Delayed H4b visa processing.

nirvanava

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,

I'm working on H1b visa in USA(From India) since 02 years.
Last month I got married. After getting married, we had applied for my husband's H4b visa in Madras Consulate(India) on
Oct 08., 2002.
But the Visa officer has given one letter to my husband saying that "They need some more time for administrative processing"
So my questions for you are :-
1. Have anyone of you experienced this type of processing for non immigrant visas, If yes please give me the details.
2. By when usually the consulate gets back to the applicant on such queries?
3. How long these processing is taking place in India?
4. What's this administative processing about?

Please let me know if you guys have any idea about it. I will be really thankful to you because I'm not able to get any info. from anywhere.

Thanks
Friend
roopsv@hotmail.com

Generally adminstrative processing means delay and denial. Are you from a suspect religion? I suggest that you consult a lawyer and put pressure on the consulate officials to get a result. Although many of those who were waiting becoz of adminstrative processing have gotten positive results, some have made mistakes because of ineffective guidance.
Need more information about prior visa applications by your spouse, his educational quals, work experience, proof of ties to India/chennai etc. before a user from this forum to give some constructive opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Delayed h4b visa

Thanks Jaxen for your reply.

I belong to Hindu family(not the suspected religion). Secondly I spoke to the lawyer but he told me that he could not be of any help because case is still with consulate(not decided yet) & they could not do anything at this point.
My spouse is a graduate, completed his hotel management degree long back. working in hotel industry since 07 years. He worked in Dubai(UAE) also for 03 years.

jaxen what do you mean by PROOF OF TIES WITH CHENNAI/INDIA?

I believe Documents for H4b visa includes my employment letter, current pay stubs, original marriage certificate, marriage album,bank statement, W-2 form, my office pictures, my degree certificates. We have already shown everything.

I don't know why we are not getting any result. This is the 06 week running for us now. We applied on Oct 08, 2002 & thats when we got the letter from Consulate(madras) saying that "They need some more time for administrative processing."
Please let me know if jaxen or anyone of you have any information about it.

Thanks in advance,
Friend

I am pretty sure that this is due to the fact that your husband worked in Dubai (middle east), for 3 years. Post 9/11 all consulates are taking extra precautions and that seems to be the obvious reason for the delay in your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Administrative Processing Means Delay and Denial??

Hello there,

I saw that in Jaxen's post, it was mentioned that administrative processing means delay and denial. I was wondering why you were saying this. My understanding was that in certain countries there IS a delay simply because of the additional time needed for security checks on people who fall within a certain category. My boyfriend had his interview in Pakistan on September 30th at which time they said they would get back to him in about 30-35 days and he has still not heard. In reading the embassy website; however, I saw that they issued a statement saying there is indeed a major backlog, but it was their hope the process would be sped up. Do you think you could please comment on this? I would really appreciate it as I am very concerned. :(

Thank you.

Delayed H4b visa processing

Hey all,

This is me again. And need to discuss with you all few more things on my case.
First of all, I have not received any update from US consulate(Madras,India) since oct 08, 2002. I don't know why its taking long time for my husband. Whenever I email them & ask them, they just says that "Your case is under admin processing."

So today I need to ask you two questions :-

1. Is there any way to expedite the process?
2. My husband is in dubai(UAE). I'm planning to for a vacation to my husband in dubai. But My H-1b visa is expiring on July 31, 2003.So I need to ask you whether I'm taking my career risk by going to one of the gulf country or I should be fine at the port of entry when I will come back from Dubai(UAE). Please suggest what do you think on this.

I'm really thankful to you all for providing assitance to me.
:(

Re: Delayed H4b visa processing

Hello :

I am married last November and is in the same boat. I applied H4 for my wife and got a letter from the consulate that it's under administrative processing. It's almost about a month since we heard from the consulate. I directly approached madras consulate for a status and said it's under "Internal Processing". Does anyone have clue as what Internal processing means. I did a H1 transfer and my passport had ex-employer's visa and not the current visa, since I am entitled to send the passport for visa revalidation only 60 days before the expiry of the current visa. They returned m wifes passport including the visa issuance fee draft except I-797 of the current employer, marriage photos, LCA documents and the letter I got from my current employer for H4 processing.

BTW : I 100% disagree that the application is in suspected mode if it's due to religion. It has nothing to do with the application process and I believe it's just a matter of verification !

Originally posted by nirvanava
Hey all,

This is me again. And need to discuss with you all few more things on my case.
First of all, I have not received any update from US consulate(Madras,India) since oct 08, 2002. I don't know why its taking long time for my husband. Whenever I email them & ask them, they just says that "Your case is under admin processing."

So today I need to ask you two questions :-

1. Is there any way to expedite the process?
2. My husband is in dubai(UAE). I'm planning to for a vacation to my husband in dubai. But My H-1b visa is expiring on July 31, 2003.So I need to ask you whether I'm taking my career risk by going to one of the gulf country or I should be fine at the port of entry when I will come back from Dubai(UAE). Please suggest what do you think on this.

