December 2009 family based filers, post here

yeah..I think the GC will even come early than the EAD in mail...

Calvin, your EAD got approved just a day before interview lol.

I am waiting for EAD ,,, hope full this week.

=================================================
AOS through US spouse
DO - Buffalo,NY
ASC: Syracuse, NY
12/23/09: Day 1 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
12/24/09: Day 2 - Packet delivered (long weekend--curious)
12/30/09: Day 8 - Cheques cashed / NOA!...(new year gift from USCIS)
01/20/2010: Day 29 - FP completed as per schedule. not a walk in
03/10/2010: Day 78 - IL date ( to be attended)

Hi CADEL

We both sent our package on the same day and both got RFE and our date
are very mush similar,i haven't received IL or EAD yet,when was your IL notice
dated,so i can know when to start expecting my IL.

IL dated Feb 16,2010

Most filers have reported a touch on their files prior to the interview. The file must be in the local office i believe 19 days prioir to the interview. The touch probably means the file has been recieved by local office and thus reviewed by the local office prior to the interview... most of us should be getting this touch on file as our interviews are around the corner....When they do this review some say say they decide what type of interview that are planning for you....:rolleyes:

Kops when is your interview date?

realcool1 hopefully you get that IL this week...hoping for you to get it....

Most filers have reported a touch on their files prior to the interview. The file must be in the local office i believe 19 days prioir to the interview. The touch probably means the file has been recieved by local office and thus reviewed by the local office prior to the interview... most of us should be getting this touch on file as our interviews are around the corner....When they do this review some say say they decide what type of interview that are planning for you....:rolleyes:

That makes sense. I had a touch last Friday and our interview is a week from Wednesday. So, it must be the local office reviewing the file.

dec09filer
i received touch some 3days after my case resumed,so what kind of touch do you think that will be.
and do you think i should call them to make my EAD faster, i really need to get the driver license not even job.

CADEL

IL dated Feb 16,2010
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Case was touched on Friday and again today. Our interview is scheduled for next Wednesday. I read the posting about an update shortly before the interview to point out it is in the district office. However does two updates mean anything?

Okay Friday night I got a second update saying my I-765 was approved and it was on "Document production or Oath Ceremony." Now I just got another update saying that they mailed out a notice that my application was approved, but it's now on "Post-Decision Activity." Has anyone else had this before, I thought when you get the second update that it's been approved it usually when they mail the actual EAD.

Okay Friday night I got a second update saying my I-765 was approved and it was on "Document production or Oath Ceremony." Now I just got another update saying that they mailed out a notice that my application was approved, but it's now on "Post-Decision Activity." Has anyone else had this before, I thought when you get the second update that it's been approved it usually when they mail the actual EAD.

Unless the wording of the EAD approval notice has changed you can use the approval notice as proof of authorization to work in the US for 30 days or until you get the card which ever comes fist. That was the way the approval notice was written when my wife got OPT in 2007. It said when completing an I-9 (required form to prove authorization to work in the US, you fill out when you start a job) with the approval notice you will need some sort of identification document, such as a passport.

Unless the wording of the EAD approval notice has changed you can use the approval notice as proof of authorization to work in the US for 30 days or until you get the card which ever comes fist. That was the way the approval notice was written when my wife got OPT in 2007. It said when completing an I-9 (required form to prove authorization to work in the US, you fill out when you start a job) with the approval notice you will need some sort of identification document, such as a passport.

I thought I needed an ssn to work :confused:

I didnt know that. I was really hopingthat the 2nd e-mail I had was when my EAD was being mailed out. I just hope I get something soon.

In terms of leaving the US there is nothing stopping you even now. As you said returning is another story if you don't have the right documents.

The decision to stamp your passport rest with the officer that interviews you and there is no guarantee that you will receive a stamp even with documentation from the hospital. I am sorry about that.

In terms of the AP, there is also no guarantee. Based on other posters who have had their interview, a majority of them at the time of the interview the IO collected their EAD and AP. There has been stories on this forum of people who where approved for a GC while they where out of the country on AP. However, if you get to keep your AP and you leave the country and your application for GC is denied then your AP would be voided and you would have no documentation to return to the US.

