December 2009 family based filers, post here

Is birth certificate required for co sponsor?

I received the RFE for co-sponsor's Birth certificate. Thought I had sent it in. Hopefully this won't delay my process too long

Kops. I didn't know that birth certificate is required for co sponsor? I thought that Certificate of Naturalization is sufficient. How did you know that it is required when you mailed AOS? Did you find it in instructions? I'm also sending my AOS and I have a co sponsor who is a citizen but I didn't know that I'd need her birth certificate. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Kops. I didn't know that birth certificate is required for co sponsor? I thought that Certificate of Naturalization is sufficient. How did you know that it is required when you mailed AOS? Did you find it in instructions? I'm also sending my AOS and I have a co sponsor who is a citizen but I didn't know that I'd need her birth certificate. Please let me know.

Thanks,

I don't think a birth certificate of co-sponsor is necessary for you to send. I also sent the certificate of nanturalization and the front page of U.S.passport of co-sponsor just in case one is not sufficient. Maybe that person is not a naturalized citizen, rather a U.S. born citizen.

:eek:really....:confused: I did not include neither the birth certificat nor the naturalizattion certificate of the main-sponsor(which is my dad) in the AOS package!!!:mad:....I thought since I got the I-130 approved years ago...so no need to prove he is the US.C again.....

I don't think a birth certificate of co-sponsor is necessary for you to send. I also sent the certificate of nanturalization and the front page of U.S.passport of co-sponsor just in case one is not sufficient. Maybe that person is not a naturalized citizen, rather a U.S. born citizen.

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek:really....:confused: I did not include neither the birth certificat nor the naturalizattion certificate of the main-sponsor(which is my dad) in the AOS package!!!:mad:....I thought since I got the I-130 approved years ago...so no need to prove he is the US.C again.....

Hi,

If they already have your previous files on record, you should be OK.
Let's not speculate. I don't know exactly what they look at, but I thought it would be better for me to be on the safe side. That's all.

Thanks,

Well my co-sponsor is a born USC, and she does not have Certificate of Naturalization. So I had to use her Birth Certificate to prove citizenship. I think you should be fine with what you have like someone already stated.

Best of luck to you

Well my co-sponsor is a born USC, and she does not have Certificate of Naturalization. So I had to use her Birth Certificate to prove citizenship. I think you should be fine with what you have like someone already stated.

Best of luck to you

On the second page of the I-864 (the page which ask for the information of the person filling out the form) it says if you checked off co-sponsor (or some other things on the first page) to include proof of citizenship, national, or LPR of the person filling out the form. I just asked my co-sponsor for a copy of their passport information page. I take it that was acceptable since I didn't get any RFE yet.

Also, I am a USC by birth, but I used a copy of my passport information page with my I-130. It was the only thing that I had available at the time I was filling out the form. I do have my BC now that I will bring with me, plus my passport, when we go for our interview.

On the second page of the I-864 (the page which ask for the information of the person filling out the form) it says if you checked off co-sponsor (or some other things on the first page) to include proof of citizenship, national, or LPR of the person filling out the form. I just asked my co-sponsor for a copy of their passport information page. I take it that was acceptable since I didn't get any RFE yet.

Also, I am a USC by birth, but I used a copy of my passport information page with my I-130. It was the only thing that I had available at the time I was filling out the form. I do have my BC now that I will bring with me, plus my passport, when we go for our interview.

dhlunar,

You should be fine with a copy of the passport page.

FP Notice received. Do they accept walk-ins at San Jose FP center? Thanks

I think I saw someone's timeline that said they went to San Jose for FP and walked in. However, it could be based on the amount of people that are waiting.

Tomorrow is my wife's appointment for FP. I didn't mention to her that should of tried earlier, because I think someone did try to go to our ASC location as a walk-in and was turned away.

Anyone have any idea of how long the wait is from the FP appointment to receiving the IL? Also, I know that I sent everything according to the instructions on the forms, but does USCIS review the applications before the FP appointment or after? (I just don't want to get a RFE so long after filling.)

The FP appointment notice said no cell phones are allowed at the ASC. How exactly does that work: do people go through security screening? Are you allowed to have a cell phone but turned off and in your pocket?

I am asking because my wife is going by herself tomorrow to the ASC by public transportation, so she will have no place to put it when she is in ASC.

She did mention that she would leave it at home, but I would like her to have it so she can call me when she gets out to tell me how it went.

update about walk in finger print (Syracuse NY)

I had some work in Syracuse Downtown. After finishing my work I tried AOS walk in for finger prints (my official date is 01/20). They didn't allowed me. If I insisted they would have.. but I just said good day and left.

"Officer told that USCIS will not look into your fingerprints or something related to it until official finger print date, so it is not usefull to take finger prints early".........

Cell phones should be switched off. Just like any other normal screening.

It's a small office. All syracuse folks have to go Buffalo for AOS interview

===================================================================================
AOS through US spouse
Location - Syracuse, NY DO: Buffalo NY
12/23/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
12/24/09: Day 1 - Packet delivered (long weekend--curious)
12/30/09: Day 7 - Cheques cashed / NOA!...(new year gift from USCIS)
01/20/2010: Day 20 - FP appointment (fp notice date 1/5/2010)

I got my finger print notice :)

12/18/09 mail package.
12/23/09 rec'd by chicago lock box
12/31/09 checks cash
01/05/10 rec'd noa's for I-130,I-485 and I-765
01/12/10 rec'd finger print notice for 01/27/10

Wife went today to get her fingerprints taken at the Glenmont, MD ASC. She took public transportation and left extremely early. Her appointment was at 12, but she got there at 1120 and was the only one there. They accepted her 40 minutes early. She was done within 10 minutes.

Hello All,

I have not received my FP notice yet..., I called the number on the notice.., they said wait for another 45 days and call back if i dont hear anything back..., I am wondering if anyone has a similar situation...,? I have noticed lot of people have received FP notices with in 30 days.., Any suggestions are really appreciated.

I filed I - 130 in aug 2005 when my wife was on GC.., she has become US citizen now..,

Also, I have advance parole and EAD from my employment based green card and 485 is pending in EB3 category with PD July 2006 as well.

Family Based - I 130 (Aug 2005)
-------------
12/5/2009 Day 1...Sent 1485 and I131 Package
12/7/2009 Day 3...Delivered to lock box via USPS priority
12/14/2009 Day 10...Checks Cashed
12.16.2009 Day 12... Received NOAs for I-485, I131

Hello All,

I have not received my FP notice yet..., I called the number on the notice.., they said wait for another 45 days and call back if i dont hear anything back..., I am wondering if anyone has a similar situation...,? I have noticed lot of people have received FP notices with in 30 days.., Any suggestions are really appreciated.

I filed I - 130 in aug 2005 when my wife was on GC.., she has become US citizen now..,

Also, I have advance parole and EAD from my employment based green card and 485 is pending in EB3 category with PD July 2006 as well.

Family Based - I 130 (Aug 2005)
-------------
12/5/2009 Day 1...Sent 1485 and I131 Package
12/7/2009 Day 3...Delivered to lock box via USPS priority
12/14/2009 Day 10...Checks Cashed
12.16.2009 Day 12... Received NOAs for I-485, I131

Have you ever been fingerprinted for other immigrant benefits by USCIS?

Thank You Nass. May God go with all of you!

12/18/09 mail package.
12/23/09 rec'd by chicago lock box
12/31/09 checks cash
01/05/10 rec'd noa's for I-130,I-485 and I-765
01/12/10 rec'd finger print notice for 01/27/10