Denver CO - N-400 Timeline

Received my IL too, but still waiting for husband's Il. I hope it turns out in the mail tomorrow.
my letter asks to bring the following to the interview:
IL
green card
selective service registration :confused:
passport
other items that apply for spouse of USC

sudipto and Kris, do you have the same list?
there is no mention of tax returns or birth certificate????

Received my IL too, but still waiting for husband's Il. I hope it turns out in the mail tomorrow.
IL
green card
passport

Yep ... off the top of my head this is the same items listed in our letters also (I will double check once I get back home and report any differences).

I was wondering about the selective services registration documentation as well !

Along with the official USCIS notice, there was also a leaflet enclosed with form N-659 or some such that had some more details of what documents to bring along.

Interview

Did any candidate who interviewed in Feb/March (and didn't get May oath) contact USCIS to enquire?

Did any candidate who interviewed in Feb/March (and didn't get May oath) contact USCIS to enquire?

I did. My interview was on March 28th and I have not received the oath letter for the May 14th ceremony.

The person I spoke to pretty much told me "to chill" as it is still under the "within 90 days" guidelines that they promise you after the interview.

For people who had their interviews in February I would definitely recommend going for an infopass since the 90-day rule for them has already expired - the next oath in Denver is not until June 18th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview documents

IL
green card
passport

Coloradon400,
If you became a permanent resident on or before your 25th bday, then you need to take proof of selective service registration with you. Otherwise you can just tell the IO that you did not need to register for selective service as you were older than 25 at the time you became a permanent resident.

Also, with the IL, I also received a N-659 naturalization interview document checklist, that listed all the documents that I was expected to bring to the interview. That document asks you to bring the IRS tax return transcripts for the previous 3 years. Though the IO didnt ask to see these - as I had already provided the documents with my initial filing.

As I was applying for citizenship through my wife - the documents that the IO was most interested in were those that showed that my wife and I were living together (rental lease, bank documents, etc).

My wife had interview on Feb 26th. She is going to InfoPass tomorrow. Let you guys know what happens tomorrow in detail.

I got infopass appointment for May 14th. I don't understand what is going on with scheduling the Oath ceremony. I hope to get some answers next week.

- Kris-colorado

I got infopass appointment for May 14th. I don't understand what is going on with scheduling the Oath ceremony. I hope to get some answers next week.

- Kris-colorado

Yeah, I don't understand it either why it is taking them so long to schedule oath ceremonies in Denver. Specially now that some people were told that they were planning huge ceremonies in May and June - each with 2,000 people as opposed to the regular 700.
One would assume that everyone who interviewed in February/March would be scheduled for this May 14 ceremony.

Thanks theRajah for the helpful info.

Did anyone hear anything about a 4th of July oath? the last oath mentioned on Teikyo website is June 18.

My wife went to the DO today. They said they mailed her oath letter last week and scheduled her on May 28th. I thought there would be only one oath day in one month. Its interresting.

Do you guys know how long is the process to get work permit after getting married to US citizen?

They said they mailed her oath letter last week and scheduled her on May 28th. Do you guys know how long is the process to get work permit after getting married to US citizen?

May 28th, eh? Interesting... So that gives us all who are waiting hope for a May 28th oath then... it's still 3 weeks away so we could all get our letters in the next week or so... fingers crossed!

On your other question, I believe it is normally taking 3-4 months to get an EAD (Employment Authorization Document).

Do you guys know how long is the process to get work permit after getting married to US citizen?

I don't know how long Denver is taking these days, but if it helps at all, here's my timeline from 3 years ago:

1/10/05 Sent I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
1/19/05 Date on NOAs
2/25/05 Biometrics Appointment for I-485/I-765 (Denver)
3/01/05 Email EAD approved!
3/07/05 EAD Received
3/24/05 Received Interview Letter
4/26/05 Interview Date (Denver) -- Approved!
4/30/05 Received 10 year-LPR card!

If you are married, you are immediately eligable for employment.
Just need to apply for it in person. I got that immediately the day I filed for my GC based on marriage - granted, I was here on an H1B.

Oath Ceremony

All,
Me and my wife got our notice for Oath Ceremenory for May28th.

Location is 700 14th Street, Wells Fargo Theatre

Got Oath Letter

I also just received my Oath Letter for the May 28th Oath Ceremony at Wells Fargo Theater.

Good luck to all!

M92Denver