Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

I had written to Sen Cornyn and Sen Hutchison. Hutchison didnt respond. Cornyn did, saying that there is nothing could be done.

I contacted Sen. Hutchison and her office was responsible for me finally (after a year) getting an interview. I didn't "write her a letter". Instead, I went to her "casework" site (http://www.hutchison.senate.gov/casework.htm).

Then, instead of sending the authorization form and a description of my problem to the Austin address on the web page, I contacted her local (Dallas) office and asked to speak to the Immigration expert. I sent her (the Dallas immigration aid) the forms and she intervened on my behalf.

Of course, that all said, I did not have a name check issue (the USCIS had descheduled my interview and I was in the "put off until later pile"). As I understand it, there isn't much a legislator can do about Name Check.

in the same boat

How do you explain this.... I was interviewed on 4/25, they told me no ceremony was available at that time, okay. This person was interviewed 5/9 and get an oath ceremony schedule same day, while I'm still waiting, and check this thread, there is several people still waiting for oath date as well. NO STANDARDS!!! Pure Luck!!!! Priority date, not always works.

We are in the same boat here, only that i had my interview on February 26, at my interview i was told that there were no oath dates at that time, so after that i have been calling and i went in for an info pass last month, i spoke with an officer yesterday from 800 # and i was told that my name is in a que for oath date so lets see.

applied ..... 10/23/06
priority......10/26/06
FP...........11/23/06
cleared......11/24/06
interview.....02/26/07 passed
oath ................clueless

Case Update

All,
I just want to keep you posted with my case details.
Today (5/11/07), I recieved my Interview Letter scheduled for 6/19/07 in the Dallas DO.

All the best to everyone stuck in Name Check.

All,
I just want to keep you posted with my case details.
Today (5/11/07), I recieved my Interview Letter scheduled for 6/19/07 in the Dallas DO.

All the best to everyone stuck in Name Check.

congradulations!!

Can you share your FOIPA format. This will help others

MissMolina

The envelope had the TSC name and address, so assume it came from the TSC. Have you heard anything if it should come from the Dallas DO? The interview is in the USINS office on North Stemmons.

Just checked my case status online and it still says pending.. no idea if it means anything or the update is still late.....

Looking at your timelines, you should be getting your interview letter in the next week or so if you havent gotten it alraady.

Good luck...

Another step forward...
Xanadu, You had your interview today, how did it go?
Did you get an oath letter at the end of the interview? If so, for which date?
Cheers!

MissMolina

The envelope had the TSC name and address, so assume it came from the TSC. Have you heard anything if it should come from the Dallas DO? The interview is in the USINS office on North Stemmons.

Just checked my case status online and it still says pending.. no idea if it means anything or the update is still late.....

Looking at your timelines, you should be getting your interview letter in the next week or so if you havent gotten it alraady.

Good luck...

Another step forward...
Cheers!

Cheers!

MissMolina -

Did have the interview today.

First the good. Interview lasted 10 minutes or so. The officer had me take an oath (telling the truth...), then wanted to see my passport, drivers license, green card. Went over my application and asked me a few questions verifying what I had entered in the application. Did not check or ask for any other documents. Had me sign the application and the Naturalization certificate information. I spoke and wrote a sentence. One note: I had the old style photographs, she asked me to go ahead and take new ones right after the interview (full face not at an angle) and submit them to her, which I did.

The bad news. She said I had another A# file they were unable to locate until just before the interview, but that they had just located in their 'holding center'. She said she had requested the file and it would take 2 weeks for it to arrive, she was going to hold my current file with her and consolidate when my other file arrived. She said that she could not approve my case until the files are consolidated and told me it would be 2 weeks or so and that she would try to get me into the June 14 oath ceremony and if not in the next one which she said was a few weeks later. She was very nice and confirmed my phone number and said that she would call if any issues or delays occur. Whether she will or not is another matter, but at least it was a good experience

The sad part is she (from what I read) one of the few officers to have the authority to approve and print the oath letter.....

So now I wait.......

My wife also had her interview today and her officer gave her the letter saying she had been recommended for approval and that she should wait for the oath letter by mail.

So it appears that some officers can give you the oath letters (supervisors?) and others cant as someone above them have to approve the case.

So now I wait and hope ...

Good luck in your interview. Appears that June 14 slots are still available....

