Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Oath Dates For July/August

Hi Everyone Pls Keep Oath Date Calender Current, I Would like to know after how many days u receive oath letter after the interview, I have mine Scheduled for July 12th and Hoping to get sooner oath date so that i can file for my wifes K3 Petition. Im eagerly waiting for my Interview.

PD 01/17/2006
FP 02/17/2006
Interview Date 07/12/2006
Oath Date : ??????

jsharma said:
Hi Everyone Pls Keep Oath Date Calender Current, I Would like to know after how many days u receive oath letter after the interview, I have mine Scheduled for July 12th and Hoping to get sooner oath date so that i can file for my wifes K3 Petition. Im eagerly waiting for my Interview.

PD 01/17/2006
FP 02/17/2006
Interview Date 07/12/2006
Oath Date : ??????

I learn the next coming Cermoney will be 07-11 in Arlington , I did not get a letter yet but I hope since I live in Tarrant County. It deped where do u live if u live in Dallas u have better chance to get soon but if u live in Tarrant County I believe u have to wait at least 3 months , Dallas has oath almost every month

PLs guys Confirm the next Oath Cermony

Oath Ceremonies Thread

All,

Has anyone who is reading this thread been notified of oath ceremonies for DFW? I have seen a recent thread in which the poster mentioned that now USCIS can schedule you into any ceremony regardless of county.

Here are the latest Oath Ceremonies Dates. Can we please keep this list up?

Upcoming Oath Ceremonies

Plano (Plano Center): June 29, 2006
Arlington (Convention Center): July 11, 2006

Recent Oath Ceremonies (For Reference Purposes)

Plano (Judicial, Only for Dallas, Collin County Residents): February 28, 2006
Dallas: (Dallas Convention Center): March 21, 2006
Arlington (for Tarrant Residents): March 30, 2006
Sherman: May 19, 2006
Dallas: June 1, 2006

Can a person living in Irving, attend the oath in Plano?

I live in Irving. Can I attend the Oath Ceremony in Plano? Thanks.

DallasN400 Guy

Oath Dates in Dallas DO

Hi everyone that is very important to findout if people from tarrant county can get earlier Oath Date if anyone recently have interview from Tarrant county and what oath date that person received or people can still check with DO when they go for interview what if possible to get earlier dates without any county limitations.

Thanks

Jsharma

Here is my experience (Sherman) on the 19th.

I live in Flower Mound so the drive is kinda long, well the traffic on 121 really slowed me down so I drove at over 100mph the last half (on I75). Well when I got there I realized I took unnecessary risks as there was a long line of folks waiting to register. At registration we had to hand over our green card and the form given by the immigration officer, Sherman had about 200 folks and is relatively small because according to my immigration officer Dallas can have upto 1000 people.

Our time was 9am then changed to 930am but finally got started at more like 11AM. So you might have a long wait time in Dallas so be prepared if you have kids or older parents with you regarding food, medicines milk etc

The cermoney once it started was good. A number of folks talked (although short speeches), showed a few videos, then we all took the oath and that was it.

Then we had to go back to the same area where we registered to get our certification of naturilization which took about 20 minutes.

overall a very smooth and pleasant experience

Any other questions, let me know
vardhman said:
I live in Dallas county. I received the letter last wednesday although the officer who interviewed me gave me the same letter after the interview too.

Anyone with oath experience who can reply to my earlier query.

fileover, you attended the oath on 19th at sherman. If you are reading this message, could you post your experience.

thanks,

My daughter applied it non-expedited and got it in about 3-3.5 weeks. The person at the post office said that non-expedited it takes about 4 weeks on average

Expedited I hear can be back within a week

vardhman said:
How much time on average does it take to get the new passport? I know with expedited service ($60 extra) the suggested timeline is around two weeks and regular is 6-7 weeks.

