Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Hi everyone,

I have my interview next week and have a question for the people that have been on their interviews already. During the interview did they ask you for tax transcripts????? specifically state tax returns.

I have with me federal tax returns and account transcripts for the last 5 years that I ordered. The only thing I have for state returns is the actual copies that I filed. Do I need anything else? would they ask for state tax transcripts??

Thanks for your help.
Does one need to file State tax in State of Texas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

I have my interview next week and have a question for the people that have been on their interviews already. During the interview did they ask you for tax transcripts????? specifically state tax returns.

I have with me federal tax returns and account transcripts for the last 5 years that I ordered. The only thing I have for state returns is the actual copies that I filed. Do I need anything else? would they ask for state tax transcripts??

Thanks for your help.

I think the filing instructions specifically ask for federal tax returns only. I am not planning to take my state tax returns from other states for the interview.

Updating schedule
6/24/2009 sent application
6/25/2009 application received by USCIS
7/20/2009 check cashed
7/21/2009 received app receipt
7/29/2009 received FP appointment for 08/06/2009
8/06/2009 FP
8/17/2009 received IL :-D
9/24/2009 Interview- Dallas/Texas
x/xx/xxxxx oath
x/xx/xxxxx PP applicatoin
x/xx/xxxxx PP received

Updating schedule
6/24/2009 sent application
6/25/2009 application received by USCIS
7/20/2009 check cashed
7/21/2009 received app receipt
7/29/2009 received FP appointment for 08/06/2009
8/06/2009 FP
8/17/2009 received IL :-D
9/24/2009 Interview- Dallas/Texas
x/xx/xxxxx oath
x/xx/xxxxx PP applicatoin
x/xx/xxxxx PP received

Good going citihorn. That was quick, you have it 3 months to a day of your application date :). I hope your interview is in the morning and by then they will have same day oaths again.

Had my interview today at 9:00 a.m. and was given same day oath at 1:30 p.m. So, they are now once again offering same day oaths.:D

Good luck to eveyone!!!!

Congratulations Thatah. can you please post your interview experience., also any process papers you carried with please.

Had my interview today at 9:00 a.m. and was given same day oath at 1:30 p.m. So, they are now once again offering same day oaths.:D

Good luck to eveyone!!!!

Congratulations Thatah! I must be one of the lucky people because my interview is set for 1:40 pm, so no chance of same day oath :(.

Good luck to eveyone!!!!

Congrats!

See, I know this was a short term hold up on same day oaths. I don't see any reason for them to stop it on something that they started to improve the CS in the first place The guy who reported earlier that they stopped for good may not have heard it properly...not a reliable source and little confused case...

Congrats!

See, I know this was a short term hold up on same day oaths. I don't see any reason for them to stop it on something that they started to improve the CS in the first place The guy who reported earlier that they stopped for good may not have heard it properly...not a reliable source and little confused case...

Congratulations Thatah. Can you please share your experience at your interview? paper work they asked for? questions asked? Thanks.

I have my interview tomorrow at 10:20 am in the Irving office. I hope this trend continues and I am able to do same day oath. I will update everyone on my experience with the Irving office tomorrow.

My interview was at 9:00 and I was called in at 9:15. After swearing in the interviewer ask for my green card, social security card, and driver license. Then we went over all the N-400 papers and I answered a few question that he had about my children and husband. Next he had me sign the passport photos that I had originally sent in with my application and a few papers. After that he started asking me the test question. 1. What movement tried to end racial discrimination? 2. Who is the first president? 3. What are two U.S. holidays. 4. Where is the Statue of Liberty located? 5. Who is the governor of Texas? 6. What is one promise you make when you become U.S. citizen? Next he made me read a sentence, Where does the president live? He answered the question and I wrote it down on his paper. He then said "congratulations you passed do you want to become a U.S. citizen today?" I immediately said yes. He left and came back with my oath letter. The interview took only 20 minutes to complete.

I brought all the documents requested with my IL. IRS tax transcripts, original and copies of marriage license, husband's birth certificate and divorce decree from prior marriage, children's birth certificates. The interviewer asked to see none of these documents.