Duplicate A#

Xanadu,
Don't worry too much about this, for one reason you can't do much about it. At least in your case they have located the file. In my case they said they found a duplicate but do not know where it is. It took exactly 4 weeks from date of interview to get the oath letter for 05/22 in my case.

My wife who had interview the same day (20 mins apart) got her oath letter when she walked out. Imagine the rubbing I had to take....

info pass

I have an info pass tommorow, i called the 800# and i was told that my case has been appoved and everthing seems fine and i am now on a Que for an oath date. I want to definately hear this from an officer in person and i will also ask them if it was possible to request an oath date on june 14........wish me luck.

applied ..... 10/23/06
priority......10/26/06
FP...........11/23/06
cleared......11/24/06
oath ................clueless

Xanadu,
Don't worry too much about this, for one reason you can't do much about it. At least in your case they have located the file. In my case they said they found a duplicate but do not know where it is. It took exactly 4 weeks from date of interview to get the oath letter for 05/22 in my case.

My wife who had interview the same day (20 mins apart) got her oath letter when she walked out. Imagine the rubbing I had to take....

Ravi -

Thanks. I hope its not too long either, but as you say, its not in my hands.

finally

Ravi -

Thanks. I hope its not too long either, but as you say, its not in my hands.

I took an info pass yesterday the officer told me that my oath date is june 14 i hav'nt recieved the oath letter yet, but she said that i should recieve it by next week, if not i should take another info pass and they will print it out for me.

Finally

applied ..... 10/23/06
priority......10/26/06
FP...........11/23/06
cleared......11/24/06
oath ................06/14/07 waiting to get the letter

Got my IL today, it will be on May 21st. :D
It would be a miracle if I can get into the May 22nd OATH :rolleyes:

By the way, my online status is still : Pending at TSC.
Cheers!

Hi MM,

Good Luck with your interview tomorrow. Let us know how it goes!
Cheers!

MICRK :)

I need to understand on what do you need to do in case you miss the FP notice. I have received the I797 but not the FP notice. I plan to travel international for a month starting end of this month. I need to make sure that I can get my FP done by walk in (b4 end of this month) but that can only happen if I receive the FP notice. Is there any other way?

N400 mailed 5/3/07
PD 5/7/07
I797 recvd 5/18/07
FP notice still waiting

Hi MM,

Good Luck with your interview tomorrow. Let us know how it goes!
Cheers!

MICRK :)
Thanks MICRK! Yes, my interview went fine today. It lasted for about 10mins. I was interviewed by a IO called Stewart, he was nice and professional.
Went thru the regular stuff, review the n-400 application, 5-6 civic questions, read 1 line and write 1 line. Then had to sign in a few places, also the photos, had to write my name (there was a sample on his table which showed how to write).
Then he congratulated me and give me the approval notice and said I should get the oath letter in the next few months. He also mentioned all sercurity checks are complete. When I inquired about the june 14th oath, he mentioned his system is closed for that oath date and he cannot schedule me at that time.
I guess, its back to waiting now!
Goodluck to you all waiting for your interviews and oaths.
Cheers!

Congratulations MissMolina

Congratulations MissMolina.

I was interviwed by same IO, on April 25th 2007, he was very professional and courteous.
I'm still waiting for the Oath Letter/Date.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
interview date

My spouse got IL in mail today (2 days after status disappeared) for Jun 29 interview.

Hey Asitel,

I have the same interview date 06/08/07
My case was pending for a while as I was stuck in name check..
here is my timeline:
- 05/24/06 prority date
- 06/17/06 FP

- 05/07/07 received interview letter
- 06/08/07 interview date
- ??/??/?? oath date

I did not go for interview because it seems that anyone applying for N400 after May 2006 did not go for interview untill name check cleared. I hope it is still the case and I will get an Oath Date at the end of my interview.

Good luck to me and all of you stuck in name check.

One concern though??

My status online still shows case pending although I got my interview date letter?? should I be concerned?

Thanks

Hey Asitel,

I have the same interview date 06/08/07
My case was pending for a while as I was stuck in name check..
here is my timeline:
- 05/24/06 prority date
- 06/17/06 FP

- 05/07/07 received interview letter
- 06/08/07 interview date
- ??/??/?? oath date

I did not go for interview because it seems that anyone applying for N400 after May 2006 did not go for interview untill name check cleared. I hope it is still the case and I will get an Oath Date at the end of my interview.

Good luck to me and all of you stuck in name check.