• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dependant issues

dadadada72

Registered Users (C)
I got a phone call yesterday from my friend living in Paris,his wife was selected among the dv 2011 winners and their interview will be held on April. Here is the problem:

- the dependant(my friend) was under f1 status in usa in 2004 where he overstayed for 9 months after his f1 status expired then he returned to Paris. While living in usa he experienced unforenseen economical hardship thus homeland security provided him a work permit in order to find a job and take care of his expenses. He worked, paid his taxes and bills, and all his lawns afterwards he returned back to Paris for good. He overstayed because he had to pay all his lawns and bills before leaving the country. He insisted that he was in good standing with his school while under f1 status.
- He lost his job recently and he is struggling to find a new one but employment in France is actually really difficult.
- His wife(the principal applicant) encounters no problem at all: she has a decent job(works as a lawyer)for at least 4 years.

My friend is scarred in the thought that his wife may not get the visa because of him in the sense that he overstayed in the usa years ago and on top of that he has no job presently.

I really do not know what to tell him. Please Any advices or suggestions will be appreciated...................................

If you overstay it is usually an authomatic 10 yr not being allowed in the country....but every case is different...contact a lawyer.

Your English is pretty good but just one little advise...."lawn" is a yard! What you mean is a "loan", which means money you borrowed! :)

- the dependant(my friend) was under f1 status in usa in 2004 where he overstayed for 9 months after his f1 status expired then he returned to Paris. ....................

For his F1 stay, he should be ok due to D/S nature of that visa.
read 9(b)2, 9(d) and 9(f) in the following.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87120.pdf

For job, his status now wont be much of a prob, both ppl's basic documents need to be in good order and wife's education should qualified as per DV reqmts.

Try show some bank balance and/or get an i-134 from someone in USA.(give it only if asked)
Give a 'sponsor letter' from a friend/relative in US who is willing to help with initial 'settling down' in US.
I think Paris is not strict on i-134 for DV, pl dbl chk with someone who had already had dv from there.

Best!

PS:
FYI,
F1 D/S 'benefit' is usually NOT available for 'Student Visa Abusers' as defined in the following.
http://www.inadmissibility.com/info/212a6G.html#FF00FF

Last edited by a moderator:
If you overstay it is usually an authomatic 10 yr not being allowed in the country....but every case is different...contact a lawyer.

Your English is pretty good but just one little advise...."lawn" is a yard! What you mean is a "loan", which means money you borrowed! :)

thanks for replying

you are right i meant '' loan'' sorry for that i am still improving my english , it is a long process...............

For his F1 stay, he should be ok due to D/S nature of that visa.
read 9(b)2, 9(d) and 9(f) in the following.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87120.pdf

For job, his status now wont be much of a prob, both ppl's basic documents need to be in good order and wife's education should qualified as per DV reqmts.

Try show some bank balance and/or get an i-134 from someone in USA.(give it only if asked)
Give a 'sponsor letter' from a friend/relative in US who is willing to help with initial 'settling down' in US.
I think Paris is not strict on i-134 for DV, pl dbl chk with someone who had already had dv from there.

Best!

PS:
FYI,
F1 D/S 'benefit' is usually NOT available for 'Student Visa Abusers' as defined in the following.
http://www.inadmissibility.com/info/212a6G.html#FF00FF

NuvF thanks for replying...................

hey people needed help....
i have recieved the notification letter last year in june 2010 which was drafted on may 4 2010...and i have sent the application forms DS230 part and 2 and DSP 122 and everything was done perfectly.but until now i never got a letter saying that its reached or have not recieved my second letter yet...
because of this i had mailed the KCC today...hope fully i might get a positive reply..
if anyone can help me with this plz plz dont hesitate...