Thank you Dhlunar.

I didn't know that the AP that can be voided if the GC is denied. It would be a big trouble in that case.
I guess that the only thing I can do now is hope to get that stamp on my passport.

Got GC for Parents Yesterday - application to approval in 78 days

Hi,
Wanted to share my experience with all of you. I (USC) had filed for both my parents after they came here on a visitor's visa. Concurrent I-130 and 485 was sent on December 4th, 2009. Application was acknowledged on December 18th and FP done on December 31st. Got IL mid-Jan. Interview was done and GC ordered yesterday (Feb 22nd). My parent's case was straight forward (no RFEs and no prior issues with immigration); the only thing out of the ordinary was I had submitted non-availability of Birth certificate and 2 affidavits of birth for each.

For the benefit of others, following is the Interview experience:

Went to Lawrence, MA early for 7:30 appt. was called around 8. Both my parents were called at the same time (I asked for it too). Before entering for the interview, the officer congratulated me and said she had just approved both my I-130 petitions. I accompanied my parents as a translator. After we went to her room, she did oath and asked for IDs, parent passports and I-94s. She made copies and the first thing she did (even before starting the interview) was she cancelled their US Visas (wrote CWOP and dated it). That was good sign to begin with!! Then she took away original I-94s.

She then went over the I-485 application questions and clarified the answers for each. Very nice officer, she even mingled with parents and talked some other/personal stuff. In the end, she said: Congratulations, I have approved your GCs. Welcome to America. Finally, she also did the formality of updating data on her Computer and ordering the GCs(while we were with her). The interview for both parents lasted 25 mins together.We were out on the road by 8:30.

Last night (around 10:30 PM), I also got the automated case update e-mails.:)

Overall a smooth experience and very fast (compared to what I had to go through that took years, it was employment based).

Good Luck to everyone else!! Many thanks to the forum members, I got a lot of the answers, application formats and updates from here!! Keep sharing your thoughts here...:D

Realcool1.. I think they are readying your file to have local office do interview scheduling. This happened on my file too. And my interview letter was dated during that touch... should get IL in ten days or so....

As for i think it was Canadian girl with the post activity on 765..... the only thing i could come up with is if your EAD is really close to the interview date maybe they might not want to send it out as they may have prejudicated your file knowing you will get GC at the interview....It could be a good thing... dont panic

From all i've read they have stopped stamping the green card at the interview except in cases of emergencies (including travel due to illness that is critical). Take your documents of illness to the interview. It should get stamped. Even if they dont approve right away ask them if you can use the AP to go see grandmother after interview.

There is a few of us doing interviews this week. I wish you luck and hopefully you will return to us with good news. Sendingpositive energy ur way......

luckymb:

Congrads and thankyou for sharing your experience with us...it really helps those in the same situation as u.

My date is the 25th. Good luck to all those who are getting ready for their interviews. I'm not sure if i'm excited or nervous. I have some bills in both of our names as well as some joint accounts. Is there anything else i should add as proof of bonafide marriage

When we got ours, it was the I-797C NOA that had the checklist of what to bring and a white paper that said if you were ever arrested or appeared in front of a court (except for certain traffic cases) to bring documentation.

kops, what is your interview date? Your DO is not NYC is it? (NYC does stuff differently because of Strokes.)

No I have Atlanta DO. I think it must have been just a mistake with the two letters coz both of them have the same thing. Excerpt I did not check the A#'s. It is listed in the letter right?? I gotta get home and check if all the numbers are the same

The good news first: My wife's GC application was approved. The interview was very straightforward, probably not more than 20 mins. Our interview was scheduled at 12:30 PM, we got there at 12:15 PM and we got called in at 1:10 PM. We had an Asian officer, who was very friendly and first apologized for the extended wait time. We took the oath, went through the usual yes/no questions, and asked us about how we met, when we got married. The most he focused on was documents to show that we were married: we showed photographs, copies of the bank statements, copies of insurance cards (health, automobile), copies of credit card statements and photographs from our wedding. He asked us if we had any additional documents (honeymoon tickets etc), and we said we didn’t have any document on us - he was primarily looking to as many documents as possible to substantiate our marriage. Asked for our passports, birth certificates, my (sponsor's) latest paystubs, and then said that it was a fairly straightforward case and he didn’t see an issue and approved it. He also told us that it is conditional and asked us to look up the web for what it meant. ;)

