Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Thank you very much

You have nearly a month of grace time in there. Don't do anything. If the "blessed event" (the birth, not the interview) happens on the same day as the interview, I'm pretty sure that you can send the DO a registered letter or take an Infopass to get your interview rescheduled.

Childbirth can be even less predictable than the USCIS - and I'm pretty sure they understand that.

Flydog,
Thank you for your reply. I have not visited the board for a while and today I saw your post.
Regards,
sailakfan

Thanks flydog for your reply.

Some people may have known these. I just jot a few lines here anyway....

Looking at the issue date of the letter and the date I received letters from Dallas DO. It takes about 10-14 days.

In majority cases, I do believe they schedule our oath based on where we live and that's why our wait time is so vary.

Just be punctual for your FP/Interview schedules. You don't need to get there too early (unless you need to find a direction to get there).

Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,

I have successfully completed my interview last week. It was simple and straight forward. The officer was very friendly. As many of you mentioned in this forum, nothing to be worried about if the case is clean.

Did anybody complete their interview in May got oath for Jun14? or is it closed for the April attendants?

Good luck to you all. Cheers!

MICRK

MICRK,

we are waiting for posts from the 1st week of june interviewees, to see when their oath schedule will be!
My interview is June 8. And I am hoping that there will be separate ceremonies on June 30th & July 4th, as usually the July 4th catches up with the backlog since there will me many more Oath Takers.

Hello all,

I have successfully completed my interview last week. It was simple and straight forward. The officer was very friendly. As many of you mentioned in this forum, nothing to be worried about if the case is clean.

Did anybody complete their interview in May got oath for Jun14? or is it closed for the April attendants?

Good luck to you all. Cheers!

MICRK
Congratulations!!! Goodluck with the oath, I am still waiting, no OL so far in the mail.
Cheers!

It looks like we all back to waiting now. Hope we will know something by next week. I need to travel out of country in the first week of July and getting bit anxious. By reading this forum, it did give some peace of mind knowing that we are not alone in this process.

Thanks to everybody for sharing.

MICRK

A Test Of Patience Y'all

I have to agree with MICRK. It's hard to plan a trip when you have no clue when you're gonna receive that Interview Letter and/or Oath letter. One can only "estimate" approx. processing time and wait and wait and wait.....:(

Anyone in this forum if you receive your Interview Letter in the month of June please post your ACTUAL Interview Date just to help your fellow brothers and sisters who are still waiting in the USC process. Thanks

I'm also planning a trip to Canada in early July while still waiting for my IL . From I've read on this Dallas Timeline thread. Most people have at least ONE MONTH to prepare for the actual interview. But Marconi71 only had 3 weeks or so after he got stuck in name check for 11 months...Another good example of how confusing and messed up this process could be !

As Flydog mentioned that Citizenship process is truly a "test of your patience" Let's ALL take a deep breath and hope for the best . Cheers!!

delays delays and more delays

my husband applied for citizenship in april 2006, FP in may 2006..then apparently they lost the FP or not usable - not sure. Anyways 6 months later, they realise that they've been sitting on his case (while we were tearing out our hair) and asked him to come back for FP. Then interview on April 13th 2007. The system was down or something and he was just told to expect OL in the mail, but nothing yet.

Seems a lot of people who went after him are taking OL on june 6th. Go figure! After an infopass last week, was told that the officer apparently approved his case on may 6th and now it has been sent to another officer for approval. Was wondering if anybody has seen this case of 2 approvals, and know why this is for ? As far as we know, there are no other problems with his case.

apve, I think once the immediate officer approves the case, then the case goes to the supervisor who usually also approves it unless it is a complex legal issue. So hopefully you might be getting good news soon. If I was in your place I would make another infopass appointment and make sure things are on the right path. Good luck!

Did anyone have an interview yesterday June 4th or having today june 5th??
Wanted to know if any Oath Date was given for the 1st week of june interviewees?

5/24/06: priority date
6/17/06: FP
6/08/07: Interview date

My wife's Interview Experience on June 5ht - OL handed out

Great experience... She had her appointment at 8:25. She arrived there little after 8:00 and was called in at 8:30 AM. The guy was friendly and professional. He asked all the usual questions, about the trip outside the U.S after applying for citizenship, any traffic violation, etc. The civil questions were very simple too. (first president, stripes colors and what do they represent and something about Patrick Henry.) He then had her sign the photos and the application and then congratulated her. He asked whether she would like to attend the ceremony in August (Plano) or in July (Fort Worth). She opted for the one in July and was handed out OL for 7/16. The whole thing took less then 15 minutes. She was out by 8:45.

