Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

What is the location of your oath ceremony?

s_a_kumar

I got my Interview done today, the time of the interview was 12:40p, but I got Interviewed at 1:35, she was nice she asked..how many stripes, name of the governer, congress contains what and what....every thing was good, and
some other questions, it took about 20-25 minutes, I passed.

PD: 8-16-06
FP: 9-22-06
ID: 3-09-07
OD:4-04-07

Go4nat

You seem to be a novice or you are lagging far behind regarding immigration issues.INS concedes they have failed to eliminate backlogs despite of all the times they have raised the fees in the name of eliminating backlogs? Well all am saying is, it`s absolutely neither against the law nor manipulating the system to do FP prior the scheduled dates unless you want to say that those who file N400 3 months before the dates they are supposed to file are manipulating it. I do sympathize with your situation but concerning immigration you have to do what you have to do.hope this will conclude this topic

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem to be a novice or you are lagging far behind regarding immigration issues.INS concedes they have failed to eliminate backlogs despite of all the times they have raised the fees in the name of eliminating backlogs? Well all am saying is, it`s absolutely neither against the law nor manipulating the system to do FP prior the scheduled dates unless you want to say that those who file N400 3 months before the dates they are supposed to file are manipulating it. I do sympathize with your situation but concerning immigration you have to do what you have to do.hope this will conclude this topic

No one is new to immigration in this N400 board. New ID doesn't mean novice. People understand that it's not against the law if you go early but you are just selfish by creating such a consequence and made things difficult for others. I believe you filled N400 stating you are a good moral character person. But are you really one?? Shame on you if you still insist that you did nothing wrong, because other people ARE affected by your (not only yourself) LEGAL actions. BTW, thanks for your sympathy. My last post with this ID.

Go4nat

You are the one who is a cry baby bcuz you were denied the service you wanted and by interfering/critisizing those who went to do FP before the appointed schedules.Just hash & mind your own buz Mr/Mrs righteous.

No one is new to immigration in this N400 board. New ID doesn't mean novice. People understand that it's not against the law if you go early but you are just selfish by creating such a consequence and made things difficult for others. I believe you filled N400 stating you are a good moral character person. But are you really one?? Shame on you if you still insist that you did nothing wrong, because other people ARE affected by your (not only yourself) LEGAL actions. BTW, thanks for your sympathy. My last post with this ID.

>>>> and made things difficult for others. >>>>>

>>> other people ARE affected >>>

LMAO (Laughing My Ass Off)

Your ignorance shows that you're definetly one of those people who came here on fluke.

What a stupid discussion on early FP. Whoever started this, it is so useless and based on ignorance.

God knows whether early FP expedites the whole process or not, but it doesn't delay other's processing.PERIOD.

The same guard who said they changed the policy on early FP, could well be accepting the early FP on slow days or it may not be a issue at all in other centers. Take the Duncanville ASC, Walk in there anytime on one of those slow days and get early FP.

>>>> and made things difficult for others. >>>>>

>>> other people ARE affected >>>

LMAO (Laughing My Ass Off)

Your ignorance shows that you're definetly one of those people who came here on fluke.

What a stupid discussion on early FP. Whoever started this, it is so useless and based on ignorance.

God knows whether early FP expedites the whole process or not, but it doesn't delay other's processing.PERIOD.

The same guard who said they changed the policy on early FP, could well be accepting the early FP on slow days or it may not be a issue at all in other centers. Take the Duncanville ASC, Walk in there anytime on one of those slow days and get early FP.

After going through my own interview, I do believe, that there is a method to this madness. I am not sure if having the fp done is trigger to move to next step. I am thinking recd. date and priority date do mean something.

Also at FW ASC (La Grange Plaza) it is pretty open. they did allow me go fingerprinting early.

Also any body from Denton/Tarrant counties that are waiting for oath letters got any?

My only thing is we want to go to Europe this summer and it would be nice to have US Passports, which would save us about $600 for our family on visas.. Other than that bin-daas.

PS: I love this forum a lot... this was my retreat when I went through my GC processing and now with Citizenship...Please refrain from making this a personal and start off war of words..it will ruin it for every body...if you still need to discuss this early fp issue further, can you create a new topic and go for it there..leave this Dallas timeline forum for everybody who needs information. I am sure every body is entitled to their own opinions, but keep it civil.

Thanks
s_a_kumar

Yes, after spending more than a year in the natz process and nearly 18 months lurking and then contributing to this forum, I've pretty much convinced myself that FP, name check, and other checks are done completely asynchronously to the main flow of the application. Of course, if your FP somehow gets delayed 2 or 3 months and the DO is doing 3 or 4 month processing, well, you can get screwed. And, of course, everyone knows that if your namecheck hits a wall, well....

