Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Appreciate if you guys can help me understand the current lead time in Dallas from the day N-400 is mailed to:
1. Receiving FP notice
2. Actual FP date

Go through the last couple of months on this thread and read people's timelines.

Flydog,
I do not see FP timeline for last two months.
Anyone who went thru FP in last two moths? What was the lead time?
Thanks

Oath Letter Received

Received my oath letter for 05/22 At 9:00 AM.

During my interview on 3/26, I was told that there were multiple files for me and they needed to consolidate. Well, I received the letter on 4/25.

hee haah:rolleyes:

My PD for N-400 in Dallas County is Sept 13, 2006. I completed Finger Printing in Oct 2006 and have not got Interview Letter yet.

Anyone in the same time frame from Dallas County who has / has not got Interview Letter / Dates ? Will appreciate feedback.

Also my case status on the USCIS site shows the following. What does the "This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location." mean ?

On September 13, 2006, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I'll let others answer about whether mid September PDs should be getting interview letters now. It seems to me that your case is getting a little long in the tooth - often meaning that your application is stuck in name check.

When you applied, you sent your application to the Texas Service Center in Mesquite. That "service center" processes applications from most of the South. It schedules your fingerprint appointment and orders all of the various security (and other) checks. Once all the results come in, it sends your file to the local USCIS office (likely the one at Empire Central and Stemmons if you live in Dallas Country). Together, the local office and the service center schedules the interview.

One interesting note... Once your case stops being at the service center, the central USCIS system no longer can see your case. This normally results in your case disappearing from the web site. Of course, this being the USCIS, nothing is really that consistent - some folks have had months between seeing their case disappear and an interview. Others have had their case up on the site on the day of their oath.

Good luck

I had my interview on April 25th. They said, no oath ceremony date was available at the moment, and I have to wait up to 90 days for a letter. But she told me it wouldn’t take that long.

Well, I just start waiting again, as we do during the process. :)

RD 12/1/06
FP 12/27/06
IV 4/25/07
Oath ??/??/??

Interesting! We have identical dates. I am wondering how they determine to give oath letter or not. Just curious, did you answer all your quesitons right?

Good luck to you. We may end up going to the same oath ceremony, you never know :)

Received my oath letter for 05/22 At 9:00 AM.

During my interview on 3/26, I was told that there were multiple files for me and they needed to consolidate. Well, I received the letter on 4/25.

hee haah:rolleyes:

RAVI400,
You and I almost have same dates. Where do you live? (not sure if they schedule by city/area) I still haven't received mine today. I didn't ask IO during interview what was holding up my case....Hopefully my OL is coming this week.

Evergreen

Last edited by a moderator:
Fingerprints - Have to do them again.

I did my fingerprinting 6 months ago. Yesterday I get a letter from USCIS that FBI could not clear my prints and so they have given me an appointment to fingerprint me again on May 22nd.

Totally frustrating.

Does anyone know, if this means I have to wait another 6 months to get the Interview Letter or if the prints go fine this time, they will clear them in a few weeks ?

My PD is 9/13/2006. Got FP first time Oct 6, 2006. No IV letter yet.

My PD for N-400 in Dallas County is Sept 13, 2006. I completed Finger Printing in Oct 2006 and have not got Interview Letter yet.

Anyone in the same time frame from Dallas County who has / has not got Interview Letter / Dates ? Will appreciate feedback.

Also my case status on the USCIS site shows the following. What does the "This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location." mean ?

On September 13, 2006, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

My understanding (purely the result of monitoring this list) is that FP processing is pretty much asynchronous. All the other checks have been going on in parallel with your FP processing. What probably happened is that your name came up now that you are N months from your priority date, someone looked in your file and said "oh, this guy's FPs didn't work".

So, they order a new set. Apparently FPs normally clear or not clear in a day or two.

So, once your new FPs gets processed, you should be good to go.

That's the good news. The bad news is that this might have pushed you off the fast track into the netherlands of USCIS processing.

So, you might just continue on with a 1 month delay, or, life might get, um, interesting.

FP had cleared on the same day...

Thanks a lot Flydog. I really appreciate your response.

I called the FBI today and they said that they got my FPs on Oct 5, 2006. And they sent back a response to USCIS on the same day that the prints are unusable.

So I guess USCIS sat on it for 6 months and then kicks this letter out for re finger printing.

Talk of parallel processing !!

My understanding (purely the result of monitoring this list) is that FP processing is pretty much asynchronous. All the other checks have been going on in parallel with your FP processing. What probably happened is that your name came up now that you are N months from your priority date, someone looked in your file and said "oh, this guy's FPs didn't work".

So, they order a new set. Apparently FPs normally clear or not clear in a day or two.

So, once your new FPs gets processed, you should be good to go.

That's the good news. The bad news is that this might have pushed you off the fast track into the netherlands of USCIS processing.

So, you might just continue on with a 1 month delay, or, life might get, um, interesting.

Oath Dates

RAVI400,
You and I almost have same dates. Where do you live? (not sure if they schedule by city/area) I still haven't received mine today. I didn't ask IO during interview what was holding up my case....Hopefully my OL is coming this week.

Evergreen

Live in Plano (North East).

Waiting

I took an info pass on 04/19/07 and an officer told me that my case was approved but it was going through additional FBI check, then i called the 800 # and i was told the same thing, i dont know why there is so many people that got their interviews after i did and they already got an oath letter or even did their oath already.This process is so confusing because i thought they do a FBI background check before you got an interview.

Mailed .........10/23/06
Fingerprint.....11/27/06
Interview........02/26/07 Approved
Oath ..............Clueless

Waiting

I took an info pass on 04/19/07 and an officer told me that my case was approved but it was going through additional FBI check, then i called the 800 # and i was told the same thing, i dont know why there is so many people that got their interviews after i did and they already got an oath letter or even did their oath already.This process is so confusing because i thought they do a FBI background check before you got an interview.

Mailed .........10/23/06
Fingerprint.....11/27/06
Interview........02/26/07 Approved
Oath ..............Clueless

Onece TSC sends FP notice, are they going to update USCIS page ?

Based on what I read on this forum - no. (I mean, that if you had USCIS page saying that your status is pending they will not change it to something different once they've sent the FP notice).

Last edited by a moderator:
APRIL 25th 2007 - Interview

Interesting! We have identical dates. I am wondering how they determine to give oath letter or not. Just curious, did you answer all your quesitons right?

Good luck to you. We may end up going to the same oath ceremony, you never know :)

I guess you're lucky. As you can see, many people that got their interview even before you and I did, are still waiting for an Oath Ceremony date.
My interview was at 9:35am, maybe you were there earlier and you got the last seat. :confused: Hehehehe...
Yes, I got all answers correct. Interview was a quick 10min or less.
I'll post my oath date as soon as I'm notified.

After receiving PD letter how long dose it take to get FP notice?

The best way to figure this out is to read other people's "timeline" posts.

It's somewhere in the 1 week to 1 month time frame. Mine was 10 days. Here's my timeline from last year: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1555773&postcount=504

Don't get hung up if you are waiting a few extra days or a few extra weeks. Waits for the USCIS need to be though of in months and years, not days and weeks.

Relax, don't get hyper waiting, just check your mailbox each day.

Timelines

Here are my timelines. Thanks to all for sharing the information.

Spouse
PD 03/07/07
ND 03/19/07
FP 04/12/07
ID ??/??/??

Self
PD 03/07/07
ND 03/21/07
FP 04/14/07
ID ??/??/??

How does one find out if it has cleared fingerprinting.