December 2010 - I751 Filers

Gladius

Registered Users (C)
All,

I am starting a thread for December I-751 filers. I sent my I-751 packet along with all the documentation today.

All fellow December filers, please post your updates in this thread.

Thanks,

Gladius

Quick update - I-751 Packet was received by USCIS today.

Hi Gladius, I will be sending my package on Tuesday most likely. What have you all included in it, if you don't mind my asking? I am planning to send I751, obviously check for due amount, copies of joint tax returns, insurance cards, bank statements, photos from trip to Europe and family photos, one affidavit from my father-in-law, etc. Any idea what else should be sent?

Hi Gladius, I will be sending my package on Tuesday most likely. What have you all included in it, if you don't mind my asking? I am planning to send I751, obviously check for due amount, copies of joint tax returns, insurance cards, bank statements, photos from trip to Europe and family photos, one affidavit from my father-in-law, etc. Any idea what else should be sent?

This is what I included in my I751 packet.

1. Cover letter
2. Check for $590.00 for form I-751 ($505.00) and biometrics fee (85.00), payable to U.S Department of Homeland Security.
3. Completed Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
4. Copy of Permanent Resident Card (I-551) & Passport of the applicant.
5. Copy of Certification of Joint Trust.
6. Documentation showing joint home ownership.

a. Copy of Grant Deed from county recorders office.
b. Copy Escrow closing letter from Title Company.
c. Copy of joint mortgage statements
7. Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources
a. Copy of joint bank account statements
b. Copy of joint home insurance policy
c. Copy of joint automobile insurance policy
d. Copy of joint bills
e. Copy of joint health insurance cards
f. Copy of joint tax returns
8. Original Affidavits sworn to by third parties
9. Details of Vacation, Travel itineraries and pictures together
10. Other documentation

a. Copy of our Marriage Certificate
b. Copy of our Wedding invitation
c. Copy of Driving License

Last edited by a moderator:
Documents sent on Saturday and scheduled to reach today to Vermont office. I've sent the following documents as evidence - Joint Credit Cards, health insurance, car insurance, lease documents, photos of our various vacation trips, Travel itineries, joint tax return of 2010, copy of GC etc.

Are we suppose to also send them photocopies of passport? I haven't sent it. Gladius - please confirm.

Documents sent on Saturday and scheduled to reach today to Vermont office. I've sent the following documents as evidence - Joint Credit Cards, health insurance, car insurance, lease documents, photos of our various vacation trips, Travel itineries, joint tax return of 2010, copy of GC etc.

Are we suppose to also send them photocopies of passport? I haven't sent it. Gladius - please confirm.

trawal - I don't think copy of the passport is mandatory or required. You should be fine. I included it, just in case they need to see it.

I received NOA (1 year extension) today. But weird thing is that I received 2 of them (in different envelopes). They are both marked for the same date & same "A" number, but they have different receipt times & receipt numbers. I am not sure which one is correct one.

My wife filed on 11/18 and got word it was received on 11/22. We realized we forgot to send a check after the fact. We called the National USCIS phone number and they have no record. Nothing has been returned in the mail. We are trying to figure out what to do next, any suggestions?

My wife filed on 11/18 and got word it was received on 11/22. We realized we forgot to send a check after the fact. We called the National USCIS phone number and they have no record. Nothing has been returned in the mail. We are trying to figure out what to do next, any suggestions?

pjwilli78 - You should resend the complete packet with the "check" asap. that's what I would recommend (Please note - I am no attorney or immigration expert).

Status on website.

I do not see the status of the application when I go on uscis' website. It says receipt number is incorrect.

Does anyone have the same issue?

I do not see the status of the application when I go on uscis' website. It says receipt number is incorrect.

Does anyone have the same issue?

The extension notice clearly says - "Upon receipt of your ASC appointment notice, you can find the status of your case on-line at www.uscis.gov.". So you will have to wait until the FP/ biometrics notice.

Can you please provide what the content pf the affidavit should look like? Is there a standard format that I can use? Also does the affidavit need to be signed in front of a notary? Sorry, just don't know the steps involved in creating a affidavit?

Thanks for your reply. One more question: Did you send a regular check or a cashier's check?

Thanks