I'm really thankful to you all for providing assitance to me.
:(

Re: Re: Delayed H4b visa processing

Please try to call the consulate directly at 8112060 / 8112000. Ask for Customer service unit and explain the situation.

Have your spouse's passport number ready before you call them. Hope this helps !

Mahesh

Originally posted by maheshcr
Hello :

I am married last November and is in the same boat. I applied H4 for my wife and got a letter from the consulate that it's under administrative processing. It's almost about a month since we heard from the consulate. I directly approached madras consulate for a status and said it's under "Internal Processing". Does anyone have clue as what Internal processing means. I did a H1 transfer and my passport had ex-employer's visa and not the current visa, since I am entitled to send the passport for visa revalidation only 60 days before the expiry of the current visa. They returned m wifes passport including the visa issuance fee draft except I-797 of the current employer, marriage photos, LCA documents and the letter I got from my current employer for H4 processing.

BTW : I 100% disagree that the application is in suspected mode if it's due to religion. It has nothing to do with the application process and I believe it's just a matter of verification !

H4b visa under admin processing

I'm emailing/calling Madras consulate since 02 months but only 01 answer I'm getting from them that is "Your case is under admin processing. We cannot give you any time frame. Please wait for our office to contact you."
I don't know what's happening in consulates these days?

I need to ask you guys that if my case is not geting solved by the next year then I'm planning to go to meet my husband in UAE(Dubai) in the month of Jan-feb2003. My H1b visa is expiring on 31 July 2003. So my questions for you is :-
1. Is it a career risk I'm taking by going to one of the gulf country in this situation?
2. On coming back from UAE, by any chance, visa officer could legally stop me in entering USA in the month of Feb 2003?

Please let me know if you have any idea about it.

Regarding your question maheshcr, what internal processing means, I guess it means
1. Security checks
2. Name checks
3. Consulates have created one terrorism database & they scrutinize all the applicants in that database also.
4. Background checks(means they may contact your local police stations & get the info of the concerened person, but again this is my assumptions.)

maheshcr, if you dont mind, could you tell me whether your wife has visited any country since her birth?

Thanks a lot to everyone.

Re: H4b visa under admin processing

Please find my answers below :

Originally posted by nirvanava
I'm emailing/calling Madras consulate since 02 months but only 01 answer I'm getting from them that is "Your case is under admin processing. We cannot give you any time frame. Please wait for our office to contact you."
I don't know what's happening in consulates these days?

I need to ask you guys that if my case is not geting solved by the next year then I'm planning to go to meet my husband in UAE(Dubai) in the month of Jan-feb2003. My H1b visa is expiring on 31 July 2003. So my questions for you is :-
1. Is it a career risk I'm taking by going to one of the gulf country in this situation?
2. On coming back from UAE, by any chance, visa officer could legally stop me in entering USA in the month of Feb 2003?

I presume as long as the visa is in valid status and you've I-797 with you, there shouldn't be any problems. But I would suggest you to have the original I-797, LCA and all other documents with you. Also I would suggest you to return atleast 3 months before your visa expires.

Please let me know if you have any idea about it.

Regarding your question maheshcr, what internal processing means, I guess it means
1. Security checks
2. Name checks
3. Consulates have created one terrorism database & they scrutinize all the applicants in that database also.
4. Background checks(means they may contact your local police stations & get the info of the concerened person, but again this is my assumptions.)

maheshcr, if you dont mind, could you tell me whether your wife has visited any country since her birth?

No, she haven't visited any countries.

Thanks a lot to everyone.

Hello Friends,

Could anyone let me know what is the current processing time for H4 visa in Chennai consulate ? I have submitted the application for my wife and its been since 2 weeks we didnt hear any response. The TT service ppl are telling that the documents are still in consulate.

Is there any extra scrutinization going on these days ?

Thanx in advance
Rajesh

I suspect that delay in Visa is due to his work in Dubai (UAE) also for 03 years. They need security check to be completed.
“jaxen what do you mean by PROOF OF TIES WITH CHENNAI/INDIA?”

”I believe Documents for H4b visa includes my employment letter, current pay stubs, original marriage certificate, marriage album,bank statement, W-2 form, my office pictures, my degree certificates. We have already shown everything.”

Ties to home country mean, Residence on his name, Bank accounts, Job in India, Mother, Father, Sisters, Brothers in India, (but H1 and H4, O visa all have dual Intent) they may be also verifying your degree certificate or educational credential that you submitted at the time of getting your H1 visa due to the fraud in the past in CHENNAI consulate many submitted fraudulent documents to get H1 in the past now they have Fraud Deduction unit in CHENNAI US Consulate.

there is major problem with the chennai consulate for H1b and H visas..it has taken anywhere between 3 to six months for the visa..there is a yahoogroup..chennai_consulate@yahoogroups.com..where u can get a details about many cases..

one_of_the_victim

H4 visa Question

Hello Nirvanava, I have come across your posting. I would appreciate, if you inform about the final status of your husband's H4 visa approval. Did he get his stamping on H4 visa?

Thanks in advance!!