Luckily I had a very pleasant experience. Hope all of you have as good luck as I did.:)

Milk and others:

Got my OCI card as well. Rather quick one!

N-400 Applied: 2/16/09
N-400 Priority date: 2/18/09
FP Notice revied : 3/14
Orginal FP notice data: 3/18
Missed the FP appointment
Request to re-schedule the appointment response lost by USCIS
Infopass appt in Irving - 5/8
new FP date: 5/28
FP: 5/28
Letter for Interview received: 6/13
Interview Date: 7/20 7:30 AM
Interview - 7/20. Showed up at 7:25 and completed the interview process by 7:55.
Oath date - 7/20
Applied Passport in person at Dallas Passport Agency - 7/21
Passport received - 7/21
OCI applied (in person @ Houston) - 7/22
Visitor visa for India applied and approved -7/23
OCI Applied in person (They don't encourage inperson application. So Please avoid in future) - 7/21
OCI Acknowledged - 7/23
Photo Scanned - 7/25
OCI Granted - 8/5
Documents Printed - 8/6
Documents Dispatched to Houston - 8/7
Documents received in Houston - 8/11
U Visa Stamped on Passport and received OCI book - 8/17

--
Got US Citizenship and OCI - so what's next? -- Well, I guess time will take whereever I need to be.

Goodluck folks. If you are not in a travel hurry, OCI process seems to take less than 4 weeks. You might consider it (without getting an visa)

Good going citihorn. That was quick, you have it 3 months to a day of your application date :). I hope your interview is in the morning and by then they will have same day oaths again.

Thanks sgsnathan,
Unfortunately my interview is at 1:45pm ...does that mean the oath will not be on the same day?

Thanks sgsnathan,
Unfortunately my interview is at 1:45pm ...does that mean the oath will not be on the same day?

Based on what I have seen on this forum, you can't get a same day oath unless you had the interview completed before 11 am. It looks like your interview and mine are around the same time on consecutive days.

Based on what I have seen on this forum, you can't get a same day oath unless you had the interview completed before 11 am. It looks like your interview and mine are around the same time on consecutive days.

Thanks,
That's too bad, looks like we'll both have to wait about 30 days for the oath process. What a bummer.

My interview was completed before 11:00 AM but they did not schedule Oath the same day and also my cousin's Interview time was at 8:15 AM and she didnt do same day. It is all Random Process or may be depends on the number of people attending on a given day.

Thanks,
That's too bad, looks like we'll both have to wait about 30 days for the oath process. What a bummer.

I am not sure if it will be 30 days, I see some who got the oath within 30 days and some longer. So we'll see :).

raj, I thought when you went for the interview, they were not offering same day oaths at all, but have restarted now. Maybe I got that wrong.

Hey guys,

I had my interview today at 11 am. My appointment was set for 10:20 am but there was a lot of people in the waiting room and they were running late. I brought with me a lot of documents ( tax transcripts, marriage certificate, traffic tickets payments, proof of residence documents, selective service registration and much more. The IO did not ask me for any of these documents, she just asked for my GC, Passport and D/L. She quickly went through my application and asked me if anything has changed since I filled out my app and I said no and she moved on to the test.

We finished with the test around 11:15am and she asked me if I wanted same day oath, I of course said yes and she brought me my oath letter. Had the oath at 1:30. The whole process today was so easy and simple.

Good luck to everyone.

Hey guys,

I had my interview today at 11 am. My appointment was set for 10:20 am but there was a lot of people in the waiting room and they were running late. I brought with me a lot of documents ( tax transcripts, marriage certificate, traffic tickets payments, proof of residence documents, selective service registration and much more. The IO did not ask me for any of these documents, she just asked for my GC, Passport and D/L. She quickly went through my application and asked me if anything has changed since I filled out my app and I said no and she moved on to the test.

We finished with the test around 11:15am and she asked me if I wanted same day oath, I of course said yes and she brought me my oath letter. Had the oath at 1:30. The whole process today was so easy and simple.

Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations Dallas987 :)

Hey guys,

Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing this with us!