*My* "understanding" of the process:

• USCIS gets the application and creates a file (PD)
  • USCIS schedules FP, name check, etc.
  • USCIS puts your app in the queue (which seems to be maintained per-DO but at the service center)
  • --- time passes --- (how much is strong function of which DO)
  • USCIS pulls your application from the queue (based on PD), checks to make sure all the scheduled checks are done - if not, you go into the "we'll get to this when we're ready" queue
  • Interview letter goes out and a request to send your file to the DO is made
  • DO gets ready for the interview - if your file isn't in place, you get descheduled, and placed in a different "we'll get to this when we're ready" pile.
  • Interview happens.

Well, that's my opinion. I'm quite likely to be wrong.

s_a_kumar and Flydog - you guys crack me up.

LOL!

Here's my story: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1620926&postcount=303

Hi,
I applied through a Lawer and she said that Interview doe not happen until all security, name checks are complete. Aperently she goes to these INS-Lawyer meetings. She told that the IO’s supervisor has to approve the case and IO does not have autority to approve the case. But then I see some get N-445 Oath letter after the IV. SO what is that? Don’t know. For example I have my IV in Feb-14 and my PD is Oct-12 so very fast to IV, but looks like Oath is not in the near future. On the other hand Bake got his N-445 after the IV but his PD is in June or something. So does this mean Oath is based on PD??? So does that mean you get your FP, IV done so quickly but wait long time for Oath because Oath date is based on PD and nomal processing time is 7 months?

Hi,
I applied through a Lawer and she said that Interview doe not happen until all security, name checks are complete. Aperently she goes to these INS-Lawyer meetings. She told that the IO’s supervisor has to approve the case and IO does not have autority to approve the case. But then I see some get N-445 Oath letter after the IV. SO what is that? Don’t know. For example I have my IV in Feb-14 and my PD is Oct-12 so very fast to IV, but looks like Oath is not in the near future. On the other hand Bake got his N-445 after the IV but his PD is in June or something. So does this mean Oath is based on PD??? So does that mean you get your FP, IV done so quickly but wait long time for Oath because Oath date is based on PD and nomal processing time is 7 months?
axp101,
Congratulations on your inteview. Can you please post your timeline with FP date and which date you received your IL?
I have come to accept that USCIS does not follow a set of standard steps/process to do things. Flydog seems to have nailed it to the most part.
Goodluck with your oath, hope you get it for the march 20th ceremony. Cheers!

If there is an oath scheduled in the 3 to 6 weeks range after your IV, and everything goes well during the interview, you are very likely to get an oath letter as you leave the interview (in Dallas). What happens is that the IO says "well, that's it, you passed", and then leaves the room for a few minutes. She comes back with the oath letter. This happened to both my wife and I (in each case, the oath ceremony was about a month (plus or minus a week) in the future).

In my case, the IO actually said "there are two oath ceremonies coming up in the near future - which one would you like" (guess what, I picked the first one).

Yes, the USCIS changed to a "No interview unless all checks have passed" policy about a year ago (it cuts down on the lawsuits). You'll notice that I included that in my "process flow" description.

Flydog, I agree with your assesment of 'likely' getting oath letter if there is a ceremony within 3-6 weeks but I think it depends on when your file gets 'final approval' For me...

ID Dec 07,06
Approval granted:Jan 10 (called and I was told by IO at USCIS)
Oath ??? did not get any letter.

If it were me, I'd take an InfoPass at some point when you know that there is an oath ceremony scheduled about a month in the future. Who knows, they might give you the letter on the spot (I think that happened to someone on this forum). I'd particularly try to do it on a day with interviews scheduled (maybe it's easier if there are oath forms on a desk somewhere).

BTW: this is one reason why it's good to post a note when you get your IV or your oath scheduled.

But, then again, I work on 114 in Las Colinas, minutes from the USCIS, so an InfoPass is usually only about an hour of so of my life that I end up wasting. They are easy for me to go to (I try to get one right around lunchtime and go to the Schlotski's next door for lunch)

Of course, don't get your hopes up, it is the USCIS. Just because it seems rational...

Flydog, I agree with your assesment of 'likely' getting oath letter if there is a ceremony within 3-6 weeks but I think it depends on when your file gets 'final approval' For me...

ID Dec 07,06
Approval granted:Jan 10 (called and I was told by IO at USCIS)
Oath ??? did not get any letter.

future_citizen, Are you sure that your mail did not get lost. If you live in Dallas country Dec-7 IV and no oath is unusual. I said to me at the interview that if I did not hear in 3 months I sould contact them. I recomend you get infopass and see what's going on.

Infact, I did post my timeline in my first message to this forum several days ago.

I have taken Infoass apointment and I will let you guys know what I find out. I hope they won't come back and say, you have 1900800 seconds (22days) before 120 days are over and you have WAIT....That will be such a waste of my 3/4HRS...:(. Well, hoping for the best that they will give me a oath letter...;)

I'm in collins county and only oath ceremony that I'm aware of was on Feb, 01 in Plano. I would like to take oath available at ANY place so I can say that 'it is OVER'.
It is unusuall and whenever I spoke with IO on USCIS provided number they say that my case is waiting for oath and there probably not one in my area...not sure who to believe.