December 2009 family based filers, post here

Thanks all!!! Case approved!!!!
The interview was at 10am and we were there 30mins early, we were called inside to interview right at 10am.
The interview was very short about 10-15 minutes. Very thing was very sillimar to what Dongseokji said. After taking an oath, she than asked me all "No" questions. and verified all my info and my father's info. Then asked for my I-94, she took it and said that my case was approved and the GC will be in mail in 2-3 weeks. She gave me an approval letter and told me no aboard before the GC.
A very big day for me!!! What a BIG step in this LONG process!! And I am glad that it's close to the end!!!!
Good luck to all whose interview on the way!!!

Congrats Dongseokji and CALVIN_LJQ.

I got the IL today, did you'all receive two of them coz i did.

When we got ours, it was the I-797C NOA that had the checklist of what to bring and a white paper that said if you were ever arrested or appeared in front of a court (except for certain traffic cases) to bring documentation.

kops, what is your interview date? Your DO is not NYC is it? (NYC does stuff differently because of Strokes.)

I just got the GC prodruction ordered e-mail at 10pm today, the same day as the interview which at 10am in the morning!!!! impressive!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations CALVIN_LJQ and Dongseokji!!!! :D

I just received my second EAD Card Production update, I'm hoping to get it sometime early next week.

Congratulations CALVIN_LJQ and Dongseokji,i am happy for you guys.
@ deco9filer you guys said i should be cool and i am still cool when i loose my cool
i will let you guys know,i guess am the only person without IL or EAD for December
filesr,LOL
Am just updating you guys.

I am still getting our documents together. We have some pictures from the time when we first started dating. We meet in college almost 7 years ago now. She was on F-1 (Student Visa) status at the time. Should we bring all of her I-20s and proof of my enrollment to show that we went to school at the same time?

Also, I contacted my HR department to ask for a employment verification letter, but they never got back to me. Should I just include a copy of my contract, a copy of my personnel data information form (printable from the payroll system, and shows my wife as my emergency contact), pay stubs, and a couple of time sheets (also printable from the payroll system)? I made a photocopy of my employee ID card which states the department I work in, and a photocopy of my Drivers License (since it relates to my job). When I did the I-864, I didn't have time to get an employment verification letter, so I included a print out of my appointment information and all of my pay stubs. I never got an RFE so I take it was acceptable. If I was missing something and they wanted me to bring it to the interview, would I receive an RFE?

D.O New York city
Marriage to USC(My wife)

Dec 23,2009 Package sent to USCIS- Chicago( I-130,I-485,I-765,I-864)
Dec 24,2009 Package received
Jan 04,2010 Checks cached
Jan 08,2010 NOAs received(cases appear online)
Jan 16,2010 Fingerprints notice received(Scheduled for Jan 28,2010)-No e-mail,No LUD
Jan 18,2010 fingerprint done(walk-in)
Jan23,2010 RFE received( Medical)-No e-mail,No LUD
Jan 29,2010 RFE sent to USCIS-Missouri
Feb 01,2010 RFE received by USCIS-case resume -E-mail and LUD
Feb 20,2010 IL received for March 26,2010@ 26 Federal Plazza. -No e-mail,no LUD

D.O New York city
Marriage to USC(My wife)

Jan 16,2010 Fingerprints notice received(Scheduled for Jan 28,2010)-No e-mail,No LUD

Cadel,

Did you receive anything else with your interview notice? NYC, and only NYC, is subject to the Strokes case. I heard if you are NYC DO and got chosen for a Strokes interview they would tell you with the letter. However, I would recommend to read up on Strokes and be prepared.

I got the IL today, did you'all receive two of them coz i did.

kops,

I re-read our interview letter and the bottom right hand corner it says "Applicant Copy." I would advise checking both copies and if one is not intended as your copy then contact Customer Service ASAP.

Even if I don't get an email, I check the case status every couple of days on USCIS case status site to see what is going on. Our I-485 was last updated on 2/19/09 (Friday) and the message is the same Initial Review. Our interview is scheduled for March 3rd. Anyone know what could be going on so close to our interview date?

please explain

FIRST: Congrats Dongseokji and CALVIN_LJQ.

She gave me an approval letter and told me no aboard before the GC.

what does it mean? DID SHE SAY TO NON GET ABOARD (meaning TRAVEL) BEFORE YOU GET YOUR GC?
Can't we just travel if our greencard is approved at the interview?

I haven't recevied the AP yet! I'm so worried about. My grandmother is very sick and I trying so hard to go visit her.
It's awful! I applyed to expedite the AP, on 1st Feb, to be able to travel before the interview day and go visit her. But I only got a letter that says my case was approved on 2nd Feb and that the AP will be mailed to me in 30 days (I haven't reiceved it yet!!).
I have the interview scheduled in 2 weeks. So, I'm thinking to visit my grandmother in my homecountry right after the interview is done. Can't I do that?

