De-Schedule Calls

There has been some reports in past of applicants getting calls directly from DO instead of receiving cancellation in mail. If you still plan to go to interview, bring a copy of your application along with all the documents. The IO may accept and do the interview anyways until they can consolidate the interview results with your original case file.

Go the the interview if possible. If the IO allows you finish the exam portion of your N-400, that will start the 120 day clock for a decision.

They called to de-schedule because they don't have my file. I asked to be interviewed anyways.
-----------------------------------------------------
Cregan,

If they did not have your file how did they schedule your interview? I had heard now a days they do not schedule interview unless they have everything?(So I believe we cant say our interview happening unless we are actually sitting in interview room:(

and what do you mean by you asked to be interviewed anyways..Is it our option to choose if they are desceduling?(I heard my interview is scheduled but now with your experience I am not so sure about it)

Your filing lawsuit has anything to do with it??

Thanks in advance

Ok, I'm posting my details in a couple posts, because ... :) I am grateful for all of the support

Advice - these de-schedule calls, do not accept them. Request to be interviewed anyways. They did not loose my file. The file at the interview had all of my history. They had it, I do not understand why they had to call me yesterday and make us so scared

Went to the interview. The parking was full. Almost an hour passed after I gave my IL, so I asked them if they had me scheduled today. Shortly after, my husband and I were called for the appointment. The IO was professional. I was impressed :)

Ok ... he explained why I had trouble with all my applications after my F1 & OPT Visas. He said the person who filled out my H1B, GC and N400 did a mistake on all of those applications. He said my name was wrong. The system was confused with my middle name and maiden name not matching with social security. We had to do a name change. Even though I had reviewed my applications, I had relied on the lawyer I had paid top money to. Yep, the lawyer no longer has any of our family members as clients and no referrals. We were impressed on the professionalism the IO had.

He asked a few questions. Our governor is now Jan Brewer so that was the answer I gave him. he looked at me ... so I told him it was Janet before ... he went into more questions :) as to what deparment she is now assigned to :) he smiled when I gave him the answer ... DHS.

I passed! He told me that he will work on a short time for my OL and I should have my OL in 2 wks. He said it should not be longer than that ;)

My advice: if you are applying based on marriage, keep your name or your wife's name with the maiden name until you have the N400 interview, at the interview change your name if you want too.

Thank you, Thank you so much to everyone on this forum

I'm sticking around :) this forum and will let you know when I get OD

cregan, a hearty congratulations to you! :) It pays to insist and to persists. Good on you that you never gave up and never lost hope. You're an example for many who have to navigate the sometimes treacherous waters of N-400.

I'd say all's well that ends well, but I'll save that for when you take your oath. However, a congratulations is definitely in order here!

Ok, I'm posting my details in a couple posts, because ... :) I am grateful for all of the support

Advice - these de-schedule calls, do not accept them. Request to be interviewed anyways. They did not loose my file. The file at the interview had all of my history. They had it, I do not understand why they had to call me yesterday and make us so scared

Went to the interview. The parking was full. Almost an hour passed after I gave my IL, so I asked them if they had me scheduled today. Shortly after, my husband and I were called for the appointment. The IO was professional. I was impressed :)

Ok ... he explained why I had trouble with all my applications after my F1 & OPT Visas. He said the person who filled out my H1B, GC and N400 did a mistake on all of those applications. He said my name was wrong. The system was confused with my middle name and maiden name not matching with social security. We had to do a name change. Even though I had reviewed my applications, I had relied on the lawyer I had paid top money to. Yep, the lawyer no longer has any of our family members as clients and no referrals. We were impressed on the professionalism the IO had.

He asked a few questions. Our governor is now Jan Brewer so that was the answer I gave him. he looked at me ... so I told him it was Janet before ... he went into more questions :) as to what deparment she is now assigned to :) he smiled when I gave him the answer ... DHS.

I passed! He told me that he will work on a short time for my OL and I should have my OL in 2 wks. He said it should not be longer than that ;)

My advice: if you are applying based on marriage, keep your name or your wife's name with the maiden name until you have the N400 interview, at the interview change your name if you want too.

Thank you, Thank you so much to everyone on this forum

I'm sticking around :) this forum and will let you know when I get OD

Hi Cregan,

regarding:
"Shortly after, my husband and I were called for the appointment"

Did they ask you to bring your husband at Interview?
(because you applied based on marriage?)

Thanks

David

No, I didn't ask. I stood up. The IO said who's this? I replied my husband. They he said "He's coming with". I didn't think spouses could come with, but when we sat and he questioned us, he knew us, he knew our file. I don't know if it's because of our WOM that he knew our lifes :) and that he wanted my husband. It was nice, our IO is active military, so my husband and him got along well :)

Have you made an Infopass of called USCIS to verify on your case?

No, I didn't ask. I stood up. The IO said who's this? I replied my husband. They he said "He's coming with". I didn't think spouses could come with, but when we sat and he questioned us, he knew us, he knew our file. I don't know if it's because of our WOM that he knew our lifes :) and that he wanted my husband. It was nice, our IO is active military, so my husband and him got along well :)

Have you made an Infopass of called USCIS to verify on your case?

I am happy to hear everything went well.

I called several times about the status of the service request I opened last month.

They told me someone (finally) is working on my case and that it will be transferred to my DO.

They have until Feb 16 to provide an official answer (mail) about the status of the case.

I hope they will speed up the process, I applied 6mo ago and in my DO they are supposed to process cases from PD to oath in 5mo....

My case should be pretty straightford, clean records, from a US friendly country, decent salary, wife and daughter USC....

Let's wait one more weeks, if nothing happens I will take a second Infopass.

01/26/2009 : N-400 mailed
02/02/2009 : Notice Date
02/05/2009 : FP ND
02/20/2009 : FP Appt
02/20/2009 : FP Done
03/05/2009 : Interview ND
04/13/2009 : Interview Appt
03/12/2009 : Interview descheduled (NO CLUE??)

betyou, I'm sorry. Did you get a call or a letter?

Your timeline is still on track, but due to my history ... I would advice to make an Infopass and start investigating why and when. Also call USCIS and request to speak to a 2nd Level IO. Do not waste your time with the initial people that answer the phone. Even if they say they can tell you about your account, they do not have that information. Tell them you were told to call back and make sure to speak to a 2-lv IO or that you have been disconnected when you were speaking to a 2-lv.

Keep us in touch

cregan, thanks for the advise.

I did receive a deschedule letter. BTW, I will complete 5 year (after GC) clock on 04/23/09 and my original interview date is 04/13/09. I am not sure, if this is any thing to do with deschedule?