December 2010 - I751 Filers

Gladius - Any news on your biometrics appointment yet?

trawal - Well to answer your question in 1 line - I am still waiting on the biometrics letter.

But if you remember I received 2 NOAs for 1 year GC extension. So about 10 days back I called USCIS and spoke with an immigration officer. He was an awesome person and extremely helpful. He looked into my case and explained to me how 2 notices were sent by a system error. He also told me that my ASC appointment letter is ready to be sent out. But they are waiting for slots to clear in my area field office. Then he asked if I want my ASC notice letters receipt number. Which of course I said Yes. Which is good cuz I can track the case online. So now I can see the LUDs on my case online but I don't have the ASC apt. letter. The most recent LUD was couple of days back. So I am being patient. I may make an Infopass apt. if I don't get the letter in next 7-10 business days.

trawal - I received my ASC appointment notice today. The LUD was in fact for the ASC notice. Appointment date is early next month. I may do a walk-in.

Gladius, it's good to see you back for the ROC process!
I also mailed my I-751 in December and did my biometrics on 1/12. Now I wait ;)

Gladius, it's good to see you back for the ROC process!
I also mailed my I-751 in December and did my biometrics on 1/12. Now I wait ;)

Hey Rosie, Good to see you back here in the forum. I was wondering where my buddies are from 2008-2009. I am going for walk-in biometric this week. Hopefully we will all get 10 year card sometime in March.

Hey Rosie, Good to see you back here in the forum. I was wondering where my buddies are from 2008-2009. I am going for walk-in biometric this week. Hopefully we will all get 10 year card sometime in March.

Fingers crossed for the both of us! :)

Did you guys sent passport size pictures along with the I-751 file?
Instructions mentions to include two passport size photos and completed finger print cards(form FD-258). However, I think that these two items are an exception i.e. only required for people residing overseas due to military or govt. orders - can someone please confirm.

Did you guys sent passport size pictures along with the I-751 file?
Instructions mentions to include two passport size photos and completed finger print cards(form FD-258). However, I think that these two items are an exception i.e. only required for people residing overseas due to military or govt. orders - can someone please confirm.

You answered your question yourself at the end. No need to send the photographs unless you are overseas on govt work.

PS - I am not an attorney or immigration consultant.

Any update

Any update on anyone's cases yet?

No update or LUD after my finger printing process.

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone noticed the National Average for removal of condition family based has jumped from 6 months to 12.5 months.
Taxes service center is hitting an average of 30.4 months, but California and Vermont centers are still holding at 6 months average.

I filed my I-751 for removal of condition of my 2 year GC on dec 22, have done my fingerprints, I believe 16th of January.
Anyone has any idea how much more I would have to wait, any rough ideas. I'll post exact dates for documents in a bit.
Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone noticed the National Average for removal of condition family based has jumped from 6 months to 12.5 months.
Taxes service center is hitting an average of 30.4 months, but California and Vermont centers are still holding at 6 months average.

I filed my I-751 for removal of condition of my 2 year GC on dec 22, have done my fingerprints, I believe 16th of January.
Anyone has any idea how much more I would have to wait, any rough ideas. I'll post exact dates for documents in a bit.
Thanks

There must be a glich in the system. I would not worry about it. The only thing you should be worried about is California and Vermont. What I suspect happened was either California and/or Vermont had too many applications to process and were unable to handle the load so they where transfered to Texas. I suspect the last time that Texas processed a I-751 was for casses from 2008. Since the application is not sent to Texas, I would not worry about it.

I hear that California is fast, and Vermont takes about 4 to 6 months.

hey dhlunar,

That gives me some peace of mind, I was like nooooooo I want to travel back home soon.
Also may be you can advice me or anyone on the forum.
We had a fraud interview for the initial GC, what are the chances for that happening again. We cleared it last time easily but just thinking about it is scary, coz the interview lasted about 2 hours each for me n ma lady.
Thank you for your comments.

Any update from anyone yet? It's been almost 3 months for me since I sent the docs to USCIS

Any update from anyone yet? It's been almost 3 months for me since I sent the docs to USCIS

I guess the average wait time is 110-120 days from the receipt date. I am hoping that we (Dec I-751 filers) will see some activity towards end of March on our (CR189) cases.

Hey guys,
Same here, I went in for my biometrics in Seattle, WA in mid-late January I believe and its been good month an a half and I havent received any other notice or documents yet.

Gladius and Trawal can you guys please state which service center did you guys sent your paper work too?
Thanks.

I guess the average wait time is 110-120 days from the receipt date. I am hoping that we (Dec I-751 filers) will see some activity towards end of March on our (CR189) cases.

It has been 3 months since I sent application to them. Hopefully by 3/31 have an approval and card in my hand.

Hi Everyone! I have filed my wife's I-751 on December 23, 2010 to the Vermont Service Center. Details are below:

10/15/08 Documents sent
01/18/09 AP received in mail
01/22/09 EAD received in mail
03/14/09 Interview date- Case approved
03/23/09 - GC Received

I-751
12/23/10 Documents sent
12/28/10 Documents delivered.
12/31/10- Check Cashed
01/03/11 - One year extension received
01/14/11 - Biometric appointment notice received
02/03/11 (Day 42) Biometrics done

Still waiting for them to approve or call for an interview....

hey dhlunar,

That gives me some peace of mind, I was like nooooooo I want to travel back home soon.
Also may be you can advice me or anyone on the forum.
We had a fraud interview for the initial GC, what are the chances for that happening again. We cleared it last time easily but just thinking about it is scary, coz the interview lasted about 2 hours each for me n ma lady.
Thank you for your comments.

The NOA you got shortly after you filed the I-751 should of extended your conditional GC for one year. That letter with your expired GC is good for work and travel. If you want to be safe, you could try to make an InfoPass appointment to your nearest field office and ask for a temp I-551 stamp in your passport. However, they might or might not do it.

Also, for anyone that is waiting on the VT Service Center don't worry. The national average for I-751 is 6 months and the last time that I checked VT was completeing them within six months. I also heard that VT is in the process of hiring more Immigration Service Officers.