deported but married

andresmejia82

Registered Users (C)
hey guys neebe here and i have a couple of questions maybe someone can help me...

i left from colombia in 2000 started highschool graduated in 2003...2003 my dad decides to apply for political asylum long story short it got denied...i decided to stay in the us and not obey the order to leave...i married my wife in 2007 and it took me a while to start the aplication prrocces due to money issues...i contacted a lawyer and he charged me x amout of money...he filed an i130 that was aproved december of 2008 after that since i was still tied to my asylum case he said it will be diff to get out of it well time passed and i was picked up by ICE on august 15 of 2010 and i sent to BTC were i sayed for 2 weeks and the sent to colombia...no here my lawyer sent out all the paper work needed to the NVC and he filled out and i601 that i must present later to them...now my question is what now? how much time? i was issued a 10 year ban is the i601 going to lift the ban?

any input will be apreciated

The I-601 requires a showing that your absence is will cause an "extreme harship" on your qualifying USC or LPR spouse or parent. (All you have is a USC spouse.) It is a VERY high buirden of proof and would probably be denied.

I485 whats that? and my wife was born in NY

oh boy!
I485 is the form used to adjust status, in your case it would have most likely been approved and your "overstaying" forgiven.
I'm just curious, why was your asylum denied? any chance you can claim asylum now? can you demonstrate a well founded fear of persecution now that you are back in Colombia? As BigJoe mentioned, proving extreme hardship can be a tough nut to crack.

oh boy!
I485 is the form used to adjust status, in your case it would have most likely been approved and your "overstaying" forgiven.
I'm just curious, why was your asylum denied? any chance you can claim asylum now? can you demonstrate a well founded fear of persecution now that you are back in Colombia? As BigJoe mentioned, proving extreme hardship can be a tough nut to crack.
cause that was back in 2004 now im here and the group that was harrasing my parents almost all are in jail and there would be no case

My friend's husband of two years , was taken to jail last night. They're saying that they are going to deport him back to Mexico. But they have been married for two years, and some people say they can't be deported if they are married,not only are they married she is two months pregnant.

My friend's husband of two years , was taken to jail last night. They're saying that they are going to deport him back to Mexico. But they have been married for two years, and some people say they can't be deported if they are married,not only are they married she is two months pregnant.

Is your friend a US citizen? Assuming she is a USC, if your friend's husband entered the country illegally, being married to a USC means nothing, even if the USC is pregnant with 8 kids like the octomom.

Did the husband enter the US legally?