Decision cannot be made

Texas_run

Registered Users (C)
Vorpal
I have been silient specator in this for last 2 year. Today, i have my N400 Interview, IO has given me the Decision cannot be made yet.

1) Went over the application and made lot of corrections.
Question: Does the lot of corrections lead to review by senior

2) When, i was coming back, i remember one more corrections.
Question: how to get there corrected.

3) Date of birth( year) for my child is wrong. i have provided the Birth Certificate.
question: how to get this corrected on the file.

Please shred some light on this.
Thank you,
Texas

Vorpal
I have been silient specator in this for last 2 year. Today, i have my N400 Interview, IO has given me the Decision cannot be made yet.

1) Went over the application and made lot of corrections.
Question: Does the lot of corrections lead to review by senior

2) When, i was coming back, i remember one more corrections.
Question: how to get there corrected.

3) Date of birth( year) for my child is wrong. i have provided the Birth Certificate.
question: how to get this corrected on the file.

Please shred some light on this.
Thank you,
Texas

A supervisor review is a very common procedure and happens to even the most straightforward applications. Just because no decision could be made on the post doesn't mean that there's a cause for concern.

To make additional corrections on your N-400, make an InfoPass appointment, preferably at the DO where you were interviewed, and make the corrections there. I suggest that you do this as soon as possible. There've been cases where applicants were accused of lying and their applications were denied because of minor errors.

why were there so many erros? usually you should re-check your application 10 x times before you actually send it in. you dont need any problems the N-400 fee is almost $700dollars not something to just send in without checking..you invest time and money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with nyc_nyc_nyc all the way. One should be very careful, esp dealing with USCIS. Always double/triple check your work. Anyways, lesson learnt I guess. Hope it all works out for our friend and decision is made out in his favour.

Thank you Vorpal ,NYC and Atlanta_Brother.
Yes, i did learn my mistake. I told sorry to IO also.

This question is bothering me lot; If the citizenship is denied, what happened to the Greencard. Here are word from the IO " I have to review your case one more time. the way you got the greencard."

My Green card was with married to USC. divorsed after 4 years( Did not worked out). I have applied my self after 5 years.

This question is bothering me lot; If the citizenship is denied, what happened to the Greencard. Here are word from the IO " I have to review your case one more time. the way you got the greencard."

My Green card was with married to USC. divorsed after 4 years( Did not worked out). I have applied my self after 5 years.

Texas_run,

Please be assured that your case will not be denied as long as you entered your marriage in good faith. There is no need to worry, trust me. You will make it. I believe you plan on visiting your local DO thru infopass appointment. Make sure you speak to the supervisor there and if necessary you could also get in touch with the officer who interviewed to get the birth date of your child corrected. Trust me, you will be a USC in few days time.

I know what you mean by what she said to you..I also know you must be paranoid about her words..just forget it at the time and wait for the decision, sometimes they say things like that just to keep you on the edge. as long as you married ok and there is no fraud visible from your marriage nothing to worry about..BUT you know what it's like i say its immigration they can pull anything out of the hat and accuse you without you even knowing what the heck they are talking about. thats how all governments work. I'm not saying that will happen to you I'm just telling you they are not cool and that is one reason you should have just re-checked your application and didnt give them any reason to even say this. you should have been clear as possible from your side..in the future just becareful when dealing with the government people:eek: dont worry about it! alot of people get the decison will be mailed to you or cannot be made at this momemt. I had that on mine im waiting for my decision also so i know how you feel.

NYC_NYC_NYC..Thank you for your warm words of confidence. Yes, i have send the registered mail today to the IO with the correction . I will make a vist also to DO Office

All mistakes in form coming to light at interview?
When my friend went for his interview he saw a short, stocky, unshaved international sitting with a fat or obese? white female waiting for the interview. you can guess what his opinion was.

Good luck to you Tex. I was not approved either. A community college person told me how to count the months I was out and she was wrong. I am worried that I will be denied for entering 'false or misleading information' because I wrote my days out wrong. The IO took a look at the times I was out and went to a calculator and refigured my time and it was very, very close to 6 months, but not quite. He said I would hear from him in one wek and it is almost 4 weeks now.

Thank you Manlika. Yes my mistake are also in the travel dates. my Biggest mistake was, interchanged first name and last name. i cannot forgive my self. Hope IO is not mad.
Good Luck to you also.

NYC_NYC_NYC..Thank you for your warm words of confidence. Yes, i have send the registered mail today to the IO with the correction . I will make a vist also to DO Office

i know i got you thinking but thats life and what i said is true.. they have your entire green card file with your N-400 at interview so the IO should know how you got the greencard why did she even say that to you when she has your entire file,

Just Got Interviewed - No Decision Made!

I got interviewed last Friday and I was really dissapointed by the outcome. The office handed me the piece of paper stating that "a decison can not be made at the time of the interview." She recommended my application for review and she gave me no explanation!

I was really surprised because the interview was going really well. She asked me baisc questions from my application and I answered them all. When she asked me about my 6 months+ absence from the US, I mentioned that I was studying overseas and offered to show her copies of my transcrips and letters from my University (I already mailed in originals with the N400). She did not ask me any more questions about my absence and seemed convinced by my reason. I also answered all the cisvics and hisotry questions correctly.

After that, she started doing some entires on her computer. At that point, I was really waiting for her to say that my application was approved. However, I got the "no decision" document. Is that normal? I can't think of a reason for them to review the application since she did not pin point anything on my application or ask for any additional documents.

What should I do?

and did you ask her why you got the "decision cannot be made" letter?
It could be that she was not a senior officer and it has to be approved by a senior officer; That's pretty normal; in that case, I wouldn't worry right now, and wait a bit...

She simply said that my application needs to be reviewed! Shouldn't it had been reviewed before my interview? Thoughts anyone?

I think i am seeing a trend in USCIS to delay the citizenship approval to the people that they want to delay. I have been on this board for more than 3 years and i haven't seen people reporting this many cases of 'decision cannot be made' letters as an outcome to interviews..

He said that there is another A file that they are waiting for.. I think in those cases they cancel the interview..

I think i am seeing a trend in USCIS to delay the citizenship approval to the people that they want to delay.

I don't think it's a matter of "wanting" to delay approval but rather it's due to an administrative process that requires an IO with approval authority to approve an application. Many times the IO at interview doesn't have this authority , so the case must first got to an IO with higher authority to approve the case, hence the use of "a decision cannot be made" on interview results letters.