Detroit INS Transfer cases

thanks for the reply.. My only problem is that my original lawyer is not in chicago and I have asked a local lawyer and they charge pretty hefty money. but I agree that taking alwyer does have psychological effect even though I know he will just sit with you ..

Please post once you get any kind of intimation from local INS?

Medical Records & Fingerprint for Intvw

I just noticed in the interview letter asking to bring Medical Records in a sealed envelope and It is written that everybody was sent a fingerprint notice and we did not receive the notice.

Do we have to get Medical done one more time and take the report as well as did all you people receive the fingerprint notice?

hi localins,

In my interview letter, it said bring medical records if not submitted previously. If you have already submitted them during your 485 application, I don't think you need a sealed copy. Just take your green copy.

Is your fingerprinting done? If yes, what did you take with you for finger printing?

We never recieved the reciept of our 485 applications, so we did not take them with us to the interview, even though the letter asked for it. It did not seem to bother the officer.

Taking a lawyer with you definitely helps psychologically.

:(

Who was ur lawyer and how much did s/he charge for the interview?

Hey folks,

Who were your lawyers and how much did they charge for the interview?

My lawyer was Mr. Dehai Tao from Ann Arbor, MI and he charged me $200.00 for the interview. He had to spend 2hrs at the INS + 1.5 hrs travelling to and from INS.

unHappywithNSC

I don't remember if I have the green copy .What is the green copy ..is it a copy that we were supposed to keep for our records after the doctor filled the form and sealed it. I don't remeber my doctor ever giving it back to me ..

rishidas

The green copy of form 693 is a copy that we are supposed to keep for our records after the doctor has filled the form and sealed it.

Our interview experience

Went as expected... except less stressful. Got there an hour early. Submitted the letter and got called about 30 min before the actual interview time. We both took the oath, answered the general questions signed and fingerprinted on the forms, submitted copies of tax filings and were out in 15 min.

Will have to wait a couple of weeks for final approval.

It is 2 weeks since Unhappy, bopp3 went for their interviews. Have you guys heard anythign yet?

Did your officer say so ..that you will get in couple of weeks .. I haven't heard anybody yet getting in 2 weeks .

dtw2001

Sorry could not reply earlier,
Nope we still haven’t heard from INS. Now we all know that there is official freeze with 485 approvals.
Our next phase of waiting game now starts

Hi All ..I had an interview this morning 31st Dec at Detroit INS . Here are details and hope it helps any one visiting this thread.

RD : July 3rd 2001 ,RFE: July 30th ,Transfer Date:Sept 6th 2002

We were ther at 7.10 as our interview was at 8.00 and 8.30 both for me and my wife .Our lawyer showed up just in time at 7.50 and we dropped the interview letter in the box.

We were interviewd together.The questions were to verify whatever was filled in 485 application..like DOB ,marriage date ,mother name fathers name etc..

Documents asked were emp letter and proof of staying together. the officer flipped throught each document (tax,insurance,lease,car regis etc) and was satisfied and punched those into my wife's folder.

Officer said everything looks fine but approval are on hold and doesn't know when the system will be available.

But at the end one final glitch....She gave us form 693 and said since our medical records are about 2 year old (actually its 1.5 years)..she would like us to do skin test .We had only done chest x-ray for TB test and she gave the documents and asked the sealed 693 from doctor to be mailed with ATTn to her in 30 days.

So I am again back running to clinic to get the test done ASAP.I went to my old doctor and said you should have done a skin test .He said Oh !! this is a new rule INS wants since last 6 months.Only Chest x -ray was fine earlier..

Well the road never seems to end ......

Has the Consular Processing of GCs been stopped too?

Hi Folks,

Has the Consular Processing of GCs been stopped too? Don't they have to go through the same FBI check that we do? Can anybody shed any light on this? What do your lawyers think?

Sorry to hear about your 693 snafu, rishi.

"SERENITY NOW"

Important Update

Hi,

Talked to Det INS. They said they are busy with the alien registration from Syria, Afghanistan, etc. They will take another 4 - 5 weeks to register aliens from the remaining two countries Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Once that is over, then they might look at our cases. All 485 cases at this office are on hold. They don't expect to begin processing untill sometime in late february. They would not tell me clearly if FBI checks are done or not.

I guess we have to wait for at least another month. :(

Our RD was 5/2001. Looks like its gonna take more than 2 yrs before approval.

I saw a case getting approved in Arlington Local office. His interview was done second week of DEC 2002 and got his approval few days back after fbi check was done .

Also saw another case in Florida getting approved .

Detroit INS has not yet started looking at ..mainly because they are busy doing registration .Of course detroit has largest population of these people

Go to Vermont thread to see local INS approvals

http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...?threadid=13359

unhappywithNSC

Thanks for the update!
Who did you talk to in INS? Was it case officer who Interviewed you or the front desk?
Now we all know the official freeze has been lifted!
Lets hope det ins will not find any more excuses! 5 weeks is pretty long time. Hope we will see our approvals soon.

Thanks

hi bopp3,

I talked to Ms. Dralene Cass, who answers the main phone number for DET INS 313 259 8564. I do not think she is at the front desk. She also said that Detroit is the 10th largest city in the US in terms of (pakistan + saudi arabia) population. So it is gonna take some time.

How do you know that the official freeze has been lifted? Based on approvals in other local INS offices?