December Mumbai Interview Thread

my attorney got case no. through e-mail.

mine is AC-140 case and P3 was send on 09/27 reached 11/03 and got case no. on 10/04. yesterday i got mail from Mumbai saying my interview will be in Dec. i didn\'t try calling today. probably will try next week.

sent P3 today.

Hope to get a Dec. Interview. Hopefully packet 3 will reach on Monday, Oct. 15th

Sent the following per lawyer\'s advice

OF 230 Part I and II
DS 230 Part I and II
OF 169
Copy of Birth Cert. for self and spouse
Copy of Marriage Cert.
First 2 pages of letter in Packet 3 from NVC.

Dec. 17 - Holiday?

Per the mumbai website, the consulate is closed on dec. 17. The website says it is a Tuesday. But I think it is a Monday.

Can somebody clarify.

Thanks

P3 reached mumbai October 4

I just called this morning and they said no record in their system yet. Mine is AC-140. They said my packed could still be in the mail room. Is this normal?

CP gurus and Dec CP waiters please throw some light and let me know if this makes sense. I had been reading that they assign case numbers pretty fast.

Any advice or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Desi

No Title

I had similar experience, had sent my P3 on Sept 17,they told me it might be in the mail room but later on asked me to send papers again. My relative hand delivered it to information window, between 8:30 and 11:30AM. Mine was regular NVC-CP case.

Info just received - Dec. Holidays for the consulate

I got somebody to go to the consulate and confirm the Dec. Holidays

Here is the info.

Friday, Dec. 14 - Consulate Closed
Monday, Dec 17 - Id
Tuesday, Dec. 25 - Christmas

Going by the past pattern, seems like the employment based interviews will be held on Dec. 18, 19, 20, 21, 24, 26, 27, 28 and 31.

So if the interview falls on the 18th, we need to make sure that atleast one of the hospitals will do the medicals on the Monday 17th Dec. even though it is Id and a consulate holiday. If not then people who have the interview on 18, would have to get their medicals done on 14th. That means reach Mumbai by atleast 13th. Due to non availability of economic airfares that might be an issue.

I will try to find out about the hospitals being opened on the 17th. Can somebody else also try to find out. Thanks

Packet 3 reached today.

Fed EX delivered Packet 3 to consulate today. Do I need to check anything else or should I assume that Mumbai will handle everything appropriately?

Do I get december interview?

Hi
My Packet 3 is sent by the attorney thru UPS to US Consulate at Mumbai today. UPS folks say it reaches by the end of the day on 18th. What are the chances of getting December interview?
thanks

Has anyone spoken to an operator at Mumbai consulate recently?

Hi folks,

My packet 3 reached via UPS at Mumbai on October 9. I have been unable to contact the consulate to verify that they have my info in their system. The phone number is always busy. Whenever, I get through, I always run into the answering machine. Anyone with similar experiences?

Anand

No Title

I was able to talk to an operator on Momday (10/15) @6:00AM ET.
My P3 has reached on Oct.1. have sent email on Oct.5 waiting for reply. Did anyone got email reply recently ?

early nov.

Officially around the 15ht. But you can call the consulate after 5th and find out. But it is really tough to get thru. If you know somebody in Mumbai who can go to the info window that might work better.

No Title

Desichet,

I got an e-mail reply today confirming that they have entered my P3 in their system. They received my P3 on October 9. The e-mail said "Yes we have received the pakt 3 and hope to shcedule your interview in December"

So, that\'s it. I am planning to get my travel plan in place for a December interview.

Anand