Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Did you speak to an 800-number officer or an officer at the Dallas DO? The 800 number folks don't really see what is going on at the DO.

I spoke to an officer at the 800 # , but do you know any other oath ceremony date in april and may

People who applied in 11/06 and 12/06!

DFW n400 appliers,
Any of you who applied in novermber or december of 2006, get interview letters?
I know one of my collegues niece who applied in november, got her IL in jan and will appear for interview next week.

Cheers!

Oath letter shows up!

Just as I was losing hope, my oath letter showed up in the mail today for the 4/4 oath ceremony in Garland at 12 PM. :D
The letter is dated March 21st, 2007 and was mailed March 23rd, 2007.
All those people waiting - WaitingForC, afm and others - there still may be hope for the 4/4 or 4/10 ceremonies. Good luck!

PD: July 31st 2006
FP: Aug 23rd 2006
IL received: Nov 29th 2006
IV: Jan 17th 2007 (rescheduled due to bad weather)
2nd IV on: March 5th 2007 (passed)
Oath: April 4th, 2007

Just as I was losing hope, my oath letter showed up in the mail today for the 4/4 oath ceremony in Garland at 12 PM. :D
The letter is dated March 21st, 2007 and was mailed March 23rd, 2007.
All those people waiting - WaitingForC, afm and others - there still may be hope for the 4/4 or 4/10 ceremonies. Good luck!

PD: July 31st 2006
FP: Aug 23rd 2006
IL received: Nov 29th 2006
IV: Jan 17th 2007 (rescheduled due to bad weather)
2nd IV on: March 5th 2007 (passed)
Oath: April 4th, 2007

JimBean - Congratulations!!

Since we're all out of the TSC, I'm curious to see if you ran into this situation where the 800# folks told you (much after your interview) that you are still pending FBI security checks....... that's what they are telling me now even after I was "recommended for approval" at the int. ("Congratulations!" ceck box checked): http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1634917&postcount=12

i was told the same thing from the 800# people that my case is going through additional check:confused:so lets see what happens now

DFW n400 appliers,
Any of you who applied in novermber or december of 2006, get interview letters?
I know one of my collegues niece who applied in november, got her IL in jan and will appear for interview next week.

Cheers!

MissMolina

I got my interview letter today. Timelines:

TSC
PD: 12/19/2006
FP: 01/16/2007
Interview letter received: 03/24/2007
ID: 05/15/2007

Interesting - my case has not disappeared from the USCIS site (as folks have indicated theirs has). Also - The notice says: request for applicant to appaear for naturalization INITIAL interview.

Does anyone know if the INITIAL interview wording is standard??

MissMolina

I got my interview letter today. Timelines:

TSC
PD: 12/19/2006
FP: 01/16/2007
Interview letter received: 03/24/2007
ID: 05/15/2007

Interesting - my case has not disappeared from the USCIS site (as folks have indicated theirs has). Also - The notice says: request for applicant to appaear for naturalization INITIAL interview.

Does anyone know if the INITIAL interview wording is standard??

Congrats Xanadu!
The initial interview thing is a standard format uscis uses, everyone gets the same wording.
Was the letter mailed from the Dallas DO or TSC?
Cheers!

In my case, the 800# guy bluntly told me that he had no clue about my case and I should get an Infopass appointment if I wanted to get any information. He re-iterated that N-400 is handled by the local office.

JimBean - Congratulations!!

Since we're all out of the TSC, I'm curious to see if you ran into this situation where the 800# folks told you (much after your interview) that you are still pending FBI security checks....... that's what they are telling me now even after I was "recommended for approval" at the int. ("Congratulations!" ceck box checked): http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1634917&postcount=12

Congrats Xanadu!
The initial interview thing is a standard format uscis uses, everyone gets the same wording.
Was the letter mailed from the Dallas DO or TSC?
Cheers!

