Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

No. The case status site is mostly there to confuse people. If your case goes away it often (but not always) means your interview is being scheduled. However, it doesn't always go away - some people report that it is still there after their oath.

No. The case status site is mostly there to confuse people. If your case goes away it often (but not always) means your interview is being scheduled. However, it doesn't always go away - some people report that it is still there after their oath.

Thanks very much for your reply.

Hopefully I will have my oath date at the end of the interview and close this long chapter in my life.

Flydog,
Can you please help me over here?
Thanks

I need to understand on what do you need to do in case you miss the FP notice. I have received the I797 but not the FP notice. I plan to travel international for a month starting end of this month. I need to make sure that I can get my FP done by walk in (b4 end of this month) but that can only happen if I receive the FP notice. Is there any other way?

N400 mailed 5/3/07
PD 5/7/07
I797 recvd 5/18/07
FP notice still waiting

Flydog,
Can you please help me over here?
Thanks
You cannot get FP'ed without a FP notice letter.
If you do not receive your FP before you leave for your vacation, you can always do your FP when you come back (only if you get your FP notice by the time you come back). I think late walkin's for FP are fine as far as I know.
Goodluck!

One concern though??

My status online still shows case pending although I got my interview date letter?? should I be concerned?

Thanks

Once you get interview letter the online case status becomes irrelevant (whether it goes away or not). But if it disappears while you still don't have your IL - then it may be an indication that IL is coming soon.

Oath Completed !!

I and my wife completed our final step today. The oath Ceremony at the Plano civic Center. There were about 750 who became citizens today from 46countries. It was a judicial ceremony and was very well organized.

Now have to apply for Passport. Anyone with experience applying for passport thru A-Rush from Dallas please respond.

Ravi:)

Now have to apply for Passport. Anyone with experience applying for passport thru A-Rush from Dallas please respond.

How much of a hurry are you in? What do they charge? I've had good experience with just plain expedited service through a post office (though my last experience was about 6 months ago, before the recent delays).

If you are traveling in the next couple or 6 weeks, then you can also make an appointment at the Houston passport agency - if you don't mind missing a day of work and driving all day to Houston and back :)

is there a website or link that would display the date of future OATH DATES in the Dallas area.
We started our N-400 in Chicago IL, then transfered our file to the DALLAS DO. Back in Chicago there was a website that showed the dates and I remember that they had at least 2 oath ceremonies a week...we are not that lucky here!!

Here, they seem to go a couple of oath-less months and then have a spurt. I think there are two scheduled in June, including one at the end of the month. The "big July 4th" ceremony usually drains the applicant pool down and then there's no ceremonies for a while (well, it did last year, and I think I went back through the archives (last year) and it looked like it did the same thing the year before).

No one has ever found a Dallas Oath ceremony web site. Some folks look at the web sites for the usually locations (the Dallas convention center, the Plano convention center, some place in Arlington, etc) to see if they have any USCIS ceremonies on their schedules.

I'm still waiting for my oath letter. Here's the oath dates that I know of:
June 14th 2007 Dallas convention Center
June 30th 2007 Garland Special Center Event
July 4th 2007

July 4th 2007
RoyTX, Are you sure there is a ceremony on 4th of July? Or are you guessing?

There's always a big ceremony every year on the 4th of July ... Now think about it, this is the US Independance day ... there's a big media event out of it and it's great timing ...

Yes, but it's often on the day or two before. I'm willing to guess that the June 30th ceremony counts as the July 4th ceremony this year.

Yes, but it's often on the day or two before. I'm willing to guess that the June 30th ceremony counts as the July 4th ceremony this year.

I hope it is not the case...I might have a big chance going for the july 4th Oath as my interview date is june 8.

My wife who had her interview back in April, 07 at the Dallas DO got her oath date and letter directly at the end of her interview for 3 1/2 weeks later. We applied together on May 24, 06 back in Chicago and she got her interview date for sep 5, 06, and I was stuck in name check. But we had to move from chicago down to Dallas, that was why she got delayed, it took 3 month to transfer her file from chicago DO, my case was still stuck in Nebraska that time.

Can we change the interview date?

Hello everybody,
I am expecting my second child on July 19th. I received my interview date letter for June 24th. In case if I am unable to attend the interview, what is the procedure to change the interview date? Thank you in advance.
sailakfan

You have nearly a month of grace time in there. Don't do anything. If the "blessed event" (the birth, not the interview) happens on the same day as the interview, I'm pretty sure that you can send the DO a registered letter or take an Infopass to get your interview rescheduled.

Childbirth can be even less predictable than the USCIS - and I'm pretty sure they understand that.

July 4th 2007

Hello Everyone:
Please post your updates on Oath Letters.
Haven't seen any new Oath Letter receipt posts lately.
Hope fully June 30th/July 4th ceremony clear out the current backlog in Dallas Field office.

-----------------
PD 11/29/06
ID 04/25/07
waiting eagerly.....

I got the FP notice with a date of 6/5/07. I tried to walk in today but was refused asking to reschedule. I'll be out for a month travelling international starting 5/30/07. Any suggestions? Should I go and request again? I already took my air tickets, etc related to travel.
Thanks

PD 5/7/07
FP notice recvd 5/23/07
FP date 6/5/07