Those of us still checking the mail:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::(
  1. realcool1
  2. dec09filer 3/22
  3. naas
  4. kiwistar
  5. kops 3/25

Update 5 for 5:)

tracer next up on 3/1. A few days to get everything in order.

For all Remember if they give you a hard time its to see if you crumble. Believe in yourself and read peoples experiences from interview threads. It will make you comfortable with the process and thus less likely to be nervous. The more you know about the process the more comfortable you look and they are looking for edgyness. If you are in a legit marriage it presents pretty easy as long as you arent nervous.....

Yeah 5 for five....:):):):):) Congrads to both of you.

Today was a good day... I heard a story once. This guy died. His family prayed. They put word out in the news. It was very tragic. As the guy that died was recieved by the angels he was told that they couldnt take him. They said he had to go back. He had glimpsed the afterlife and didnt want to return. He insisted on knowing why he had to go back. They showed him the earth below. There were lights here and there all over the globe. He asked what they were. The angels responded those are people praying for you. They pointed out one very bright light. He asked what that was....they said that is the reason you have to go back. He said he didnt understand. They explained the other lights are friends and family...they have a vested interest in you but the brightest light is from a stranger. His prayers are coming from a place of pure Good. We cant refuse that. It is the strongest prayers.

Since i heard this story i try to do prayers or just have a word with my God when i know someone out there needs his help. I've always had my prayers answered but not always can i figure out how. Sometimes it takes time to understand why things happened that way. But mostly its good news. Thats just who i am i guess. If someone is mean or cruel i just do a quick prayer for them and move on towards more positive energy. God has rewarded me well with my life and i am happy with what i have seen and done in my years.

I hope you guys will stick around to encourage and check up on the rest of us. The more postive energy we have going here the better and more self confident people will be on their interviews...:)

Kops : Do u have any insurance or titles/ lease papers/ rent reciepts/ joint ownerships/joint titles/car life health rental insurance? Medical/dental receipts/ will/library cards/ credit cards together/ major purchases together/vacation reciepts/affadavits/ pictures with friends and family/ functions attended together pics etc.... We have a month so order any originals you need...I sent away for birth certificate for my step daughter and spouse birth certificate ... should be here on time....

I'll repost my updated list for interviews............:)

Girl I needed to hear that so much. Sometimes I struggle with that, coz ppl can at times rub you the wrong way, and that can affect your mood for the entire day. Ruin things that were meant to go well. But i feel the same way. i always say a prayer in my heart..And i know god has seen me thru a lot. And i cannot express how grateful I am for the lil things that i might sometimes take for granted. Sometimes heariring words of encouragement is all you need to hear. but I know i came to this forum to draw strength from all those who have gone thru the same experience as I'm about to go thru.

realcool1, dnt loose your cool yet. I know sometimes you come here becoz you are anxious and maybe worried that things might be wrong. But trust that it's just a delay and it will be all good real soon. dec09filer is right, we should all provide support to each other when we can. I will do my best to let you guys know whats going on with me if it makes any difference in comparing with your timeline. this week should be your week, I'll say by friday you should receive something.

Stay cheerfyl and hopeful

Hey everybody,

I am a "November 2009 family based filers" but I thought I'd post my updates here too.

My interview is less than a week away. The binder with all the evidences, copies, original, pictures... name it - is ready! I am past the nervous feeling, I have a wonderful husband who has patiently supporting my expectations on that and he is very confident everything will be fine.

I will make sure to post details of my interview when I get back on Monday.

Good luck everybody!

Nov 25th Checks cleared
Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
Dec 21st Biometrics notice received
Jan 7th Biometrics appointment done
Jan 19th 1st email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 19th
Jan 25th 2nd email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 22h
Jan 27th Received EAD card on the mail
Jan 28th Applied for SSN
Jan 30th Received Interview Letter for March 1st, 2010
Feb 5th Received SSN
Mar 1st Interview

congrats to those who received ILs Eads, and those who had their ILs already.
There are still no updates for us. I am a bit confused because although we received an RFE for my sibling, there was none for my mother.
And it's been 2 months since we sent the applications. I wonder what is going on.. I mean, I was expecting a delay for my siblings case but not for my mother... I wonder if they are keeping them together? Maybe they did it so that the interviews are scheduled together?

Congrats to those who got their interviews approved, and all EAD approved or received.

Naas, I'm sure there is nothing to worry about. They might just be on the way this week. I bet you and realcool1 will have news to share next week. At this point i dnt see a reason why they would not proceed with the process. I'm assuning we've passed all stages for RFE. It is possible that they are trying to schedule your moms and siblings all together. Probably because you' all have one sponsor. So this should be your week

Naas: I agree with kops. Its probably a scheduling thing. I think someone here mentioned their mom and da were interviewed in the same appt. So maybe they want to do the interviews together.

