Detroit INS Transfer cases

hi

i had my interview done, for me and my wife on thursday the 23rd,
my case was approved and my passport was stamped.
so i'm all doneeee. the officer was very polite and the whole thing took abt 20 minutes.
thanks to everyone who posted here, it helped me out a lot.

good luck to all of you.

Wife's Case Approved

I'm the primary applicant and my wife is derivative. My case was approved end of July and at the same time wife's case got transferred to Detroit local INS office.

Last week was her interview and we went there with not much preparation and were little late too (due to construction on I-75). Officer was Biestak and she was visibly upset that we were late and said that a couple of times in spite of our apologies.

She was interested in verifying both our passports, my employment letter, proof that we live together - joint car insurance and bank statements worked fine. Asked us to wait outside since her Windows PC hung up on her and had to be restared. She came out with my wife's passport sealed with approval. Whole process took less than 15min - and and made us breathe a sigh of relief after years of waiting.

Pardoner

My wife case has been approved last week

Actually we arrived there about one and half hours earlier
than the appointment time; we had interview about one hour
earlier than the scheduler

The officier was very nice, asked a couple of documents, then
chatted with my wife about the weather( sunny and warm and
the officier may want to go outside, but who knows) and her
MBA study stuff, after ten minutes we drove back to home

It's the most wonderful experience I ever had with Visa official
and immigration officier

Good luck everyone!

Pending AOS at VSC ; Moved to MI recently and using AC21

Hi Folks:

I recently moved to Detroit, MI area on my new project and new employer. I have my I-485 pending at VSC from March 2003 and i changed my GC sponsored employer in December 2003 and new employer will support my pending I-485

I filed AR-11 form for address change but didnt notify INS directly about AC21 and address change !!

Could some one advise me on:

1. How are the chances of my case getting transfered to Local office

2. If in case case gets transfered how much time detriot local office will take to schedule a interview for transfered cases from other service centers (VSC)?

and also
3. how good are the interviewing officers at this location ?

Thanks in advance

Detroit Interview

I have an Interview in March.

In the interview letter they asked for the Employment letter like this:
“ A current employment letter showing rate of pay, when employment began and hours worked per week for yourself, your petitioner and all joint sponsors”.

Is this normal in all the interview letters?. I am using the portability and I left the sponsoring employer even before the approval of labor.

any body is waiting for detroit office interview

recently my case has been transfered to Detroit local office,

Is there any body waiting for detroit office interview call???

Please let me know how much time it will take to receive a call for interview from detroit office

Thanks

Attn: Jaadu

Mr. Jaadu

When did you get your case transfered to local office, Would you please share your I-1485 details , like RD, ND, Transfer dates and your case type (EB1 or EB2 or EB3 or family)

Thank you

MY CASE IS APPROVED

Sorry Guys I couldn't update this info before as i was away on a Business Tour.

My case was approved and stamped. The Officer was very professonal and very nice. Actually only I received my interview letter not my wife, but took my wife also.

Officer said as she is there he went inside and bought her file and interviewed also and said she need not come to the interview again and they will send the approval letter once they finish the FBI name clearance check.

Even my wifes EAD and AP were expired and they gave her on the spot one year renewals for both.

All you People who get Tansfers to Detroit INS should feel Lucky as the Officers who work there are very professional and really understand our problems. But you should prepare yourself with all the documents.

Hail Detroit.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaadu

Congratulation on your approval, as per you said it is lucky to have an interview in Detroit office than other office, it is nice to hear that, could u be so kind enough to tell who was your , interviewer!

by the way when did you itnerview happend
Thanks

my case was trasfered to detroit INS office. Anyone waiting for the interview at the detroit office or any one had any experience with the detroit office, please share your experience. thanks.

RD 7, NOV 2002

urgent

I have to take an attorney for my interview in Detroit, Please provide me the list of some good attorneys in Detroit area to accompany me for the interview. thanks a lot

WEIRD---Wife's case transferred to Detroit - We live in Milwaukee

This is weird. My wife and I live in Milwaukee, WI. Never been to Detroit in our life. My I-485 case was approved on September 30, 04 and wife's case is transferred to Detroit on Oct 6, 04 instead of Milwaukee, WI.

Anyone in the same boat or know what may be going on here?

Thanks in advance.