Delhi, Jan 2002 interview:: list of documents and fundas

Contact Phone # in New Delhi

Raj10

I am trying to find out my interview date. What phone # should I call up in New Delhi.

In addition, I just requested Indian Consulate in Houston for my police certificate. Do you now how long it takes, or the best way to followup/expedite.

Please reply soon!!

Amit

Thanksfor the help

call 4198062 or 4198374 to find date

If your passport is issued from Houston, they will give PCC same day if you go there in person.
If passport from elsewhere, I don\'t know time required.

No Title

last 3 yrs tax return needed if you paid tax for 3 yrs

Also, bank verification was not advised to me by attorney, but I read the instructions attached with I-134 (on internet) and it says you should have it. SO I think it is really good to have - but bank statements should also do in normal cases. My policy is to err on side of caution :)

Fees only thru drafts?

I agree USD cash is most convenient. But I thought they accept fees only in Indian rupees, payable thru a bank draft.

Mumbai Consulate web-site does not specify the mode of payment.

All Jan CPers

What are you doing about PCC.

My interview is Jan 23rd, don\'t have enough time
to get it from CGNY. Anyone in same boat whats you\'re backup?

Thanks iamforcp

I appreciate your help. BTW I called up my attorney Rajiv Khanna\'s office and they also confirmed the same...
Raj! canu check ur private message...
Good Luck to All the Jan Cpers :)

gh2.

I have my PCC\'s from CGNY for both myself and my wife. I have no plans of procuring any other from India as
Embassy has confirmed that this is sufficient. This was confirmed to 5-6 guys/gals going for Delhi interview in Jan.

Here is the latest info regarding PCC from India.
According to djsr73 -

PCC can be obtained from Delhi Passport office in -
- 1 day if passport made in Delhi
- 2 weeks if passport made from elsewhere.

PCC from local police station in Delhi is almost impossible as there is a long procedure for it.
I doubt if it can be issued from the local police station itself, it has to go through the SP office, passport office
 etc to be completed.

Better get your folks to find out .

sudhir and all other jan cpers, just to clarify once more....U GUYS R TAKING JUST THE US issued PCC

(that are notarized as well) or just plain copies?
Thanks.

Yes. I am only taking my US PCC with me.

No plans to get India PCC\'s as Embassy already confirmed to a lot of people that is sufficient.
Also Passport office PCC from India is same as PCC from here. The local police station PCC
 process in India involves at least 3-4 offices - SP office, Passport office etc. So it is not practical
to obtain it sitting here and 1-2 weeks is very less time to get it.

Yes we need to take copies of labor, I-140, H1 renewal approvals (if applicable). Copies are sufficient. Notarised is better.

Delhi interview guys/gals . Do you know from where I can rent a cellphone in Delhi?

Does anyone have any experience renting one or do u have any contacts to get a good deal for it. Thanks.

Employement letter

Anybody have any format for the employement letter? Also, just to clarify employement letter is the only thing that we need to notarised? right?

My interview is on 7th Jan.

Thanks in advance...

What is DS-1743

This is a new document I am seeing on this board...

Also, do we really need to take a bank verification letter, isn\'t bank statement enough.

ATTN: Vishal

Hi Vishal ,

MY case is same as urs. But I have applied for TIN number 10 days back. It takes 2 months to reach. But anyway I am taking receipt with
me.

IRS office in sanjose, on market street. It takes 10 min to fill form
and get attended so do it before you leave.

Bye

Re :Employment Letter - Help

Guys I am with a company working as a S/W Engineer and am due for my CP interview in Feb - March.In my LC company had filed for a Position in the company as Programmer/Analyst.
So will this create any probs during the interview as my current position in the Company [Software Engineer] is different [Programmer Analyst ] from what has been approved in LC.
If this is not a problem what should the employment letter state.
What kind of question am i likely to face in the consulate.
I need the valuable suggestion of forum in helping me out.
Anyone of you guys in the same boat?

Yes Employment letter is the only one notarised.

There is another document DS-1743 which is also same as above. Some people have also carried it with them. No one on the forum has posted it as being asked of them at the interview. This is FYI.

I am not planning to carry it.

All the best on your interview, U are one of the first ones for Delhi Interview. What is the status on your PCC\'s?