December 2009 family based filers, post here

More than a week since NOA, still waiting for the FP notice. I guess the delay is due to the Holidays.

Concurrently filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 for my wife.
12/04/2009: Mailed to Chicago
12/10/2009 : Arrived at lockbox
12/11/2009: Priority date
12/11/2009: Check Cashed
12/19/2009: NOAs Received
XX/XX/XX: FP Notice Received
XX/XX/XX:: FP Date

yep, holidays... mine is 10 days delay, you may get it in a week.....or sooner
More than a week since NOA, still waiting for the FP notice. I guess the delay is due to the Holidays.

Concurrently filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 for my wife.
12/04/2009: Mailed to Chicago
12/10/2009 : Arrived at lockbox
12/11/2009: Priority date
12/11/2009: Check Cashed
12/19/2009: NOAs Received
XX/XX/XX: FP Notice Received
XX/XX/XX:: FP Date

Updating my signature on the two cases I sent...one for my wife and the other for my sister.

Today I stopped by the USCIS office, my wife's appointment is not until Jan 12 but I figured I give it a shot. Could not hurt. Just as I thought, there was nobody there because of the holiday proximity and I asked them to let us do the FP they finger printed my wife without batting an eye.

Thankfully I got that out of the way and saved myself two weeks of process.

Persistence pays.

Thankfully I got that out of the way and saved myself two weeks of process.

I doubt whether it would speed up anything, but good luck nevertheless. Look for your processing to get on track about the time your original FP was scheduled. Good Luck!

My wife still haven't received her FP notice. I suspect it is delayed due to the snowstorm and the holidays.

I still can't see our cases (the I-130 and the I-485) online. Called the 800 number and they transferred me to someone else who said that the case is in the system, but sometimes the case status system doesn't pick it up automatically and they were going to put a request to have it updated manually.

Since I am in the holiday break, I went downtown and did the walk-in-FP. There were only two people waiting, and I got it done in 20 mins. It may not speed up the whole process, but I can at least get one thing done ahead in case there is a big snow on the scheduled day. So I am waiting for the next step.....and crossing my fingers....

My wife still haven't received her FP notice. I suspect it is delayed due to the snowstorm and the holidays.

I still can't see our cases (the I-130 and the I-485) online. Called the 800 number and they transferred me to someone else who said that the case is in the system, but sometimes the case status system doesn't pick it up automatically and they were going to put a request to have it updated manually.

dhlunar, I've similar dates as yours and waiting for FP notice. I guess, we get the notices, soon.

Jay

Received notice today for FP appointment for my wife on Jan 13th at the Glenmont, MD location. Just to confirm she is the only one that needs to go, and the petitioner is not required to be there?

We also received a notice confirming the phone call from last week regarding a new A# being assigned. Yes, she did get a new A# because the FP notice has the new one (the same one on the I-485 NOA). It says that the records department will determine which one is primary and notify us.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, she is the only one needs to go.
Received notice today for FP appointment for my wife on Jan 13th at the Glenmont, MD location. Just to confirm she is the only one that needs to go, and the petitioner is not required to be there?

I checked my online status, and found out the my I-485 and I-765 show updated on 12-30(today) which the day I did the walk-in-FP, even thought the status are remaining the same(acceptance and initial review), but at least i know it's been "touched"...

I did the FP done on 12/29 and it shows it has been "touched". I don't think it means much. Waiting for any update on the EAD which I believe is the next step. Let's wait and see.

Hey all,
sent in my mother and sibling's package on the 21st. no noa yet.
good luck to everyone waiting :)

Hey Guys,
It has been two weeks since I received NOAs for the I130, I485 and I765. But no FP notice yet. Should I start to get worried? I see that most of the people have received the FP notice within a week after receving NOA, so I thought I would check.

Hey Guys,
It has been two weeks since I received NOAs for the I130, I485 and I765. But no FP notice yet. Should I start to get worried? I see that most of the people have received the FP notice within a week after receving NOA, so I thought I would check.

Due to the holiday there has been a delay. Also, the service center from where the notice is coming from seems to be slow with sending things out. Our FP notice was dated 12/23, postmarked on 12/24, but we received it on 12/30. I think that they waited till 12/28 to actually mail it. Also, if you have been FP by USCIS within the last 15 months then they are still valid.

The USCIS website says the notices are sent out to give you 14 days notice regarding your appointment and a majority are sent out within 30 days of when you filed. If you still haven't heard anything then you should call the 800 number.

Our I-485 and I-130 cases were received on December 14th, and I still can't see our cases online. I know there had been a computer software issue that some cases haven't been getting into the cases status like they should. Would calling the 800 number and letting them know going to help? Also, my wife is the applicant for the I-485 (I was the petitioner for the I-130), so would the call center talk to me regarding the I-485 case?

Moving along (a second time)

I'm happy to say that I received my letter to go have biometrics done this month. I'm not sure if they will re-do them again because when they check there computer on our scheduled day, they will see that my husband and I had them done just last year (around July). In any case we seem to be moving along smoothly so far, so I just hope all goes well this time.

Timeline

12/16/09 - Posted I 130, I 485 & I 765

12/17/09 - Rec'd by Chicago Lock Box via UPS overnight delivery

12/21/09 - Checks cashed

12/22/09 - Rec'd NOA's for I 485 & I 765

1/2/10 - Rec'd notice for biometrics scheduled for 1/19/10

AOS through US spouse
DO - Syracuse, NY
12/23/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
12/24/09: Day 1 - Packet delivered (long weekend--curious)
12/30/09: Day 7 - Cheques cashed / NOA!...(new year gift from USCIS)
01/xx/09: Waiting for FP letter