Delhi, Jan 2002 interview:: list of documents and fundas

Packet 4 format

Has anybody of Jan CP\'ers collected packet 4 from the embassy yet?

I actually wanted to know the format of packet 4 and was wondering whether anything changed other than the information about PCC.

i would not believe either

i have enough experience with both the lawyers and consulate guys not to trust any of them.
I would be happy if we have written confirmation somewhere that consulate PCC is enough - but we don\'t have that yet.
People calling and finding out is not good enough.

Maybe the OF-169 instructions mentioned shld be okay - I will look at that.

Pls do not go to Dr Jain if your wife is pregnant

Dr Jain will insist on X Ray. Go to some other doctor. Carry her pregnancy letter with you - 2 copies. Give that to the Doctor. and keep one for the consulate. No vaccinations - NONE and No X ray. No matter what the doctors tell you - I have checked that with the Embassy and it is OK.

FORCE EMBASSY TO TAKE DECISION ON LOCAL PCC!

Guys it had been confirmed repeatedly to my family.On two seperate personnel visits to embassy that PCC from local police is a MUST

Now in the visit whem my family informed embassy what POLICE DEPARTMENT HAD TO SAY ON THAT.

POLICE say.AND ALSO SHOW..that there was rule put in place 1.5 year back. which prohibit Police to give such clearance! Only passport office can give such clearance.

and yesterday my family went to embassy to show them that circular of police. and then embassy guy said..okey..then come without that certificate. and when we asked him "so it is okey to come without it and it would not be a isusue" he said we will let you know on your interview date.! we can not say anything TODAY!

He also confirmed that atleast 5-6 different people have also approached embassy with same information . and they do not know what to say...so justcome without it..and we will let u know on your interview day what is the next STEP ! VERY STRANGE.

GUYS..LETS FLOOD DELHI EMBASSY WITH THIS INFORMATION AGAIN AND AGAIN SO THAT THEY CAN DECIDE ABOUT IT.

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW IF ANY OF THE DELHI WALA GUYS ARE THINKING THAT THEY WILL GET THIS CERTIFICATE BY BRIBING ETC.. JUST FORGET IT..NO POLICE WALA IS READY TO GO AGAINST THE WRITTEN POLICY SPECIFICALLY IN THE PRESENT CIRCUMSTANCES.(this may be ruleing only for delhi police ,I do not know!)

SO FLOOD THE EMBASSY WTH THE REQUEST SO THAT THE CAN DECIDE FAST WHAT TO DO!

MY INTERVIEW IS ON 15TH JAN. ALL THE PERSONS HAVING JAN INTERVIEW WILL FACE SAME PROBLEM.

PLEASE CALL EMBASSY WITH SAME QUESTION! THAT LOCAL POLICE IS SAYING THAT AS PER LAW THEY CAN NOT ISSUE SUCH CERTIFICATE AND U EMBASSY IS ASKING WITH IS NOT PER THE POLICY OF DELHI POLICE.

$$$$$$$$$Thats the way ......I like it .......ah ha.............

Tell Emabssy that only PCC issued from Consulate should be taken int oconsideration.

There is no concept of Police Clearence from Local Police station. My parents have gone couple of time and have met the SP.
Basically one has to file an application with SP which then goes to the passport office which does the enquiry and then again it come back to SP office (Local Police Station) which then issues the certificate

The whole process in this takes 30-45 days
Whereas I have read that if One has a passport issued from New Delhi then one can get a PCC in one day from Passport office...

Well I am totally confused ...Hence I have just applied for PCC at Indian consulate in DC which I will take

I am calling US Consulate every 2nd day and asking them about PCC..and those guys itself are not clear as what is reqd ...

Finally They have been saying for last 2 times that PCC from US should work .....I dont believe them but then I cannot get Local PCC so I will be just taking the US Consulate PCC.

Rest I leave to God

I believe that is the way to go: put the whole situation into the mind of consulate guys that PCC is

is through Indian consulate in USA.

I contacted my attorney about it & put the whole scnario before her. She tells if it is a country rule that an individual which is living in US presently, has to go through Indian consulate in US to obtain the PCC there is no way that US consulate can deny that. She suggested me to go through this way & apply for PCC in Indian embassy at SFO(which I already did on Dec 4th).

Rest like iamforcp I am leaving it on God.

Thanks
Vishal

Urgent Question

I do not have my Birth Certificate but have the "non availability certificate" and 3 affadavits. I know that people have used these ..... but is there any provision which says that "non avail cert" and affadavits can be used only for people born before 1969??

Does any one know of people born after 1970 who have got GC done with just non-avail cert and affadavits????

Thanks a lot.

yes I amforcp

That is what has ben been told to my parents when they went to RPO. that PCC can be done in a day if you have passport have been issued Delhi RPO.

but there is no way we can get the local PCC. due to the govt. circular(I do not have the number right now) which prohibits police from issuing such certifctae.

we need to put this in mind of embassy poeple that what they are asking is something against the written policies of Delhi police and there is no way we can get it!

yes PCC from either US consulate or local RPO in India are equivalent. so issue on that.

But what about the second PCC? from local police which is also a requirements?????

guys lets us all call embassy with this question again and agai as right now embassy is saying. we still ned two certifciate and if you can not get it come with one. we wll tell what to do on your interview date! wht can not thye tell us before hand so that we can do what is so ever is required as a replacement for that.

birth certificate

yes it should be okey till u have non availabiliyty certificate and two affadavit on atleast 5 rupee stamp paper, along with your 10th class birth certificat.

mine is the same case though I am born before 1969...but hospital authorities destroyed all records due to storage issue!

Yes guys that is the way to go.

Basically procure PCC from INdian COnsulate in the USA. The guys who could not procure it from here due to shortage of time can get it from the Passport office in India. But they need to give at least 2 weeks for this process.

Looks like the local Police station PCC is completely ruled out. If we need 30-45 days to get it and we need to be physically present, it is impractical.

Bottomline - The EMbassy is completely lost on what policy they are going to follow. They will standardise and finalise it as and when
they come across Jan CP guys.

Try refreshing your browser, you may be looking at cached info.

Just my $.02......if that doesn\'t work then could be something else.

Passport office in Delhi issue PCC in one day

Apply in the morning and take it at 4PM same day. There is an express line for all emergency issue. You can give it to brokers also - they take Rs 3000 and it takes one day.

However, I confirmed with the consulate yesterday - just the receipt is enough - you dont have to have the PCC at the time of the interview. I explained my situation to the lady at the consulate yesterday - she was very calm an told that it is not a must doc for interview. She also told me that I can come a day early and apply at the RPO. Finally she confirmed me that the visa will not get rejected only because we cannot produce PCC at the time of the interview. We can submit it later (after the interview). Please ckeck my posting for detail.