December 2009 family based filers, post here

I'm a little late to the party but I figured I would chime in... sent all my stuff for my husband on 12/29 (my birthday!) and waiting for the fun to begin.

Hey Guys,
It has been two weeks since I received NOAs for the I130, I485 and I765. But no FP notice yet. Should I start to get worried? I see that most of the people have received the FP notice within a week after receving NOA, so I thought I would check.

Take a look at my countdown, seems like Dallas office is not as fast as other offices in the country...

Nov 30th NOAs received
Dec 21st Biometrics notice received (Jan, 7th)

looks like 485, 130 and 765 were touched yesterday. I'm yet to receive the RFE letter. Growing real impatient as I want to know what it is so i can respond in a timely manner.

looks like 485, 130 and 765 were touched yesterday. I'm yet to receive the RFE letter. Growing real impatient as I want to know what it is so i can respond in a timely manner.

The touch from yesterday could be a result of getting your fingerprints taken on Monday. Also, I suspect that your RFE was actually mailed on Monday or Tuesday, with a notice date of December 31. It seems like when ever I get mail from MSC they put down one day, postmark it the next business day, and mail it the business day after that.

dhlunar, Curious what is "second A# assigned" meaning in your signature. Thanks

My wife came to the US as a student and got her BS and Masters. After each degree she applied for OPT and received an EAD with the same A# both times. On all of her LPR paperwork we wrote down the A# that she had on her EAD from the past. When we received the official receipt for the I-485 it had a different A# down. She called the next day and asked and they said a second number was assigned to her and it should not have been. A service request was put in to research this and merge the two numbers. We were told on the phone we should have a response within 45 days.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but we received our official receipts the week of Christmas and still can't see our cases online. Customer Service is no help, because if we can't see it they can't see it.

The touch from yesterday could be a result of getting your fingerprints taken on Monday. Also, I suspect that your RFE was actually mailed on Monday or Tuesday, with a notice date of December 31. It seems like when ever I get mail from MSC they put down one day, postmark it the next business day, and mail it the business day after that.

Yeah, i think that's probably the case, which means I should at least give it till Friday or Saturday. Thanx for your input

How can people tell if an ASC will accept walk-ins? I checked the website for our local ASC and it says they only do it by appointments except for military (which I am not). Do people just show up and see if they will be processed?

How can people tell if an ASC will accept walk-ins? I checked the website for our local ASC and it says they only do it by appointments except for military (which I am not). Do people just show up and see if they will be processed?

I just showed up to mine, but then again I'm in ATL. From my understanding all DO's operate differently

Little twist

I'm on H1B. My wife was a permanent resident when she filed I-130 for me to California center. She just became USC in DEC '09 i.e. before I-130 gets approved.

So, I filed AOS I-485, I-765 and I-131 with supporting documents to Chicago lockbox. As some posts suggested, she sent I-130 receipt notice and copy of her naturalization certificate to upgrade I-130 case. Apparently that does not work and they sent it back highlighting the number 1-800-375-5283 to call to upgrade my case. We did so to upgrade my case.

I'm not sure when does EAD or AOS processing starts. Does it start only after my I-130 gets approved or it could start right away and I should expect fingerprint notice in couple of weeks?

Finally got my FP notice on 1/6 and completed it today. Looks like it was stuck in mail as it was dated 12/21.

Concurrently filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 for my wife.
12/04/2009: Mailed to Chicago
12/10/2009 : Arrived at lockbox
12/15/2009: Priority date
12/15/2009: Check Cashed
12/19/2009: NOA Received
01/06/2010: FP Notice Received
01/08/2010: FP Date/FP Completed

I'm not sure when does EAD or AOS processing starts. Does it start only after my I-130 gets approved or it could start right away and I should expect fingerprint notice in couple of weeks?

Once you get your I-130 upgraded, they will consider your AOS as concurrent filing. Then you should receive notices for FP and the rest of the stuff.

I received the RFE for co-sponsor's Birth certificate. Thought I had sent it in. Hopefully this won't delay my process too long

Got FP notice

AOS through US spouse
DO - Syracuse, NY
12/23/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
12/24/09: Day 1 - Packet delivered (long weekend--curious)
12/30/09: Day 7 - Cheques cashed / NOA!...(new year gift from USCIS)
01/20/2010: Day 20 - FP appointment (fp notice date 1/5/2010)

12/18/09 mail package.
12/23/09 rec'd by chicago lock box
12/31/09 checks cash
01/05/10 rec'd noa's for I-130,I-485 and I-765

fp recieved for mom and sibling.
But they are not on the same dates which sucks.
Were gonna try to get them done the same day i hope there wont be any problems.