Misspriss80: Welcome, we hope you will indeed post ur experience with us here. We are a close knit group. :) Most of us have interviews this month so ur comments will definitely be helpful.:)

UPDATED:

1.dongseokji 2/18
2.calvin_LJQ 2/19 LuckyMB
3.aaren/bhagavas 2/23
---------------APPROVED------------------------

Next batch::
1.tracer/ misspriss80 3/1
2.dhlunar/VandiRussell/canadian_girl08 3/3
3.Jay_T 3/4
4.F&F2009 3/5
5.empress123/dallas812 3/8
6.507107314 3/10
7.EAD2003 3/15
8.danromeo 3/16

RFE CLUB:

1.realcool1
2.dec09filer 3/22
3.naas
4.kiwistar
5.kops 3/25

Realcool1, One time i did recieve RFE, and it was like waiting to hear from the 'unknown end', although i had to wait only for 10 days.
I wish that waiting period ends soon.

This is not good news i just got another RFE mail now,so it took them 23 days to tell me i need another document.

Still no update to my case. RFE mailed 23 days ago. How do I confirm that they received the RFE?

Couple of questions:

Did u send it to the correct address on rfe request?
Did you track your mailing that it was confirme delivered on what date?
Did you attach the yellow/pink rfe paper to the top of the document?
Do u have a copy of the whole package that you can send in again to confirm they got it?
IF you say yes to the above and its been 22 days and no case is resumed email....call them. The number is on your original noa letter. Hit 1 then 2 then 3 it will get you to a live operator.

This is not good news i just got another RFE mail now,so it took them 23 days to tell me i need another document.

No its not good news sweetie but its not terrible news either. Some people they have made wait 6-8 months. Some even years. Its better that its just one document you can mail back as fast as possible. In a weeks time you could be back on track with them releasing your EAD and IL. I know its frustrating but it is progress. What document do they want now? Also what DO are you going to be interviewed at. Hopefully its not a busy one and they can fit you in quick once they get the rfe back. DO NOT let this frustrate you more than it already has....its just one baby step/ or hoop you are going to have to take to get to the finish line.

I have worked for the government and know how incredibly long it takes to do something quite simple. The procedures followed can be long and complex. Sometimes i had to get a file to a desk across the hallway. I could have walked there and put it there but i had to give it to my supervisor who gave it to the manager who put it in the pile for the mailroom clerk. The mailroom clerk took it to the distribution centre which placed it in the destination pile for the office accross the hallway. Then the mail clerk brought it back to that office to the manager, who gave it to the supervisor who gave it to the officer. He read my notice stamped it and put some comment in the computer. The file then came back to me in the reverse of this proccess. I hope this helps explain why it took so many days....

Cheer up at least your file is at the right officer and you can get case resumed by next week if you get it mailed back today/tommorrow. What is it for? Not the 864 again? Also remember this explains why you didnt get ead yet. They put everything on hold. So by next week your ead will be set to go.

You could still get an interview in the same week as me and kops......then we'd be on the same timeline and you applied after us....lol......

Had anyone checked their case status online to see the LUD change to a recent date with no change in the message, and no text or email? Our case was touched last Friday and Monday and I never received an email. The only way I found out is because I logged in.

I put a binder of information together with all of the relevant documents. My wife is responsible for putting together the photo album. Our photos are digital and online, but I selected about 100 photos that we are going to print to put in an album to bring with us. I told my wife that we should submit the pictures online to the store to be printed, but she argued the pictures quality doesn't come out as good as if you go in person. I said it is pictures for the interview, and I don't think the IO cares if the quality is a little off.

One thing I found that I included with our documents is an email from my mom to me about the engagement ring I gave my wife.

No its not good news sweetie but its not terrible news either. Some people they have made wait 6-8 months. Some even years. Its better that its just one document you can mail back as fast as possible. In a weeks time you could be back on track with them releasing your EAD and IL. I know its frustrating but it is progress. What document do they want now? Also what DO are you going to be interviewed at. Hopefully its not a busy one and they can fit you in quick once they get the rfe back. DO NOT let this frustrate you more than it already has....its just one baby step/ or hoop you are going to have to take to get to the finish line.

I have worked for the government and know how incredibly long it takes to do something quite simple. The procedures followed can be long and complex. Sometimes i had to get a file to a desk across the hallway. I could have walked there and put it there but i had to give it to my supervisor who gave it to the manager who put it in the pile for the mailroom clerk. The mailroom clerk took it to the distribution centre which placed it in the destination pile for the office accross the hallway. Then the mail clerk brought it back to that office to the manager, who gave it to the supervisor who gave it to the officer. He read my notice stamped it and put some comment in the computer. The file then came back to me in the reverse of this proccess. I hope this helps explain why it took so many days....

Cheer up at least your file is at the right officer and you can get case resumed by next week if you get it mailed back today/tommorrow. What is it for? Not the 864 again? Also remember this explains why you didnt get ead yet. They put everything on hold. So by next week your ead will be set to go.

You could still get an interview in the same week as me and kops......then we'd be on the same timeline and you applied after us....lol......

thanks dec09filer

i haven't seen what the RFE is i just got a mail update

I received my EAD today and applied for my SSN. I'm so happy, I finally got it!

Congrats to everyone who has had an interview, it's almost over for you guys!