We asked him if he would stamp the passport with the approval, he however said that the current 'trend' is to not stamp the passport, but approved it electronically. The approval is transmitted immediately for the Card production and we should receive the card in a few weeks. We asked him about travel and that’s when he took my wife's AP document saying that it is better we don’t have it with us because in case we travel using this, it could confuse the system and our GC card could get delayed. He asked us to keep the EAD card as that would help in getting a job before we receive the actual GC. He asked us to destroy the EAD card once we receive the GC. If we HAVE to travel before we receive the actual card, he asked us to make an appointment with Infopass and they will issue a temporary card that we can use for travel.

This is the end of our Journey, let’s all meet in a couple of years. Good luck to all; this has been a tremendous forum.

Sharing my interview experience at Jackosnville, FL office. Our attire for the interview was business casuals. Our interview time was scheduled at 10am. We reached 5 minuts earlier. Our names were called by the interviewing officer, sharp at 10.am. After the formal greetings, Interviewing officer (* IO) requested for our passport and EAD and he asked us to take oath, then asked whether i have been involved in crime, drugs, arrested, married before and i said ' no'. The IO was friendly, yet no nonsense type. Conversations between us and IO was brief and upto the point. He also asked for 3 documents in proof of marriage based relationship. I already kept them handy and furnished - collages ( each collage had 4 pictures of us ) , joint home ownership document and joint auto insurance.He was very impressed with Joint ownership of home document. He had a quick glance at them. He looked into our passports, entry and departure records, took 3 pictures ( * 1 collage), home ownership doc. and then he said-"you are good, i will approve your case'. Your green card will be mailed within 60 days' and we thanked him.
I looked at the watch and it was showing 10.10 am when we were out of the building :D.
DC09filer's possitive engery charm reached us here in Jacksonville, and worked well on us;) .It was the coolest interview i have ever had in life,even biometrics was not that fast. (I wish my job interviews are like this:):);)
Dear DC09filer, many many thanks for your good wishes and following up on everyone. I wish all of you have a very pleasent interview experience like mine. Will update you next when i recieve green card.

Sending positive energy to AAren and Bhagvas.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah 5 for five....:):):):):) Congrads to both of you.

Today was a good day... I heard a story once. This guy died. His family prayed. They put word out in the news. It was very tragic. As the guy that died was recieved by the angels he was told that they couldnt take him. They said he had to go back. He had glimpsed the afterlife and didnt want to return. He insisted on knowing why he had to go back. They showed him the earth below. There were lights here and there all over the globe. He asked what they were. The angels responded those are people praying for you. They pointed out one very bright light. He asked what that was....they said that is the reason you have to go back. He said he didnt understand. They explained the other lights are friends and family...they have a vested interest in you but the brightest light is from a stranger. His prayers are coming from a place of pure Good. We cant refuse that. It is the strongest prayers.

Since i heard this story i try to do prayers or just have a word with my God when i know someone out there needs his help. I've always had my prayers answered but not always can i figure out how. Sometimes it takes time to understand why things happened that way. But mostly its good news. Thats just who i am i guess. If someone is mean or cruel i just do a quick prayer for them and move on towards more positive energy. God has rewarded me well with my life and i am happy with what i have seen and done in my years.

I hope you guys will stick around to encourage and check up on the rest of us. The more postive energy we have going here the better and more self confident people will be on their interviews...:)

Kops : Do u have any insurance or titles/ lease papers/ rent reciepts/ joint ownerships/joint titles/car life health rental insurance? Medical/dental receipts/ will/library cards/ credit cards together/ major purchases together/vacation reciepts/affadavits/ pictures with friends and family/ functions attended together pics etc.... We have a month so order any originals you need...I sent away for birth certificate for my step daughter and spouse birth certificate ... should be here on time....

I'll repost my updated list for interviews............:)