Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

My wife and I just started our process in Dallas, but it seems to be going faster than we expected.
Here's our timeline so far:

Green Card date: 01/26/04
Sent N400s: 10/28/08
Receipt and Transfer Notices: 11/03/08
Checks cashed: 11/03/08
Fingerprint Notifications: 11/03/08
Fingerprint Scheduled: 11/26/08

Now, we will not be able to go to the fingerprinting on the scheduled date (it's Wed of Thanksgiving week and we'll be out of town). Does anyone have any experience with the rescheduling? Any advice? Should we cancel our trip?

My wife and I just started our process in Dallas, but it seems to be going faster than we expected.

Now, we will not be able to go to the fingerprinting on the scheduled date (it's Wed of Thanksgiving week and we'll be out of town). Does anyone have any experience with the rescheduling? Any advice? Should we cancel our trip?

I have had done rescheduling with my finger print (though not for N-400) before, it was not bad. Just that I was not able to get a specific date that I wanted - Got the FP rescheduled within 4 weeks.

Personal advice though - I would never would like to reschedule with INS just the uncertainties and the sub-normal confidence with INS - But that's just me.

New comer on this thread. Good info.

My case to date (gamago, we are on a similar timeline)

PD: 10/28/08
FP letter: 11/07/08 received
FP completed: 11/08/08 (walk-in)

FP letter has a scheduled appt for later in Nov but I will be out of town. So I went to the Dallas Appl support center yesterday and the receptionist was kind enough to suggest I do FP right there as "it is not busy". So bring your id's and ask politely. Good luck.

NOA - Interview Date Received!!

Nov/10/2008: NOA - Interview Appointment letter recd.
Jan/06/2009: Interview Date for me!

Didn't expect it this quick as the immigration time line for N-400 at INS website still says that priority date is Dec 2007 for Dallas.....

Thank you very much bvganesh and dliu004 for the useful info.
dliu04, when you say "Dallas Appl support center", are you referring to the same location where the FP is done?
bvganesh, contratulations on you interview scheduling!! Wow! That's fast!

Cheers.

Dallas sameday Interview& Oath

Do we sill have same day Dallas sameday Interview& Oath ?
I have interview on 01/05/2009

Please share your exp and thoughts............

My citizenship was based on 5 year of permt residency (employment).
I was asked GC, Passports and Drivers License. No other documents. She didnt ask me to verify all the questions in the passport. I think she asked me some 10-15 questions such as were you arrested, were you part of communist group, will you bear arms etc. I had her make 2 changes to my application. (One travel trip and number of dependents change) I answered all the questions as I had answered those in the application.
Then she asked me you want the old test or the new test. I opted for the new test. She asked me 6 questions from the 100 question bank and then stopped. Then she had me read and write the same sentence. (When is columbus day) She had me sign on the photographs.

Then She asked me, ,would you like the same day oath. I said Yes. She gave me the Oath letter scheduled at 2:15pm. And that's it.

Went there for Oath. Got the certificate in some 15 minutes. The whole ceremony was over in an hour or so.

Immediately applied for the passport, which I should be receiving in some 4 weeks or so.

I hope this helps.

ncc

My citizenship was based on 5 year of permt residency (employment).
I was asked GC, Passports and Drivers License. No other documents.

Congrats. This is great news. Just wondering how many out of the country trips you had in last 5 years ?

I had 10 total trips in last 5 years. 3 trips were little big. (163 days, 140days, 80days). But she didnt ask me any questions.

Thanks and Good luck to you as well.

Here is my timeline.
Posted date. June 25 2008
Check encashed date July 1st 2008
FP notice date July 10th.
FP done on July21st.
1st Info pass on October 23rd. They said that my name check is completed and they sent my file into computer to pickup next available date for Interview notice. It is been a month now and still I didn't see any change on my file.

My wife applied along with same time lines but she got her Interview and US passport around 3 months ago. Surprising to see why it is different for different members of the same family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it was the only Dallas Appl Support center for FP is near Bachman Lake.

Thank you very much bvganesh and dliu004 for the useful info.
dliu04, when you say "Dallas Appl support center", are you referring to the same location where the FP is done?
bvganesh, contratulations on you interview scheduling!! Wow! That's fast!

Cheers.

Got approved

Have an interview on 4th. It was very easy going. IO checked through the document and asked me if I have arrested or cited. I said yes and mentioned they were all traffic tickets. She checked the list of citations(I had total of 8 tickets and the last one was still on probation!) that I disclosed and didn't even asked me for court disposition letters. I was disappointed!:D I'd been through 8 different courts in 8 different cities to get those letters, but she didn't even care! :D
Anyway, she just asked me for 3 years of income tax returns.

Civic and history exam was very easy. Wonder if they select only the easiest questions among all. Writing and reading was easy too. I wrote "They came to live in the United States." and read "I have a very clean house."
Everything took about 20-25 minutes I think. IO didn't say that I was passed or approved, but I saw her stamping a big "Approved" stamp on my document. She said I would receive an approval letter within a month.

Thank you for those who helped me on my questions while I was preparing N-400!

Thanks for sharing your information.

Civic and history exam was very easy. Wonder if they select only the easiest questions among all. Writing and reading was easy too. I wrote "They came to live in the United States." and read "I have a very clean house."
Everything took about 20-25 minutes I think. IO didn't say that I was passed or approved, but I saw her stamping a big "Approved" stamp on my document. She said I would receive an approval letter within a month.

Thank you for those who helped me on my questions while I was preparing N-400!
Thanks for sharing your information. Good luck with your further proceedings.

Just received my interview letter today

Hi,
I just received my interview letter today. Interview date is scheduled for Jan 30th of 2009 at Irving center. However, when I login to check my online status it still says that there are no updates in the case since July 10th which is completely wrong. So don't go by the online updates as it is not accurate any more.

My N400 timeline in Dallas DO

D/O: Dallas, Texas
11/15/08 : N-400 Mailed to TSC
11/18/08 : N-400 Recd. by TSC
11/25/08: Check Cashed
11/18/08 : Received Date
11/18/08 : Priority Date
11/25/08 : Notice Date
11/25/08 : I797C NOA Received: Transferred to NBC (365 Days)
12/01/2008: FP Notice
12/12/2008: FP Completed
??: Interview letter
??: Interview Date
??: Oath Letter
??: Oath Date

Let's continue to keep this thread active. Request cooperation from all other folks who come under Dallas DO to update their status for the mutual benefit of all. Thanks.

Received the interview appointment letter yesterday and here is the latest on my timeline

PD: 10/28/08
FP letter: 11/07/08 received
FP completed: 11/08/08 (walk-in)
Interview Letter received: 12/26/08
Interview Time: 02/20/09 at Irving TX