Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

What does it say on the notice. Ours (the ASC on Northwest highway near Love field) said something like: "If you can't make this appointment, send this form back to us with an explanation of why you can't make it and a better date."

We renewed my daughter's GC mid-way through our processing. She couldn't make her GC FP appointment (she had an exam that day), so we followed the procedure. Within a week we got a rescheduled appointment that matched the first choice we put down (we gave several date ranges).

Good luck.

My FP notice only provides options to pick either Wednesday or a Saturday afternoon. Looks like they have these slots reserved for reschedule cases. I'm concern that since I'll be out for a month, I might miss the reschedule as well.

Thanks much for the response.

Yeah, ours said something like that, too. We said something like "any time between XXX and YYY or after ZZZ" (where each of those were dates). It's in their interest to do this right the first time.

I got the FP notice with a date of 6/5/07. I tried to walk in today but was refused asking to reschedule. I'll be out for a month travelling international starting 5/30/07. Any suggestions? Should I go and request again? I already took my air tickets, etc related to travel.
Thanks

PD 5/7/07
FP notice recvd 5/23/07
FP date 6/5/07

Our early walk-in to the same ASC worked only on second attempt. On a first attempt they refused but suggested to still try to come for early walk-in first thing in the morning on either Wednesday or Saturday. When we came on Saturday they (at least appeared as if) did not even look at the date and let us have our FPs (still about a week before our FP appointment).

Also they were saying something like if you have to miss the appointment don't reschedule - we will accept late walk-ins either up to 90 (or 30) days past the appointment day. I think they said 90 but my memory is getting fuzzy there. Be warned though - don't take it as a sure 100% advice (as with anything you read on the Net) - decide for yourself.

I and my wife completed our final step today. The oath Ceremony at the Plano civic Center. There were about 750 who became citizens today from 46countries. It was a judicial ceremony and was very well organized.

Now have to apply for Passport. Anyone with experience applying for passport thru A-Rush from Dallas please respond.

Ravi:)

My wife also became citizens on May 22 and we are travelling out of the country end of this month. Originally, we selected and confirmed with a service agent to apply the passport for us. After we mailed the info to them via Fedex and reconfrimed the status, they said that they could not make it and deny that they did nothing wrong. We immediately went back to Fedex to get back the package, talked to A Rush passport service, confirmed that they can do it 100% on thier part after checking the availablity of empty slot within one hour (they have no control on the Fedex and Passport Agency), went back to post office to replace the authorized letter and rezealed the envelope again, went back to Fedex and mailed it to them at Philadephia via Priority overnight. When everything has done, it was almost 5pm and it was a long date to us.

We use aRush servive, total charge is about $95 (service charge) + 2 x $23 (overnight priority)

If we use the original service agent, the total charge is
$145 (service charge) + $53 (overnight before 8am) + $23 (overnight priority)

Endup, we saved about $80.

My wife received her passport this morning and we have peace in our mind and longing for our vacation.

I highly recommended A Rush Passport Service and the save us a lot of trouble.

Received Oath Letter

Oath date on 06/14 at Dallas Convention Center.

I know a lot of people apply passport right after Oath Ceremony. I am just wondering if they have a photocopier there to let us to keep a photocopy before sending out the original Natz cert for passport application.

And where did you park your car? How long did it take for the whole ceremony?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's was at the Dallas convention center. We parked in the convention center parking - 10 or 15 dollars (maybe less). It took about 3 hours (the ceremony takes about 25 minutes, but you wait *a lot*.

I think there is a business center in the lobby. I don't remember if it was open. But, you are downtown. Find a post office and apply for your passport from there. We did one of ours in the neighborhood post office on the way home, the other at the DFW post office (it's open later).

Timeline in Dallas UPDATE

RD 12/1/06
FP 12/27/06
IV 4/25/07
Oath Letter 05/22/07
Oath Ceremony 06/14/07

FINALY!!!!

