Currently under review:
Department of Labor

DOL-ETA RIN: 1205-AA66
Labor Certification for the Permanent Employment of Aliens in
the United States; Implementation of a New System
STAGE: Final Rule ECONOMICALLY SIGNIFICANT: No
** RECEIVED: 02/23/2004
Review extended

Does it means that we do have chance still to apply in Jan or Feb 2005 if once we get Federal Cleared in Jan 1st week ?

I appreciate your suggestions
Srini

Priority Date retrogression is totally different from PERM implementation. PERM or no PERM PD's are gonna roll back for EB-3 for certain countries. So if you are a EB-3 and got your labor approved its wise to file for I140/485 before Jan Ist.
Hope this helps

Nothing to excite

sri302 said:
Priority Date retrogression is totally different from PERM implementation. PERM or no PERM PD's are gonna roll back for EB-3 for certain countries. So if you are a EB-3 and got your labor approved its wise to file for I140/485 before Jan Ist.
Hope this helps
Hi Tula,
Sri is correct. There is no connection between this one and retrogression. So we are still on the same boat. Nothing to excite about this and sorry say this. I am planning to goto the DOL office in Denver. If they provide some information about the dates which they are processing now thats fine else also fine. I thought trying is not a bad idea. The only thing is I have to take off on that from work. Lets see how it goes. I tried and fed up calling the number which was given by the labor department.
Thanks
KK

kriskish said:
Hi Tula,
Sri is correct. There is no connection between this one and retrogression. So we are still on the same boat. Nothing to excite about this and sorry say this. I am planning to goto the DOL office in Denver. If they provide some information about the dates which they are processing now thats fine else also fine. I thought trying is not a bad idea. The only thing is I have to take off on that from work. Lets see how it goes. I tried and fed up calling the number which was given by the labor department.
Thanks
KK

Hi Krish,

Thanks for making me clear, I really feel sad when I saw that still we don't have chance ,but anyway we Shld try our best for keeping hope,let's see wht happens,By the way You said you will in Denver Office soon,It is really good to see ,I wish and hope your efforts comes true ,

Pls don't be sad if you are not able to find any thing,Be brave and hope for the best.

We all wish you for good luck

Thanks
Srini

TulaSrini said:
Hi Krish,

Thanks for making me clear, I really feel sad when I saw that still we don't have chance ,but anyway we Shld try our best for keeping hope,let's see wht happens,By the way You said you will in Denver Office soon,It is really good to see ,I wish and hope your efforts comes true ,

Pls don't be sad if you are not able to find any thing,Be brave and hope for the best.

We all wish you for good luck

Thanks
Srini

Hey Tula,
Any luck? Any news from attorney? Update us.
Thanks
KK

I called yesterday to my attorney ,she says no updates since last,
Krish ,I have a question,
What if I apply new labour process starting from State and Federal in 2005 to get rid of this retrogress , what happens to those people who are applying for the first time of their state and federal in next year (2005),what is the procedure or rules apply to them ? can they get 485/EAD/AP, or do they have same rules as we are eligible for 140 but 485.EAD/AP?

any idea krish?

Last edited by a moderator:
TulaSrini said:
I called yesterday to my attorney ,she says no updates since last,
Krish ,I have a question,
What if I apply new labour process starting from State and Federal in 2005 to get rid of this retrogress , what happens to those people who are applying for the first time of their state and federal in next year (2005),what is the procedure or rules apply to them ? can they get 485/EAD/AP, or do they have same rules as we are eligible for 140 but 485.EAD/AP?

any idea krish?
Hi Tula,
Let me try to explain something here.

Say if you apply new labor in 2005, Your priority date starts from 2005. Where as now your prioirity date is around May 2004. There is no use in applying 2005. Retgroression is for 485 stage. We will know the cut off date in few weeks from now. Once we know the cut off date then we can analyze whether we get GC or not in next 3 years or so. Applying labor does not help you at all rather it harms you more. The people who have waited long for labor will get advantage now. I applied in 2001 December. We both are at the same stage. What you have to pray is to get your Federal Cleared before December 31st and you should apply 140 and 485. Do you have your Birth certificate ready? Did you get your BC at the time of birth? If not with BC you have to take affidavits from your parents or relatives.. I am sure you did that.. but just want to let you know as they take longer time..
Hope this helps..
KK

Quesiton

Hi Krish/Srini,

My WY receive date was 14th June, and as per my attorney state labor was cleared on 12th Oct and went to federal . Is there any chance of Fed approval in Denver before Dec 31st?

