Denver CO - N-400 Timeline

Got our oath letters for July 31 at 12:30 at Teikyo Loretto Heights Theater.
Letters posted on July 15 from zip code 80239.

Youpeee!!!!
i still can't believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Godd luck to all others

Congratulations coloradon400 !!!!! The long road is finally coming to an end :D

Hope we get ours soon as well.

Got back home and checked the mail box ... our oath letters were waiting there as well !!! :D :D :D :D

We are also scheduled for July 31st at Teikyo Loretto Heights Theater ! Our reporting time is listed as 12:45pm.

Really happy to have the oath date so quickly !!

Good luck to everyone waiting at various stages !

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so happy for you :D
My check-in time is 12:15 in section 2, what is your section number?

Thank you :D Still can't believe the letter came so quickly !!

We are in section 2 as well, but our reporting time is 12:45pm. I didn't know they have different reporting times for the same ceremony ... wonder why these are so farther apart; is there any paperwork or processing they do on the day of the oath ceremony ?

The oath letter mentioned the following documents need to be brought along with us.

[x] The oath letter (with questions on the back answered)
[x] Permanent Resident Card
[x] Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document
[x] Any Immigration Documents you may have
etc.

Any idea what the 3rd document is (Reentry Permit) ?

Also, are we REALLY expected to carry ALL immigration documents we have for the last 10-12 years ??? I sure hope not !!

What documents do people usually carry with them ?

Congratulations to everyone

Wow!! The oath is happening fast nowadays. May be they need more Votes for the upcoming Nov election.

My wife passed the Interview on 06/27/2008. I didn't see the Oath letter in the mail yesterday. Hopefully, she should get it today.

Good luck to everyone!!

- Kris-colo

Good luck

Sudipto,

Pls see my response below.

The oath letter mentioned the following documents need to be brought along with us.

[x] The oath letter (with questions on the back answered)
[x] Permanent Resident Card
[x] Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document
[x] Any Immigration Documents you may have
etc.

Any idea what the 3rd document is (Reentry Permit) ?

If you have to stay for more than 1 year outside of US when you had your GC, then you needed to apply for Re-entry permit. If that is not the case with you, ignore it.

Also, are we REALLY expected to carry ALL immigration documents we have for the last 10-12 years ??? I sure hope not !!
You just need to carry the following

- Oath Letter
- Original Greeen Card
- Any court documents if your status has changed(e.g. Married, Divorced etc)
- Traffic Violation or DUI documents if you were ticketed between Interview and Oath.

What documents do people usually carry with them ?
- Same as above

Oath Ceremony 7/16/08

Check-in at 8:45

For those of you not familiar with Teikyo Loretto Heights either, I'll add in extra directions that would've helped me:

My tips:
1. Don't come early! You do a lot of standing around waiting, and there's no advantage to being early, except maybe getting a slightly better parking spot. I'd say around check-in time or right after would work, and you'll still be waiting in your seat
2. Bring magazines (or a gameboy LOL)
3. At the theater, if you want to get out faster, it is actually better to be seated in the last few rows reserved for the naturalized citizens. So when entering the theater, let everyone else go first!
4. Go straight to the Social Security Card line downstairs after the ceremony (or passport app line if you want to do that). Skip the voter registration across the hallway since there are voter registration people walking around downstairs to collect your voter registration forms.
5. Bring a pen if you'll be filling any of the forms out at your seat while you're waiting. If applying for a passport, do it online prior to the ceremony so you won't have to fill it out there (and bring 2 pictures, and 2 checks)
6. Exit from the parking lots -- go the back way!

After coming into the main entrance from Federal, turn left at the first street (there are security guards directing people), the parking lots will be on your right. Attendants are there collecting $5 for parking. Theater is directly in front of the parking lots. Walk up the stairs, and theater is through the glass doors on your right.

I arrived at 8:25 and there were lots of people already waiting. We were allowed in the doors around 8:45, someone was checking letter and resident card at the door, another one down the aisle stapling them together. We were then directed to our section (Table 2 right in the middle section). They were doing something new this time (at least I think it is new), where they take your paperwork at your seat so they know where you're at, and they deliver the naturalization certificate right at your seat at the end of the ceremony.

We then waited in our seats until 10:05 am. I brought a couple of magazines and I still didn't have enough to read until 10:05 am. The actual ceremony lasted approximately 20 to 25 minutes -- Adjucating officer welcomed everyone, I think there was a brief video, then the immigration judge did the oath and pledge of allegiance with all the naturalized citizens, then there was a video message from the president and another brief video, closing words, and then we waited in our seats while the officers distributed the certificate (took 3 or 4 minutes).

We were instructed to wait until everyone had received the certificate but that didn't work. People just started standing and walking out. This is why people sitting in the last few rows were able to get out easier. I went to the Social Security card line downstairs (it is in front of you when you first enter, the passport application area is down the steps to the right). The voter registration applications could also be turned in to the people walking around in this area. The social security card people took the application, noted driver's license and naturalization certificate numbers, and that was it. I didn't do the passport application there since I wanted to have a copy of my certificate first. I dropped off my application at the post office in the afternoon.

I left around 11 am. The line of cars to the exit (toward the main entrance/exit off Federal) was already pretty long. From the parking lot, I went the other way (right instead of left, but if you're in the very last parking lot then you'll still be turning left), and turned left at the back street just before the road dead ends. This took me to the back towards Hampden (if you have a GPS, it guides you right out from here, I believe it was a right, then left on Hampden -- which brings you to I-25). If you don't have a GPS, you may want to check a map before you go.

That was it. Any questions, just let me know!

Congratulations Joannak!

Do you mean we can update the social security adinistration with our new status right there after the ceremony, so no need to go to their downtown office?

thanks

Thanks Kris for the info on the documents ! Appreciate it.

Joannak - Congratulations and thanks very much for the detailed descriptions of the oath ceremony ! This was very helpful. For the passport application, do you have to submit the original natz certificate ?

Congrats coloradon400 and sudipto for receiving your oath letters!

As for me, I'm still waiting to receive my oath ceremony letter so I'm not sure whether I made the July 31 ceremony. I don't know if I should start worrying since my interview was only about 3 weeks ago and the oath ceremony letters usually don't come that fast.

Kris-Colorado, has your wife received her oath letter yet since we had similar interview dates?

Thanks,

Priority date 1/22/2008
Notice Date 1/25/2008
Fingerprint Notice 2/7/2008
Fingerprint date 2/19/2008
Interview date 6/26/2008
Oath date ??

Looks like my wife didn't make the cut. Hopefully she will be scheduled for August Oath. Just need to be patient.

-kris-colorado

Thank Ed ! Good luck to you and Kris for your oath letters. If I remember correctly, the letter was mailed 7/15, so your letters still might be in the mail.