PD 8/29/06
NOA 9/8/06
FP notice 9/8/06
FP 9/21/06
IV letter ?????
Infopass1 1/07 in name check
Infopass2 2/07 still in name check

march 2007
I called USCIS at (800) 375 – 5283 they said that they can send a service request once processing dates pass my PD.

today June 6 I called again to ask for a service request (processing dates now at sept 30,2006) and they said that computers are down, to call back in 4hrs.

Does anyone know if a "service request" is useful? Any other ideas?
thanks
b

Hey Texas93,

It seems you are stuck like many of us in name check.

My timeline:
PD 05/24/2006
FD 06/17/2006
stuck in name check for around 11 month
IL 05/15/2007
ID 06/08/2007

Thanks for sharing the info, Asif2000. I have few questions: Had your wife got indication about whether any of these ceremonies are judicial? Is your wife changing her name during naturalization? If so, what county do you live (I hope it is not too personal) relative to Fort Worth?

My questions are stemming from the following. If someone can shed some light, I'd appreciate.

I am changing my name during naturalization, so I will have to go to judicial ceremony. I am assuming that only the court order from the court of the county I live in (Collin in my case) can change my name. Am I wrong in this assumption? If that is true, then people who change their names will probably have less choice of the ceremonies to attend (limited by geography too in addition to being judicial). In my case does it mean that they will not even consider Fort-Worth ceremony for me?
My interview is on June 8 and I was hoping to get to July ceremony so that I could submit N-600 for my daughter before the July 30 fee hike. But if my assumptions are correct I am more likely to be scheduled for Plano in August (if I am lucky to get OL handed at the end of the interview)... :confused:

Thank you for your comments.

She is not changing the names. Don't know if these ceremonies are judicial or not. We are in Denton county.

My oath was last november in Plano. It was judicial. I live Dallas county. Not sure if any of this information is useful to you

I am in a similar situation

Mailed to TSC.......10/13/2006.....10/13/2006 (wife)
Received Date.......10/16/2006.....10/16/2006
Priority Date.......10/16/2006.....10/16/2006
Money order........N/A.....N/A
FP Notice Date......10/23/2006.....10/23/2006
FP Date.............11/03/2006.....11/03/2006
Interview Letter....XX/XX/XXXX.....12/22/2006
Interview Date......XX/XX/XXXX.....02/22/2007
Oath Letter.........XX/XX/XXXX.....03/20/2007
Oath Date...........XX/XX/XXXX.....04/04/2007
I called up 800 number somehow got to talk to Immigration officer he mentioned that I cleared my background check and was wondering why I was not scheduled for interview. I want to find out if anyone was in same situation

Name change.

We live in Dallas county & my wife is going thro the name change during naturalization. Below are our timetimes.

SELF
PD: 1/23
FP: 2/23
ID: 6/4
OD: 7/16 (Ft.Worth)

SPOUSE (WIFE)
PD: 1/23
FP: 2/23
ID: 6/4
OD: ?

The officer interviewing my wife gave her the oath letter for 7/16 (Ft.Worth)but later called up to disregard the same as she being a Dallas county resident and applied for name change, need to wait for a Dallas county oath ceremony. Hope this helps.

Since they don't have visibility into future dates/schedules of Dallas county oath ceremonies, my wife need to wait for one such ceremony in near future. Do anyone know how often a Dallas county oath ceremony takes place (once a month or once in two months or ...)? Any information from your knowledge or past experience will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Flydog,

Were you changing your name?

No - and I think I'll stick with "Flydog".

My wife's ceremony (she didn't change her name either) was at the Dallas convention center, and it was administrative, rather than judicial.

I thought that there was some agreement that residents in Dallas, Tarrant, Collin and Denton counties could do everything at ceremonies in any of those counties. Maybe not for name changes.

Hello,

Anyone who attended their interview in May called the 1-800-number to check for the oath date (MissMolina or Xanadu, etc.)

Thanks

my timeline (dallas):
01/18/07 - PD
02/16/07 - FP
04/17/07 - Received Interview Notice
06/05/07 - Interview
??/??/?? - Oath

At the interview I was just told that the notice for the Oath ceremony will be mailed to me.