Questions regarding oath

Flydog,
My wife has her oath on June 14th at the Dallas Convention Center. Can you please help me with the following questions?
1) Do they allow her to take a guest with her to the ceremony?
2) Will they allow us to take a digital camera and camcorder to the ceremony and shoot the oath being taken?
3) Is the oath taken individually by each person or is it taken at once by the whole group?
4) Do they sell any memorabilia there to remember the event with?
5) Any dress etiquette for the oath? Do most people come dressed casually, semi-formally, or formally?
Thanks for the suggestions.

My wife's was at the Dallas convention center. We parked in the convention center parking - 10 or 15 dollars (maybe less). It took about 3 hours (the ceremony takes about 25 minutes, but you wait *a lot*.

Flydog,
My wife has her oath on June 14th at the Dallas Convention Center. Can you please help me with the following questions?
2) Will they allow us to take a digital camera and camcorder to the ceremony and shoot the oath being taken?
3) Is the oath taken individually by each person or is it taken at once by the whole group?
5) Any dress etiquette for the oath? Do most people come dressed casually, semi-formally, or formally?

I had my oath ceremony at Garland about 2 months ago.
1. I am not sure, since I did not have a guest.
2. Yes, they do allow digital camera/camcorder, cell phones.
3. As a group.
4. Not that I know of, but there are stalls promoting stuff.
5. Most people were dressed in semi formal manner.

Also see my earlier post (as well as others) around April 4 with regard to the oath ceremony.

Hope this helps.

Flydog,
  1. Yes, though the guests sit at the back
  2. Yes, but you probaby won't get any good pictures during the ceremony. Before and after, yes, during, no
  3. As a group, all the applicants stand up and repeat the oath after the ceremony leader says it (phrase by phrase)
  4. No, not that I noticed. They give everyone a 99 cent little flag
  5. My wife and I both dressed slightly nicer than I do to go to the office (i.e., the high end of business casual)

finally

I finally recieved my Oath letter on thursday May 25, my Oath date is June 14, all this waiting, but finally..........:)

Applied 10/23/06
FP 11/27/06
Interview02/26/07
Oath 06/14/07

Thanks

Thanks for the info Rama Bashyam and Flydog.

1. I am not sure, since I did not have a guest.
2. Yes, they do allow digital camera/camcorder, cell phones.
3. As a group.
4. Not that I know of, but there are stalls promoting stuff.
5. Most people were dressed in semi formal manner.

1. Yes, though the guests sit at the back
  2. Yes, but you probaby won't get any good pictures during the ceremony. Before and after, yes, during, no
  3. As a group, all the applicants stand up and repeat the oath after the ceremony leader says it (phrase by phrase)
  4. No, not that I noticed. They give everyone a 99 cent little flag
  5. My wife and I both dressed slightly nicer than I do to go to the office (i.e., the high end of business casual)

My case disapeared on May 21st and I still haven't received my interview letter. Should I be concerened? Please let me know.

I have been reading posts in this forum for a long time and found it very helpful. Lots of thanks to Flydog, Johnnycash and many other insightful inputs to help people go through this long ,sometimes agonizing USC process.

My question is : Did most people here apply AFTER 5 years of GC or Before ( meaning 5 years minus 90 days) ??

Here is my timeline

TSC (Dallas DO) Mailed my application on 09/18/2006 (90 days prior to GC 5th anniversary) accepted by USCIS Receipt Notice Date 09/26/2006

PD 09/20/2006
FD 10/12/2006
IL ??/??/????
ID xx/xx/xxxx
Oath Date xx/xx/xxxx

Still waiting for my turn ...

Hey Texas93,

It seems you are stuck like many of us in name check.

My timeline:
PD 05/24/2006
FD 06/17/2006
stuck in name check for around 11 month
IL 05/15/2007 (ERROR BY DALLAS DO, my file is still in Nebraska, we applied in chicago initially)
ID 06/08/2007 (NO INTERVIEW DATE, I might be still stuck in name check as no-one tells me my file is still pending or not!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Asif,

In my opinion you should call the USCIS 800 # and clarify whether an interview letter was issued... they will be able to tell you when it was mailed and your interview date.
Do not wait too long as in case you were scheduled for interview, you might miss the date waiting for the letter....They should be able to re-issue a letter, in case the interview date is too close, you might need to do an infopass and they will print an interview letter for you.

Good luck