Deferred disposition before oath

fuzzy

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview passed on 4 th Dec. but don't get my oath letter yet.
The problem happened. Maybe, it could be bigger than my guess.

I had a speeding ticket about 10 days ago. I was about 8-9 miles over posted speed limit of 30mile. But PO insisted I was 14 miles over.
The bigger problem. I got another one yesterday.:mad:
This time I was 14 miles over 55miles but again, PO insisted I was 21 miles over. They are from same city. Grapevine, TX.
Since they are minor ticket, I wouldn't seriously worried about them, and decided pay fine as I learned from here.

I went court this morning and what a surprise! I never seen so many people lined up in court to pay ticket. The PO in Grapevine must be damn busy lately. It was like a movie theater! Excellent money source for the city! Everyone pays around $200, and they drives everyone apply deferred disposition because they can make extra $25 for administration fee on top of $160-200 fine and drivers gets the ticket off the record. Win-win huh?

Anyway, I had two tickets and since I am waiting for my oath ceremony, I thought I just choose no contest and pay the fine, but the lady told me they are going to put both of my tickets on deferred disposition. I asked her I am willing to pay fine and closed the case, but she said if I do so, I may be in danger of my drivers license suspension if I get one more ticket within 3-5 years! She said that's why this tickets have to be off the record.

So, will this be the problem when I have oath? They are 90 day probations but I paid all fees up front, about $400 for two tickets.
Many people in this forum says, the ticket record after the interview will show up in oath so I have to declare my ticket and get the receipt with me. However, how they can find out my traffic tickets from local city when they said it will be off the record? Local cities are only interested in collecting money. When i prepared N-400 for an interview, I was surprised that only one defensive driving school record showed up on my DMV record among many ticket that I had for last ten years! I had to go all 7-8 different cities to collect records IO didn't even cared for during the interview.

I had a speeding ticket about 10 days ago. I was about 8-9 miles over posted speed limit of 30mile. But PO insisted I was 14 miles over.
This time I was 14 miles over 55miles but again, PO insisted I was 21 miles over. They are from same city. Grapevine, TX.
Since they are minor ticket, I wouldn't seriously worried about them, and decided pay fine as I learned from here.

I went court this morning and what a surprise! I never seen so many people lined up in court to pay ticket. The PO in Grapevine must be damn busy lately. It was like a movie theater! Excellent money source for the city! Everyone pays around $200, and they drives everyone apply deferred disposition because they can make extra $25 for administration fee on top of $160-200 fine and drivers gets the ticket off the record. Win-win huh?

Anyway, I had two tickets and since I am waiting for my oath ceremony, I thought I just choose no contest and pay the fine, but the lady told me they are going to put both of my tickets on deferred disposition. I asked her I am willing to pay fine and closed the case, but she said if I do so, I may be in danger of my drivers license suspension if I get one more ticket within 3-5 years! She said that's why this tickets have to be off the record.

So, will this be the problem when I have oath? They are 90 day probations but I paid all fees up front, about $400 for two tickets.
Many people in this forum says, the ticket record after the interview will show up in oath so I have to declare my ticket and get the receipt with me. However, how they can find out my traffic tickets from local city when they said it will be off the record? Local cities are only interested in collecting money. When i prepared N-400 for an interview, I was surprised that only one defensive driving school record showed up on my DMV record among many ticket that I had for last ten years! I had to go all 7-8 different cities to collect records IO didn't even cared for during the interview.

The traffic violation record doesn't show up at the oath ceremony. There's a question on the back of the oath letter asking if you've ever been arrested, cited, or detained (including traffic tickets), that's about it. Bring the payment receipts to the oath ceremony and you'll be fine. Seriously, don't worry about it too much.

I remmeber someone perhaps BobSmith recalled in the oath ceremony, an USCIS officers explicitly told citizens-to-be not to disclose ordinary traffic tickets anymore. I guess USCIS don't want to be distracted by these frivolous discloseure.

I remmeber someone perhaps BobSmith recalled in the oath ceremony, an USCIS officers explicitly told citizens-to-be not to disclose ordinary traffic tickets anymore. I guess USCIS don't want to be distracted by these frivolous discloseure.

It was Vorpal, not BobSmyth.

Fuzzy,

Stop worrying. Live a little... I take it that you have lived in US for a while now... Be confident.

It is just a speeding tickets.. EVERY one get those, and getting it does not show moral turpitude (CIMT requirement). So there is no "bigger than ur guess problem"... Actually I think u r guessing too much.

Take the receipt with you to oath to show them that you paid the fine in full.. End of story.

That's not entirely correct. The IO at my oath ceremony told us that SHE doesn't want us to disclose traffic tickets. She never specifically said that traffic tickets shouldn't be disclosed anymore.

It is just a speeding tickets.. EVERY one get those, and getting it does not show moral turpitude (CIMT requirement).

It's not moral turpitude they are looking for with traffic tickets, it's moral character. For example, the IO may specifically ask if you had any unpaid speeding tickets. If you do and answer no, then it goes against your moral character for lying to the IO (provided the IO would know about the unpaid tickets beforehand). Likewise, if you do have several unpaid speeding tickets and disclose it to the IO, it may go against your moral character determination as well(not having paid speeding tickets ).