December 2009 family based filers, post here

We had our weeding at courthouse. It's obvious that I legal immigrant can't bring everyone from home country for wedding as it will be very expensive. My wife's (USC) family(aunt uncle, cousins) was present in court and couple of our common friends (15).

Her family had small champagne reception at their house. Tons of pictures :)

===============================================================
AOS through US spouse
DO - Buffalo,NY
ASC: Syracuse, NY
12/23/09: Day 1 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
12/24/09: Day 2 - Packet delivered (long weekend--curious)
12/30/09: Day 8 - Cheques cashed / NOA!...(new year gift from USCIS)
01/20/2010: Day 29 - FP completed as per schedule. not a walk in
02/24/2010: Day 65 - AP and EAD Approved
03/10/2010: Day 78 - IL date ( to be attended

dhlunar;););),
It a big relief that Interview is over and approved. I recieved the 'green card production' email last night. I read your interview experience.Happy to know that it went well and congratulations!!

Cool more gc on their way....u know thats one wait for the mailman that wouldnt be too bad...lol:)

Congrads to you guys and those recieving the EAD. Wonder how F&F did today. Hope everything went good. Sending them luck their way...

Then its on for next week's batch.....

Real cool1 anything yet?

Our interview was at 1 but we didn't get called until closer to 2, I think the people before us tied up our IO

Okay ... well I would have seen you then, I remember two couples being called in while I was there. I was the one with the little boy, we were sitting in the front row.

my interview experience - APPROVED!

My husband and I had the interview yesterday in Philadelphia. We were nervous but quite confident. Everything was fine and the officer was very nice with us.
She told me that my greencard was approved and I already got an email that confirms that it was ordered the production of my gc!!!!!!

As a first she asked us to see our originals documents (passports, birthcertificates...) then she checked twice if I ever overstayed (I was with a touristic visa but I have never overstayed). She wanted to see our wedding pictures....she looked at those very fast then picked up one and asked who were the people on that picture.
Also she wanted to see tax and a joint back account. We had the tax and pay stubs but we didn't have a joint back account and we said that we want to get one but we didn't have time because I got my ssn too late. we showed her that we had other evidence like emails, affidavits and flight tickets. she didn't want to see our emails but she took our flight tickets. We had a kind of friendly chatting about when and how we met, how long we have been together and how important is the marriage in general. We actually made jokes about the fact that my mum said "Finally!" when I told her I was getting married ;)
In the end she said that the gc was approved and that I would get it in 3 weeks. I thought that it was the right time to ask for a stamp in my passport to be able to travel before than 3 weeks. I gave her the paper from the hospital where my grandmother is hospitalized and I asked if there was any chance to me travel as soon as possible. She took my passport and went to ask to a superior to stamp my passport. We she came back I could tell that she was really sorry she didn't get the stamp for me. I got mad I told her that I got the AP only 2 days before the interview (GGGRRRRR!!) and that my grandmother is very sick.
"wouldn't you get the first flight if somebody you love is about to die?" I didn't say that but I guess she got it looking into my eyes. So, she gave me back the appointment letter and wrote on it to come back at 2pm and then she would ask again to the superior to give me a stamp. She did it!!! I got a stamp on my passport that says I can travel up to 3 months and I have a GC!!!! YEAH!!!!

I have to say thanks to everybody in this forum. Your help it was fundamental. We did everything without a lawyer and we didn't get any RFE!
I want to tell you all that we saw at least 3 couples that had the interview without lawyers because the lawyers were late!!! Guys, don't waste your money hiring a lawyer. You can do it by your own like we did!!!

I'm ready to get my ticket flight to go back to my country!
I wish you all the best!!!

Here my final update:

12/ 8/2009 (day 1) - Sent I130, I485, I765, I131
12/11/2009 (day 3) - Delivered USPS priority
12/16/2009 (day 8) - Checks cashed
12/19/2009 (day 11) - Received NOA
12/29/2009 (day 21) - Received FP App
01/13/2009 (day 37) - FP done (walk-in)
01/14/2009 (day 38) - I-485 & I-765 touched
02/01/2010 (day 53) - Received IL
02/02/2010 (day 54) - I765 & I131 touched
02/12/2010 (day 64) - Received EAD
03/03/2010 (day 85) - Received AP (dated 02/02/2010) :mad:
03/05/2010 (day 87) - Interview Approved!!!