I called up 800 number somehow got to talk to Immigration officer he mentioned that I cleared my background check and was wondering why I was not scheduled for interview. I want to find out if any person has experienced this before and how they got it resolved

Great experience... She had her appointment at 8:25. She arrived there little after 8:00 and was called in at 8:30 AM. The guy was friendly and professional. He asked all the usual questions, about the trip outside the U.S after applying for citizenship, any traffic violation, etc. The civil questions were very simple too. (first president, stripes colors and what do they represent and something about Patrick Henry.) He then had her sign the photos and the application and then congratulated her. He asked whether she would like to attend the ceremony in August (Plano) or in July (Fort Worth). She opted for the one in July and was handed out OL for 7/16. The whole thing took less then 15 minutes. She was out by 8:45.
Congratulations to you wife!!
So much for all the hype about a july 4th mass oath. Atleast this gives us an idea when are the next oath dates.
Cheers!

Asif2000

Tnx very much for the update. As well I ask?? what about jluy 4th, no OATH or what??
Did anyone got scheduled for independence day for their OATH taking??

It is over 40 days wait for your wife. Too long !!

Asif2000

Tnx very much for the update. As well I ask?? what about jluy 4th, no OATH or what??
Did anyone got scheduled for independence day for their OATH taking??

It is over 40 days wait for your wife. Too long !!

She never asked him about the July 4th. We didn't even know that there was one being held on July 4th. She didn't care much about the date to be honest. Who cares about a week or two here and there.

There's just about always an oath someone around July 4th. I think the June 30th one counts as July 4th this year

my husband applied for citizenship in april 2006, FP in may 2006..then apparently they lost the FP or not usable - not sure. Anyways 6 months later, they realise that they've been sitting on his case (while we were tearing out our hair) and asked him to come back for FP. Then interview on April 13th 2007. The system was down or something and he was just told to expect OL in the mail, but nothing yet.

Seems a lot of people who went after him are taking OL on june 6th. Go figure! After an infopass last week, was told that the officer apparently approved his case on may 6th and now it has been sent to another officer for approval. Was wondering if anybody has seen this case of 2 approvals, and know why this is for ? As far as we know, there are no other problems with his case.
Even when you get an oath letter on the spot, the IO leaves the room for a while and then comes back (a bit like the car salesman leaving the room to talk to his boss). I believe that the approval is usually a two step process. Give them a month or so (it takes them that long to decide about whether to go to Burger King or Schlottskis for lunch) and then schedule another info pass if you haven't heard.

Good luck

N-400 Case Status Disappeared

I am waiting on my Interview Letter for N-400. My file is in the interview queue for Dallas.

My case status has now disappeared from the USCIS website. Actually I am getting the following message on the site.

Is this the message everyone gets when the interview letter is kicked out by the system?

>>>>
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* The status for this Receipt Number is incomplete at this time in this automated system and can not be displayed. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

To view the status of a case, please enter the corresponding application receipt number. The 13-character application receipt number can be found on application notices you have received from the USCIS. It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC). Dashes ("-") should be omitted when entering a receipt number. However, all other characters, including asterisks ("*"), can be included if listed on your notice as part of the receipt number. See the FAQs for additional information on this system.

Is this the message everyone gets when the interview letter is kicked out by the system?

Some people get this message (my spouse and myself did). IL usually comes in mail 2-5 days after that. Some people never get the status to disappear and still get the IL.

...He asked whether she would like to attend the ceremony in August (Plano) or in July (Fort Worth)...

Thanks for sharing the info, Asif2000. I have few questions: Had your wife got indication about whether any of these ceremonies are judicial? Is your wife changing her name during naturalization? If so, what county do you live (I hope it is not too personal) relative to Fort Worth?

My questions are stemming from the following. If someone can shed some light, I'd appreciate.

I am changing my name during naturalization, so I will have to go to judicial ceremony. I am assuming that only the court order from the court of the county I live in (Collin in my case) can change my name. Am I wrong in this assumption? If that is true, then people who change their names will probably have less choice of the ceremonies to attend (limited by geography too in addition to being judicial). In my case does it mean that they will not even consider Fort-Worth ceremony for me?
My interview is on June 8 and I was hoping to get to July ceremony so that I could submit N-600 for my daughter before the July 30 fee hike. But if my assumptions are correct I am more likely to be scheduled for Plano in August (if I am lucky to get OL handed at the end of the interview)... :confused:

Thank you for your comments.