Guys, I feel so stressed about it. I can't stand that I'm not in the right to see a person who is very important to me! :(
Please, tell me I'll be able to travel abroad right after the interview.

what does it mean? DID SHE SAY TO NON GET ABOARD (meaning TRAVEL) BEFORE YOU GET YOUR GC?

I haven't recevied the AP yet! I'm so worried about. My grandmother is very sick and I trying so hard to go visit her.
It's awful! I applyed to expedite the AP, on 1st Feb, to be able to travel before the interview day and go visit her. But I only got a letter that says my case was approved on 2nd Feb and that the AP will be mailed to me in 30 days (I haven't reiceved it yet!!).
I have the interview scheduled in 2 weeks. So, I'm thinking to visit my grandmother in my homecountry right after the interview is done. Can't I do that?

Guys, I feel so stressed about it. I can't stand that I'm not in the right to see a person who is very important to me! :(

If your status is approved at the interview it is at the discretion of the officer to give you a stamp in your passport. One of the reasons the officer might give it to you is if you can prove that you need to travel overseas within the next two weeks. It is not custom for them to stamp passports automatically at interviews anymore because the green card should take about two weeks to get to you.

If your status is approved at the interview it is at the discretion of the officer to give you a stamp in your passport. One of the reasons the officer might give it to you is if you can prove that you need to travel overseas within the next two weeks. It is not custom for them to stamp passports automatically at interviews anymore because the green card should take about two weeks to get to you.

That means that at interview I can show a document I got from the hospital where is written that my grandmother is hospitalized in that hospital and then they might give me a stamp in my passport, right?

I don't undestand what's the problem if I leave the USA after the interview. I shouldn't have any trouble leaving but I might have problems coming back to the US, right? Does anybody know about it?
I'm going to get the AP anyway before the interview (In fact, I got the letter that my AP was approved and that are going to mail to me)...so, can't i just use the AP to travel abroad after the interview is done?

Thanks for helping me

I am in the same boat, but no one is sick, just my husband and I have already booked our trip to out of the country on March 16th and our interview is on March 1st.
With all the documents I am bringing to the interview, I have the e-tickets printed. If at the end of the interview everything goes well, I will kindly ask the officer for the stamp. Mostly it can happen is he/she to tell us no and we will have to change our vacation plans.
I am so anxious about this interview!!

Nov 17th Package sent to Chicago (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
Nov 19th Package received
Nov 25th Checks cleared
Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
Dec 21st Biometrics notice received
Jan 7th Biometrics appointment done
Jan 19th 1st email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 19th
Jan 25th 2nd email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 22h
Jan 27th Received EAD card on the mail
Jan 28th Applied for SSN
Jan 30th Received Interview Letter for March 1st, 2010
Feb 5th Received SSN
Mar 1st Interview

I agree with dhlunar. Yes, Do Not leave the US before geting the GC or AP after the interview approval because my I-94 is taken and neither my AP/GC is not received yet. If you can get the stamp from the officer during the IV, that would be great.

Calvin, your EAD got approved just a day before interview lol.

I am waiting for EAD ,,, hope full this week.

=================================================
AOS through US spouse
DO - Buffalo,NY
ASC: Syracuse, NY
12/23/09: Day 1 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
12/24/09: Day 2 - Packet delivered (long weekend--curious)
12/30/09: Day 8 - Cheques cashed / NOA!...(new year gift from USCIS)
01/20/2010: Day 29 - FP completed as per schedule. not a walk in
03/10/2010: Day 78 - IL date ( to be attended)

D.O New York city
Marriage to USC(My wife)

Hi CADEL

We both sent our package on the same day and both got RFE and our date
are very mush similar,i haven't received IL or EAD yet,when was your IL notice
dated,so i can know when to start expecting my IL.

That means that at interview I can show a document I got from the hospital where is written that my grandmother is hospitalized in that hospital and then they might give me a stamp in my passport, right?

I don't undestand what's the problem if I leave the USA after the interview. I shouldn't have any trouble leaving but I might have problems coming back to the US, right? Does anybody know about it?
I'm going to get the AP anyway before the interview (In fact, I got the letter that my AP was approved and that are going to mail to me)...so, can't i just use the AP to travel abroad after the interview is done?

Thanks for helping me

In terms of leaving the US there is nothing stopping you even now. As you said returning is another story if you don't have the right documents.

The decision to stamp your passport rest with the officer that interviews you and there is no guarantee that you will receive a stamp even with documentation from the hospital. I am sorry about that.

In terms of the AP, there is also no guarantee. Based on other posters who have had their interview, a majority of them at the time of the interview the IO collected their EAD and AP. There has been stories on this forum of people who where approved for a GC while they where out of the country on AP. However, if you get to keep your AP and you leave the country and your application for GC is denied then your AP would be voided and you would have no documentation to return to the US.