Denver CO - N-400 Timeline

Oath in Wells fargo

Looks like everyone got their oath letters.
So (maybe) USCIS knew that they would need 1,800 people and hence didn't send anyone the May 14th interview. Does anyone know if the May 14th Oath is happening?
Kris-C are you gong to go for the InfoPass? Is there a way to cancel?

Given that my interview is still over a month away (scheduled for June 24th), it is probably a little too early to think about the oath ceremony, but I was wondering if anyone could comment on what is my likelihood of being selected for the big oath ceremony that is apparently being planned for July 4th.

It indeed will be an honor to get the opportunity to participate in a July 4th oath ceremony.

Do the interview officers have the authority to schedule a person for a specific oath date, or does the paperwork need to go back to some office (district office in Denver or NSC Nebraska) before the oath can be scheduled ?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this !

Sudipto,
Check out this post VisaJourney. According to Churipu - who is a july 07 filer, you can be scheduled for your oath ceremony on the same day as your interview.

I am sure that sort of action is taken very rarely by the USCIS - but with just 10 days between your interview and the oath day, there would be no harm in crossing your fingers and saying a little prayer.

In my case I got the letter approximately 3 weeks before the oath ceremony.

To answer your question - from Churipu's post and what my IO told me during the interview - I think if there are no red flags - the IO has the authority to specify the oath ceremony date.

Thaks theRajah ! Is it confirmed that there is a big oath ceremony scheduled for July 4th ? Is this information posted somewhere official (I thought I saw a link somewhere in these forums a while ago, but didn't find it again) ?

Interview went well yesterday. Appointment was at 830, got there just after 8 (actually arrived a little before 8 but waited in my car since it said not to get there more than 30 minutes prior). I was called in a little after 9. Interview took about 20 minutes.

Officer introduced himself, explained what we would be looking through. He asked for my driver's license and permanent resident card. He asked for our 2007 tax return and copies of our kids birth certs (which was part of my application). He went through the application - name spelling, birth date, address, phone number, some of the yes/no questions at the end of the form. He then had me sign the form in 2 places. Then he had me sign the pictures and he stapled that to the application. Next, he handed me a sheet of paper to write a sentence down. Next, he had me read a sentence from another sheet of paper. He then explained that he had 10 random questions from the possible 100, and that I had to answer 6 of them correctly. I got the first 6 right, so he didn't ask the rest (got some really easy questions: 3 branches, who becomes pres if pres dies, who advises president, number of senators, term of house of reps, color of stars).

He gave me a piece of paper that said I was approved, and a handout about oaths. I asked whether it would probably really take 90 days to get an oath since our house was on the market and I would really like to take the oath before we move. He said that it probably would take that long. Now I can worry about what happens if we move before I get scheduled for an oath, sigh.

As my final post to this thread - here is my complete timeline.
The whole process took 10 months.

Application sent: 07.28.2007
Received by INS: 07.30.2007
Check cleared : 10.26.2007 (paid old fees)
Notice of action : 11.09.2007
Fingerprint Notice: 11.13.2007
Fingerprints Taken: appointment for 12.04.2007
Interview letter: 02.29. 2008
Interview date: 04.11.2008
Naturalization Oath date: 05.28.2008

And some additional info for those still waiting for the process to complete:

The may 28th ceremony was the largest in the mountain states area (ever!). 1800 of us became US citizens on that day. Even though the day was long (I was there from 9am to 2.30pm) - the ceremony was nicely done - and I felt was memorable.

Additionaly in his speech the district director said that the plan is to get 12000 people naturalized in the mountain states region before the elections. With the May 28th ceremony - 9000 people had been naturalized.

Got my interview letter

last Saturday for June 8 at 10:50
anyone knows of any oath ceremonies in Denver besides the one on June 18?

Congratulations coloradon400 !

Hope your interview went well today. I'd be interested in knowing details once you are back.

Good luck !

Sudipto & others,

My interview went great, here are the details:

my interview time was 10:50, got there at 10:00, the sign on the door says they will only let you in 15 minutes prior to interview, so i sat and waited in the car. i went in at 10:30 and had to wait until 11:40 to be called in. while waiting i noticed that there were 4 diffferent IOs conducting interviews, and interviews were taking longer than what has been reported on the forum. But, it could be because some had lawyers or translators with them.
My IO was a very nice lady, late 30s early 40s. once we went in we stopped by the copier, she got copies of green card and ID. Then, after swearing to tell the truth etc. i sat down she asked me 6 questions:
what is the constitution?
who is the VP?
what do we celebrate on the 4th of july?
why are there 100 senators?
can the constitution be changed?
what is the national anthem?

i got all of them right so she stopped, asked me to read the following sentence:
what is the head executive of a city government called
and then she asked me to write "today is a sunny day"

we then went over the application question by question but real quick
i added one trip i had taken over christmas
then i signed the application and she filled out N652 that my application has been approved
she then told me to expect oath letter within 90 days, i asked her about oath ceremonies she said they hold them once a month but June is full so it won't be until july
the whole thing took exactly 15 minutes and i was out
great experience and now the celebrations...

oh and one more thing, at one point she stopped for a couple of minutes and then said "i thought you had applied a little too early" but then she calculated the days and said that she was mistaken i applied on dec 10 got green card march 2 2003.

Congratulations coloradon400 ! Thanks for sharing the details !

What kind of outfit were the interview candidates wearing ? Was is formal, semi-formal or casual ? Just curious.

I would say formal at least for CO it's formal, meaning no shorts or crocs...:p
i believe in dressing well for presentations and interviews, not only to impress but also to boost your confidence:)

good luck for your interviews