Delhi, Jan 2002 interview:: list of documents and fundas

PCC

I plan to get it from India. The passport authority in India says that they can issue the PCC on the same day. I will try ti get it from the local police station too. In any case as it tale 30-35 days from India passports so I can\'t get it from CGNY.

Anybody else who has interview on 7th Jan...
How many copies of employement letter do we need to notarize? Do we need to notarize "affidevit of support" too...

Thanks

Take Only the the Consulate PCC....

It will and should work

I dont want to grease the palms to get a PCC from Local Police Station. It is a long , lengthy, time consuming and a herculian process.

SO I AM ONLY CARRYING PCC FROM US CONSULATE

JAI HIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello cp2GC

You are the first one in this forum to go to Delhi embassy in Jan. Could you please post if they asked you for more PCC\'c and what all did you submit - after your interview.

It will be a great help for the rest of us.

message for cp2gc

Hi has it been confirmed to yuou by RPO that they can issue clearance with the required time frame and we can submitt our application in INDIA too.

and what about local police clearance.

can we talk.
As u have interview on 7th Jan may be urexerince will be benficial to me and all of us here.
Mine is on 15th jan.

how bout keeping in touch in US and Delhi!(i am going on 23rd Dec)
Ph: 517 402 3505.

Dil

Folks, What about this :

We all have our January dates with us. But very few have reconfirmed it with consulate & I hope each one of us/our parents would be calling US consulate New Delhi to reconfirm it in next few days. I believe if everyone of us(or ask our parents) once more confirm about PCC while reconfirming his/her interview date, it will remove every doubt regarding PCC requirement(the doubts which splashed up again because of AILA posting few days back!!)

If each one is confirmed by consulate once again that we need PCC only from Indian consulate at US, we are in perfectly safe hands...:eek:)!!!!

What do you guys think ?

Just talked to Swamy at the consulate

I just talked to Swamy at the consulate, he was saying that they have sent packet 4 out. But they are sending packet 4 out to the address mentioned in the packet they receive from NVC. Since they are not opening up packet 3, they are not updating the system with packet 3 information.
Since my I-140 application has my old address, so guess what they have sent my packet 4 to my old address.
Does anybody know, whether they send the packet 4 via normal mail (so that I can rely on mail forwarding) or do they send via courier.

Delhi embassy seems to be a bit inefficient these days. I am also planning to have somebody hand collect the packet 4 from the embassy.

Also, my 140 application was filed as single; now I am married and my packet 3 reflects that but since they are not opening up packet 3 I am not sure whether it will be a problem or not. I saw a posting earlier today by a successful Delhi CP\'er who mentioned that this can lead to some delay in your wife getting the GC approval after 2 weeks or so...

I am also in the same boat

cp_waiter1 ! I am also in the same boat.Talked to swami and he entered my info in the system and based upon his Exp. said mine wud be scheduled for 1st week of Feb. Don\'t know how is that gonna happen.

Secondly i have read from past CP\'ers that under the same circumstances as we are in , they normally say at the counter that they wud take an additional 2 weeks to do the name check for the wife but ends up getting the interview done along with yours.

But need to confirm this .Its a good idea to fillup DS-230-1 for wife and carry it along with us.

Do they send Packet 4 to a US Address. HAs any one inthe past received P-IV in USA. Looks like everyone in the board had it hand collected from the consulate.

BTW can we collect Duplicate PACKET IV frm the consulate in DElhi now that swami says mine wud be in the 1st week of Feb ?

CP Done on Dec 12

I just got my CP done on Dec 12. I was told on Nov 21 to wait another month to know the interview date however when I called them 2 days later and they had my date. So I would suggest that you call them every friday or so.
Yes you can obtain a duplicate packet 4 from the consulate. It can be done on your behalf as long as the person has your name, case number and date of birth.
The consulate does not really need your Packet III because you bring it with you for your interview. As long as they have the info from NVC they will schedule your interview. In my case Packet III was never sent from my attorney.

I spoke to EMbassy again yesterday. It was to a gentleman this time.

He reconfirmed my date as Jan 30th (its posted on the web this morning as well ) and also said that if you are living in the US, the PCC from the Indian Embassy in US is sufficient.

He said that duplicate P4 can be collected anytime from the Embassy window 6 between 2-3 PM. The P4\'s have been mailed on Dec 17th 2001.

Sudhir, Thanks for reconfirming the PCC reqs. yet again (especially valuable after the AILA scare).

Dude ap. I start dialing and redialing from 11:25 PM EST.

The past 3 times I called I got thru before 11:45 PM EST. Yesterday it sounded a bit busy got through at about 12:00 AM EST.

Dont put it on auto redial. It takes 30 sec\'s before each redial. Do a manual redial every time you get busy tone.

Happy dialing.