Delivering baby in INDIA..trying to get kid to USA!?

Nimmi

Registered Users (C)
We are GC holders just got cards last month,becuase of health problems we r forced to go for deliver in INDIA.
So anyone had same kind of experiance? can you explain the process to get the kid here!?
If some one have any idea abt it also greately appricaited!?
Eager to see the feedback and suggestions from you guys!
Thanks a lot!

Children born abroad to permanent resident mothers are permanent residents, if certain conditions are met. The requirements are that such a child must be brought to the U.S. on the mother's first return trip, which must occur before the child is two years of age. The child in this situation does not need a visa. The necessary paperwork is processed at the port of entry, based on the mother's permanent resident status and the child's birth certificate.

We are GC holders just got cards last month,becuase of health problems my wife is delivering in INDIA.
So anyone had same kind of experiance? can you explain the process to get the kid here!?
If some one have any idea abt it also greately appricaited!?
Eager to see the feedback and suggestions from you guys!
Thanks a lot!

Thanks romnaija!!

So we dont have any issues if we have proper paper work rt? Is it a long process? As i explained we r GC Holders not Citizens?you mean to say permanent residents is GC holders rt?

So we dont have any issues if we have proper paper work rt? Is it a long process? As i explained we r GC Holders not Citizens?you mean to say permanent residents is GC holders rt?

Why dn't you call US Embassy and ask there in your country for the process to bring your kid here with ya

Yes, GC holders are permanent resident aliens. I believe there could be some delay at the airport at point of entry but as someone suggested, call US Embassy in your home country and ask about the procedures.

Sure..that is my next step but i am trying to get basic idea from here and I am looking anyone had same kind of experiance!?..thanks a lot guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

you as GC holder if give birth to child in India then you need to do the below:
1 get the Child passport
2 Get the child Birth certificate (with your name as mother and keep the hospital record of birth )
3 you should bring the Child to US on your first entry to US after giving birth and child need to be under 2 years when enter US.
when you enter POE then officer will process the child GC
READ the Info from US consulate Mumbai India
http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/legal_permanent_residents.html
Question:I am a legal permanent resident of the U.S. While I was outside the U.S., I gave birth to a child. Now I wish to return to the U.S. May I take my child with me?

ANS:As outlined in 9 FAM 42.1 N1.1, a child under two years of age who was born of a Permanent Resident Alien mother during temporary visit abroad does not require an immigrant visa in order to travel to the United States if the alien parent is in possession of a valid Form I-551 (i.e., green card), a valid reentry permit, or an SB-1 visa. The child must be admitted to the U.S. within two years of birth and the accompanying parent must be applying for readmission upon first return after the birth of the child. We suggest that the accompanying parent carry documentary evidence of his or her relationship to the child, including the child's passport and birth certificate.

EAD card and approval notice Not received so far

My EAD was approved on 9/11,card production ordered. Online status shows that approval notice was mailed on 9/13. But so far neither of them were received. I took infopass, the lady said i have to wait two weeks or have to apply again. I called 1-800-375 number,they said I have to wait 30 days from the date of sent. I dont know what to do next?
ginnu, the Realcanadian, labor_paines, Mystibeach Please help me.:confused:

Jc_gc (jaychandin)
PD-4/14/03 EB3, India, NSC
I-140 2/16/06
I-485 RD-6/04/07 ND-6/09/07 FP-7/26/07 LUD-7/26/07....?
I-765 RD-6/04/07 ND-6/09/07 card ordered email-9/11
approval notice sent email-9/13.

who is this stu.. jc-gc!!?? Thanks a lot Ginnu!
so the GC will be processed in Airport itself or we need to process once we are here in USA for the kid!?

so the GC will be processed in Airport itself or we need to process once we are here in USA for the kid!?

when you reach US airport officer will let you know what to do he may fill up the form take the picture of child or may stamp child passport and may inform you to visit the local USCIS office.
Read spmebody EXP in GC or after GC threads.

** take the printout of the link I gave you from US consulate Mumbai so that you can show to Indian immigration officer before departure from India(only if asked or if they dont know the law)

***Also take the Prinitout from Below site and keep it with you.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87519.pdf

EAD card and approval notice Not received so far

If you want help, don't hijack someone else's thread. Start your own in the right forum.
Thank you, The RealCanadian I am not an IT person. So I dont know how to start a new thread.
any way thanks.
Jc_gc

Sorry Nimmi

I thought this is a public forum. I dont know how to start a separate thread.
I thought you will be generous to help others. Now I am surprised that you have used the word "stupid" for nothing.
ok . any way I am sorry for using your thread.
Jc_gc