DEC09filer

our case has resumed,what next???????????????????????????????????????????????
Do you think it will take another 20 days before i get IL or EAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
F&F congrads...enjoy your visit home and your grandmother. I think she will be very happy to see you....Make sure you have someone check ur mail while u r gone...the gc comes pretty fast... you can also put ur mail on hold with post office...

Realcool1: I would expect EAD real soon and IL in 20 days... just from their average response. I think what they wanted from you was secondary evidence so it shouldnt hold you up that long...it may be very fast.

F&F congrads...enjoy your visit home and your grandmother. I think she will be very happy to see you....Make sure you have someone check ur mail while u r gone...the gc comes pretty fast... you can also put ur mail on hold with post office...

Realcool1: I would expect EAD real soon and IL in 20 days... just from their average response. I think what they wanted from you was secondary evidence so it shouldnt hold you up that long...it may be very fast.

That means i can't get interview date for this month.

Awww I do remember you, he was so adorable! I loved his little jacket. DH and I were the black couple

I figured it had to have been you guys, your interview was so fast! I was surprised how quick you guys came back out.That's cool, I wish I would have realized before hand that you were going to Charleston too! Where do you guys live? We live in Sumter.

ABRUniverse - your post mirrors my situation exactly! We have been together for 7 years and are college sweethearts who also got married at the courthouse (no witnesses needed in FLA.) and plan to have a bigger wedding in about 1 1/2 years.

Honestly, the courthouse wedding ceremony doesn't make a difference. Hundreds, even thousands, of couples get married in courthouses each year. As long as you have joint bills, leases, and proper documentation etc. to prove you have a legit relationship you should be fine. Our interview officer was particularly interested in photos with us and each others' parents. We are lucky to have a ton from over the years (birthday parties, college graduations where our in-laws came, etc) and that made more of an impact than out wedding photos!

Your story definately eases some of my worries. Do you and your husband wear wedding rings?

That means i can't get interview date for this month.

They have to have 19 days to transfer file prior to interview at local DO. Thats the rule/law/internal policy. This gives the local DO time to process and read file prior to interview. Sorry i wish i could give you better news.... Plus i'm not 100% right all the time...hopefully i'm wrong.

They have to have 19 days to transfer file prior to interview at local DO. Thats the rule/law/internal policy. This gives the local DO time to process and read file prior to interview. Sorry i wish i could give you better news.... Plus i'm not 100% right all the time...hopefully i'm wrong.

i read through a lot of updated signature and i find out that most RFE of dec filer was attended to on the 24th of feb and all have their IL now. i guess they where about to send us the IL when they ask for the tax document.
who send the IL. local DO or NBC?

Hi guys,
congrats to everyone who was approved, and those who recieved ils.
My mother got her ead yesterday and both she and my sibling recieved their ILs. So good news.
As for me, I had my interview on the second. Everything went well, the officer only asked general questions. name, birthday, last date of entering the US. He said that he was missing my original birth certificate ( which i sent) so i gave him another copy. He then said that he was a bit confused with the tax returns. But he just didn't know that my father is self-emplooyed. He then said that it was ok and that now it makes sense. So he said he will approve me but that a file was missing. I didnt ask him what it was.. but i wish i did. He said it wasnt a problem but that he needs to put the file together and that I would receive my GC 7-10 days after that.. I just hope it doesn't take long... Oh, and he took the I-9 and asked me if i use my ead for id purposes. I said yes and he said that he wouldn't take it so that i can keep on using it as id until my GC comes. But he gave me an envelope saying that when I receive the GC, I should return the EAD. Wishing and praying that I will soon get an update.

who send the IL. local DO or NBC?

NBC sends out the IL. It took almost a week for us to get it from the notice date.

Also, I think all mail is sent from NBC, because our case was approved on Wednesday afternoon and we still have received the approval notice yet. If it was mail from Baltimore on Thursday or Friday we would of received it by now.

I figured it had to have been you guys, your interview was so fast! I was surprised how quick you guys came back out.That's cool, I wish I would have realized before hand that you were going to Charleston too! Where do you guys live? We live in Sumter.

He only asked a few questions and looked at the pictures, another IO came in and interrupted him and after that he walked out and came back in and said everything was fine and he'd stamp DH's passport. They found a Popeye's for me as well because I was hungry! and you can't deny a pregnant woman food lol

We're down on Hilton Head, it's great here