MissMolina

The envelope had the TSC name and address, so assume it came from the TSC. Have you heard anything if it should come from the Dallas DO? The interview is in the USINS office on North Stemmons.

Just checked my case status online and it still says pending.. no idea if it means anything or the update is still late.....

Looking at your timelines, you should be getting your interview letter in the next week or so if you havent gotten it alraady.

Good luck...

Another step forward...

MissMolina

The envelope had the TSC name and address, so assume it came from the TSC. Have you heard anything if it should come from the Dallas DO? The interview is in the USINS office on North Stemmons.

Just checked my case status online and it still says pending.. no idea if it means anything or the update is still late.....

Looking at your timelines, you should be getting your interview letter in the next week or so if you havent gotten it alraady.

Good luck...

Another step forward...
The online case-status thingy is really un-reliable. I am not sure where you get the IL from, as long as you get it, you shld be fine :)
Thanks, I hope I can get it soon, though the interview-dates seems to be way out in May.
Cheers!

Well not yet. She went y'day and the IO said there was an error in zipcode and they corrected it and they said they would resend it and suggested make an Infopass appt on 30th (they would give the letter then if not rec'd). They did not have an appt till 3rd.

The wait continues...:D
Don't worry I am sure they wil give her one when she goes or it'll turn up in the mail before she goes.

oath letter at last

All,
I have finally received my oath letter for the April 4th cermony in Garland. I got this on the 24th March.
Timeline is as follows:
pd: Aug 7 2006
fp: october 11 2006
iv: jan 22 2007
oath:apr 4 2007

I took an infopass on mar. 22. the lady asked us to wait for the oath letter.
the oath letter date was mar 23, so maybe the infopass made a difference.
Anyways, I am done. thanks to everybody on this forum.

Gita

Congratulations JimBean, Gita and others who received their oath letters,

I am still waiting for mine, may be I should go for an infopass.

Interview Done !!

Hi all,

I and my wife completed our interview today. Very straightforward and steps identical to the one shared by folks. Wife got the Oath date (N445) printed and handed to her. Oath is on 05/22 in Plano.

The only documents that I was asked for was Green Card, Passport and Drivers license. Six questions and the IO stopped. Read and write a sentence after the questions.

For me, they are waiting for a file from the National visa center. Once the file is received, they will schedule my oath. So, waiting time for me.

See signature line for dates. The dates for both of us are identical. Except she has her oath date set...:eek:

Confused

I just don't understand HOW the DO's work, in this case, the Dallas DO - looks like some here get the 445 the same day as the int (or right away after int.), and in some cases, it's mailed out:eek: :confused:

How can this be? What happens to the so called "supervisor check" that all of us have been told (or heard about) where every appl. that's recommended for approval needs to go through this check?

How can this be? What happens to the so called "supervisor check" that all of us have been told (or heard about) where every appl. that's recommended for approval needs to go through this check?

I suspect that there could be two types of IOs conducting interviews: 'junior IO' (or 'regular IO') and 'supervisor IO'. Probably when you are interviewed by a 'supervisor IO' they have authority for the immediate decision. But 'junior' (or 'regular') IOs might need to have cases (they have interviewed) to be finalized by 'supervisor IOs'. (Just guessing...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect that there could be two types of IOs conducting interviews: 'junior IO' (or 'regular IO') and 'supervisor IO'. Probably when you are interviewed by a 'supervisor IO' they have authority for the immediate decision. But 'junior' (or 'regular') IOs might need to have cases (they have interviewed) to be finalized by 'supervisor IOs'. (Just guessing...)

You might be right! I have actually thought about the same thing too. For instance, my wife was interviewed by "DAO John Doe #29" but in my case it was simply "Officer #23 John Doe". I know DAO stands for District Adjudications Officer but could that be what ALL IO's are?

At any rate, it's pretty surprising that in A LOT of DO's people get oaths the same day - it's the norm. So it would mean EVERYONE is getting interviewed by a "Supervisor IO"?