??? no good

my timeline (dallas):
01/18/07 - PD
02/16/07 - FP
04/17/07 - Received Interview Notice
06/05/07 - Interview
??/??/?? - Oath

At the interview I was just told that the notice for the Oath ceremony will be mailed to me.

No standards at all...it seems depending on whose interviewing you...You will get an interview date or will be informed of a date by mail....BAD !!!

Hello,

Anyone who attended their interview in May called the 1-800-number to check for the oath date (MissMolina or Xanadu, etc.)

Thanks

MICRK

I havent called the 800 number yet. My case Status has not 'disappeared' from the USCIS online case status site, so doubt if the 800 number call will help (from what I have read on these forums). Think I'll give it another week and see what happens...... I'll post soon as I get my oath date.

Timeline in Dallas

................................Me................Wife
Mailed to TSC.........05/22/2007.....05/22/2007
Received Date........05/24/2007.....05/24/2007
Priority Date...........05/24/2007.....05/24/2007
Check Cashed.........05/29/2007.....05/29/2007
Receipt Notice Date..06/05/2007.....06/05/2007
FP Notice Date........XX/XX/XXXX.....XX/XX/XXXX
FP Date.................XX/XX/XXXX.....XX/XX/XXXX
Interview Letter......XX/XX/XXXX.....XX/XX/XXXX
Interview Date........XX/XX/XXXX.....XX/XX/XXXX
Oath Letter............XX/XX/XXXX.....XX/XX/XXXX
Oath Date..............XX/XX/XXXX.....XX/XX/XXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath date by letter or on the spot !!!!

I passed my interview April 25th 2007. They told me, that no Oath Ceremony was available at that moment, and I had to wait for an Oath Letter. Next day, someone posted, that was interviewed on same day I was, and got an oath date for June 14th on the spot. I did feel out luck, since we had the interview only few minutes apart. Well, 30 days later, I got my oath letter by mail, and for my surprise was scheduled June 14th. :confused: Same oath day, but my case, I had to wait for the letter.
This is for those who are still waiting for an oath letter. I hope it helps.

My timeline for Dallas:

PD 12/1/06
FP 12/27/06
Interview 4/25/07
Oath 06/14/07

Asif2000,

When you received your IV letter, did your online status disappear? It's been almost 3 months since I had my FP done, but I still haven't received my IV letter. My status is still "received and pending"). I just hope the letter didn't get lost.

Thanks!!

---------------
My timeline
PD 2/14/07
FP 3/16/07
IV letter ?????

dfwikea,

You can always call the uscis, in case a letter was issued they will be able to tell you over the phone.
Your case is still within processing time frame, if no interview date was set yet, they will tell you to wait (processing window is 7 month)
so according to them your time is still looking good.
They are processing sep 30, 2006 for now!

It seems like Dallas is running about 5-7 months between PD and interview date (I don't think FP date really figures into any of the calculations). So, hold tight - everything might still be on track.

Dealing with the USCIS requires a lot of patience.

marconi71/Flydog,

Thanks for your reply! I guess I will just need to be patient. In both of your cases, did you online status disappear around the time you received your IV letter?

dfwikea,

Well in my case, I was scheduled for interview on june 8, but it was cancelled as my file did not reach the Dallas DO, initially I applied thru Nebraska and later on we moved to Dallas. And in the meantime my case was stuck in name check.
To answer your question, NO My status still appears pending although got my letter for an interview that did not take place...So I am waiting for another letter and hope my status will disappear soon indicating my file sent to Dallas.

My case might be the one and only with such complication...am I lucky or what?. We applied together my wife and I back in may 2006, but she was done with everything back in early april 07.

Timeline:
5/24/06 priority date
6/17/06 finger print
3/13/07 interview date for spouse (although she had a previous interview date back in chicago in sep 5/06, she could not attend because of our move, and then it took over 6 month to get her file transfered to Dallas DO)
4/3/07 Oath for spouse

Last edited by a moderator:
My case disappeared right before I got my IV letter. Then, three weeks later they de-scheduled me (my file didn't arrive in time either).

But, the online status seems to be only a rough indicator of reality. Just sit back, relax and check your mailbox each day. Buy some popcorn and enjoy the wait.

Good luck