Delhi, Jan 2002 interview:: list of documents and fundas

Re : PCC - Confirmation

I also called up Delhi Consulate y\'day and confirmed that a PCC from indian embassy in USA is good enough. Hence nothing to worry.Stay Cool

Yep guys! It was a Swamy day

i couldn\'t get through after 2 hrs of dialing on sunday night but yesterday was different..got through and spoke to Swamy....though it took me some time to respond back (well Monday night Football conundrum and all those heinekens :)) )
it was definitely after midnight, BTW i too confirmed that PCC from indian consulate in US is sufficeint if someone stayed only in India and US and stay anywhere else is less than 6 consecutive months.
Hey guys! any idea if Swamy has specific days on call receiving duty...Thanks..Good Luck..

Reposting my question

My 140 application was filed as single; now I am married and my packet 3 reflects that but since embassy is not opening up packet 3 I am not sure whether it will be a problem or not.
I saw a posting earlier today by a successful Delhi CP\'er who mentioned that this can lead to some delay in your wife getting the GC approval after 2 weeks or so.
Does anybody has more information on this or in same boat as mine (140 filed as single, going to CP as married)

dates are out

There are three people besides me on Jan 14 in employment category. Does anyone know what IR and CR category means??

Good luck to All!!

You should call consulate and talk with them abt this

It also depends on when you pkt reached. Embassy started not opening pkts little later. Mine was opened on 30th october and they got spouse info on file too.

Guys, any feedback/experience sharing: how is cathy pacific airline ?

I am getting seats in Singapore & cathy pacific so far. Which one is better/safer ?

Thanks
Vishal

Re : Medicals in Delhi - Help

CP Gurus,

I am going for CP in Feb.My wife is carrying while i am going for CP in Delhi.
Doctors cannot give her the shots for MMR during pregnency .
I have heard that people saying that ladies do not get vaccinated during this phase.
What happens if the doctor decides that she needs one and cannot be given at the current time
do you guys aniticpate any problem in getting my CP done. Your inputs are highly appreciated

What i can manage is to get a cert from a doctor in India that MMR has been given to her prior to leaving india with me.Will this do ?

my lawyer says indian PCC needed.

This is what she says:

that you will need to get them in India since the State Department doesn\'t state that certificates from an overseas consulate are acceptable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Can anyone post the procedure for getting them in Delhi RPO. I think someone already did but I cannot find the link!

pls check web site for PCC and certificate clarification

we strongly recommend that you visit the U.S. Department of State website regarding (1) the availability of birth certificates in your country and (2) information about any documents you may be required to obtain in order to rely on birth affidavits instead of an official birth certificate. The Department of State’s website can be found at http://www.travel.state.gov/reciprocity/index.htm. At this page, click on the appropriate letter for the country in which you are interested and then click on the name of the country. If you scroll down below where the reciprocity fees appear, you will find information about the availability of the documents from that country, as well as a description of the acceptable form for each document.

RAJ : Whom would you believe ? Your lawyer or the consulate guys which are still saying that

PCC from Indian consulate at US is acceptable. Please remember that lawyer has no appearance in CP procedure.

Thanks
Vishal

Thanks a lot Harry. You are quite proactive in solving up the CP issues though your interview is in

Thanks a lot for your help regarding confirming PCC requirements,
Vishal

Re: pls check web site for PCC and certificate clarification

> we strongly recommend that you visit the U.S. Department of State website regarding (1) the availability of birth certificates in your country and (2) information about any documents you may be required to obtain in order to rely on birth affidavits instead of an official birth certificate. The Department of State’s website can be found at http://www.travel.state.gov/reciprocity/index.htm. At this page, click on the appropriate letter for the country in which you are interested and then click on the name of the country. If you scroll down below where the reciprocity fees appear, you will find information about the availability of the documents from that country, as well as a description of the acceptable form for each document

yes except that it doesn\'t say anything about Indian citizens residing abroad.

also remember that OF 169 states that applicants should contact their respective consulates to ident

Delhi it has been confirmed beyond reasonable doubt that US PCC alone will do for applicants currently residing in the US.

Harry and vkartick...thanks a lot for reconfirming the PCC reqs. with Delhi embassy. I understand u

Dude AP : Thats another point I never noticed before. Thanks dude. OF169 clearly states that we need

to contact Indian consulate for PCC. Thats what we did.

Thanks
_V