December Mumbai Interview Thread

No Title

NVC said that they had sent the case through diplomatic pouch and it may take anything from 1 week to 3months. But from recent experiences, I see that most cases reach the consulate in 8-10 days.

Anand

what\'s the number for mumbai consulate?

And what is a good date to find out if one has been scheduled for a Dec. interview.

No Title

Folks,

For OF-169 form to be sent to the consulate for EB cases, do you need to check box for "Evidence of Support" as it references only form I-864 or not I-134?

Anand

AC-140 Package reached Mumbai on 10/03

i checked with UPS and acc. to the tracking no my package reached Mumbai on 10/03. i called Mumbai Consulate at 011-91-22-3637407 / 08. got response that it takes about 1 week to get case no. and app. month of interview. exact date will be known only around 15th of prior month (month before interview month). still hoping for Dec date. anyone who got response from Mumbai pl. post asap with date when you spoke.

Mine reached Mumbai on 10/3 too via UPS

Starwar, we should keep this thread alive and maybe exchange emails. We could get interviews around the same time

namitmehta

Hi My name is Namit Mehta and I am also in the same dates as yours. My 140 approved on 9/7/2001 and NVC created case on 9/18. On 10/1 they created pkt 3 and on 10/2 they sent my files to Mumbai consulate. My all the forms with NVC case number reached mumbai comsulate on 10/1/2001. I am also waiting for interview date.

No Title

Namit,

Did you call the consulate before sending your P3 forms to see if the consulate had received the case from NVC. My case was also sent by NVC to Mumbai on OCt 2. I am ready with my P3 forms filled and signed. I want to make sure consulate does not reject my P3 as they might not have received the case so soon from NVC. Let me know what you found out from the consulate.

Anand

has anyone called Mumbai consulate?

to check if the P3 is in their system yet? mine reached mumbai consulate on 24th. Is 10 days good enough before doing this check?

thanks.
trishul.

No Title

Hope,

Is the case info from NVC (P3) in their system or your packet 3 that you sent after filling out in their system?

got case no.

my package reached 10/03 and my attorney got e-mail confirmation with case no. based on my e-mail exchange with the consulate i am expecting dec date. has anyone else got feedback from consulate @ Dec date?

What \'name checks\' they(consulate or NVC) run for CP??

Does anybody have any idea what name checks they(consulate or NVC) run for CP? I worked for 2 different companies (2 years + 1 1/2 years)in India before coming to US 4 years back. I included those employer letters for I140. One of the company was very small and they merged with another company and moved to a different address. The address on the employer letter I have is old one.

If Indian consulate sends a letter to old address, I don\'t think they will get anything back from them. For the name check, do they really enquire with all employers I listed on my Biograhic Info?? Anybody has any thoughts?

Sent P3 today to Mumbai

I sent my P3 via UPS today to Mumbai. I had called the consulate yesterday and they confirmed that they had received case info from NVC. Hoping for a December interview.

Anand

Anand, why UPS?

Anand, why did you prefer UPS over say, Fedex? Any good reason?
Thanks
MJ1

P-3 reached Consulate on 10/1.

Consulate rep said we\'ll have our interview in Dec.

Any idea when in Dec I can expect the interview? Case details: EB2, PD 7/11/00.

I can\'t take more than 2 weeks off, and given the rush during Dec holiday season, I\'d like to make advanced travel reservations.

Thanks!