath Letters being mailed from both Detroit & Lincoln...

Oath in October

Anyone interviewed in Detroit in October receive Oath Letters? Please post timeline.

PD: 7/28/06
FD: 8/16/06
ID: 10/19/06
OD: ??

My TimeLine

Mailed Application 10/24/2006
Priority date 10/27/2006
Received Finger Print Notice 11/1/2006
Fingerprints 11/15/2006
Wating For ID Letter

How long will it take to receve interview letter after fingerprints.

Thanks

Received Interview letter

Mailed Application 10/24/2006
Priority date 10/27/2006
Received Finger Print Notice 11/1/2006
Fingerprints 11/15/2006
Interview Letter Notification 12/04/2006
Interview 01/26/2007

..time Line

Mailed Application 11/21/2006
Priority date 11/22/2006
Notice Date 12/01/2006
Received Finger Print Notice ??
Fingerprints ??
Interview Letter Notification ??
Interview ??

DetN4001, nice that you got the IL so fast.

Has your online case status(such as Last Updated Date) been updated? Thanks.

-tdi2005t