Regards,
vv

prasad_vv said:
Hi Krish/Srini,

My WY receive date was 14th June, and as per my attorney state labor was cleared on 12th Oct and went to federal . Is there any chance of Fed approval in Denver before Dec 31st?

Regards,
vv
Hi VV,
Welcome to the Denver DOL thread. Srini is also in the same boat as you. Mine moved to Denver DOL on Nov 8th. So first you guys then me. So if yours is cleared then only mine will. We all are crossing fingers. Just need to wait and see. We are all worried about the retrogression. Make sure you have all the documentation and required documents for 140 and 485. Even if you get your approval on 31st you should be able to apply your 140 and 485. My documentation is 99% done. Just need to goto Medical tests and shots. Hope you have all the documentation ready. It takes time so be prepared for that. Talk to your company and attorney and make your documents ready. I can give this suggestion from my side.
Thanks
KK

Things we have to worry on....

prasad_vv said:
Hi Krish,

Thanks for the reply. Lets keep our fingers cross.

Regards,
VV

Hi Guys,
I think we need to worry on two things now..

In a Notice in the Federal Register on November 29, 2004, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) announced that all Foreign Labor Certification field staff in the Dallas and Philadelphia Regional Offices have been moved to the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs). The BECs will now perform all foreign labor certification processing activities that had been conducted at these two regional offices.

This is a big concern to us as the Denver DOL is a part of Dallas DOL. Only one lady works it seems (as per my Attorney). So if they transfer her from here nobody is there to work on our cases. All the files may move to Dallas is so Just forget about GC. If not then we should be fine.. But if we wont get the approval by Dec 31st we will be squeezed due to Retrogression.

So lets see what happens...

Thanks..
KK

good news for denver DOL

I contacted Denver DOL thru my own resources, lady told me that they are processing nov 2004 cases...

my case approved on june 3rd 2004, but employer reced end of july..it happens some time... two weeks back i filled 140 & 485

hope for the best

Good luck

jem73 said:
I contacted Denver DOL thru my own resources, lady told me that they are processing nov 2004 cases...

my case approved on june 3rd 2004, but employer reced end of july..it happens some time... two weeks back i filled 140 & 485

hope for the best

Good luck
Hi JEM,
We are all thankful to you for this information. THANKS alot. Mine was appiled in Nov 8th. I am not sure when my attorney will get that information but your post just gives me energy to keep my hopes alive.
Sincere thanks to you
KK

jem73 said:
whatever i posted, it is reliable source...just hope for best
Hey Jem,
Could you please let me know from which state you have applied your labor. Mine is from Colorado and all other two guys which I know are from Wyoming.
If you donot want let me know that is fine.
Thanks again
KK

kriskish said:
Hey Jem,
Could you please let me know from which state you have applied your labor. Mine is from Colorado and all other two guys which I know are from Wyoming.
If you donot want let me know that is fine.
Thanks again
KK

Wyoming applied on Apr 7 2004

send DOL May 1 2004

recd dol may 7 2004

approvd dol june 3 2004

employer reced july end ( as per HR in my company)

...good luck

jem73 said:
Wyoming applied on Apr 7 2004

send DOL May 1 2004

recd dol may 7 2004

approvd dol june 3 2004

employer reced july end ( as per HR in my company)

...good luck
Hi Jem,
Thank you very much for sharing the information.
KK

Denver Dol Number

Hi Tula and Prasad,
I got this number from immingration.com. 303 844 1575. Only HR can call the person about the status. So give it your HR and ask them to call. My HR left a message to her. So once we get any reply I will post it.
Thanks
KK

Thanks Krish,

I will ask my H rto call them on this Number ,I will Update once I get reply from them .

Thanks for supporting info.
Srini

TulaSrini said:
Thanks Krish,

I will ask my H rto call them on this Number ,I will Update once I get reply from them .

Thanks for supporting info.
Srini
Hi Tula,
Here is the email which I got from my HR. She talked to the lady in denver office at the numbe which I gave you in the previous email. 303 844 1575.

I spoke with the woman from the DOL today and she said that she is working on applications received in Nov. So if yours was received Nov. 8th she is currently working on it now. She said she will have it all of those applications processed by Dec. 16th. And she told me to call another woman on Dec. 16th to find out your status of approval or denial. She said she could not give me an update today on your case specifically, only that she is working on cases received in November.

The bottom line is they are definately processing Nov also Jem was also mentioning the same. So yours and Prasad's cases might have already been
processed. Be aggressive man. Do not loose your time. One day makes hell lot of difference. Hope this helps you guys.
Thanks
KK