Any practical experience out there? I know one fellow got his passport renewed in two weeks, but is that the average time?

thanks,

Per my immigration officer (at time of interview) folks from any county in the area can take oath in any county per a new agreeement they have in the district. I live in Denton county, and did my interview in Sherman (Colin County?)

jsharma said:
Hi everyone that is very important to findout if people from tarrant county can get earlier Oath Date if anyone recently have interview from Tarrant county and what oath date that person received or people can still check with DO when they go for interview what if possible to get earlier dates without any county limitations.

Thanks

Jsharma

Question - Receipt

All,

I had a question for my spouse who we just filed for US citizenship.

When I had filed for mine last year, I got my receipt notice within a week or so after my cheque was cashed

My wife's app cheque got cashed a month back and we still haven't heard. Is it taking that long now?

Ashar

Hi, filelover,
As I know recently file to TSC, a lots of applicants wait for their inital NOA coming. Some of them even taken over 45 days and no reply. But if your check has been cashed out and you already mail out 4 weeks, you can call 800 cust svc to find out at least the receipt# is their system.

I am also find to TSC at the beginning of May and wait for my NOA coming.

I will updated if have any further imformation coming.

I guess it has been 28 days so I will give it another 2 weeks. Which 800 number are you talking about? Do you mind letting me know.

filelover, the 800 number you asking is the cust svc phone# 1-800-375-5283, then fllowing the instruction.

Won't need the number after all. Got both my wife's notice and the FP notice the same day, today. Basically got back in 23 calendar days and the FP appt is about 4 1/2 weeks from the cheque cash date

filelover,
That's good news. I have 2 question. First, would you mind to tell me when you wife mailed application to TSC, and when is the date for cashed out. I filed me 32 days after mailed, cashed check a months back too, still waiting NOA. 2) Can you find out on the back of your wife's cashed check, there is a number list like SSC$000XXXXXX, is it same as the receipt# which you got on NOA mail or different?
Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
10 months for Naturalization

Did you guys look at the processing times in BCIS website....Dallas DO take 10 months now...most other DOs are 6 months or less.
Does anybody know what is going on?
Please share what you know? maybe we need to make some noise about this to Senetors.

My Interview Experience in Dallas

I and my wife reached the N. Stemmons Freeway location at 7.30 AM to attend our interviews scheduled for 8 AM. I was promptly called by a lady officer at 8 AM for the interview and my wife a few minutes after that by a male officer. I was put under oath and then I presented my Driver's license, SS Card, Passport and I also presented the changes to my application form (trips outside US after filing N-400). The officer questioned on why I have 5 traffic tickets over the past five years and told me that it looks like that there is a pattern in my driving history (I became nervous immediately after hearing that). She then asked me questions related to the information on my N-400 form (like my address, phone number, current employer, height etc.) and then she gave me the civics test. I was asked the following questions:

(1) Who is Martin Luther King Jr.
(2) Who makes the laws in the United States
(3) What is the name of the ship that brough the pilgrims to the US
(4) What do the stripes on the national flag mean
(5) Name atleast one right provided by the first amendment
(6) Where is the White House located?
I answered all of these questions correctly and then she asked me to read and write a sentence. I was anxious to know the result of the interview since I have five different A files (three during F1 EAD OPT's, one on my H1-B and one on my I-485) and was not sure whether the duplicate A file issue is going to come up. The Officer told me that 'Congratulations, I'm recommending you for Citizenship'. I was so happy to hear this and she gave me the Oath Letter for the Oath Ceremony in Dallas (I live in Irving, Dallas County) for Sep. 18th. I asked the Officer on whether I can attend the ceremony in Plano on 6/29 and she told me that since it is a judicial ceremony, I can't attend it. I thanked her and left the office with my son. In the mean time, my wife's interview had gone well and she got appointment for the Oath Ceremony for 7/11 in Arlington. Once my wife came out of the interview, we checked out Oath Ceremony dates and I wanted to check whether I can move my date to 7/11. The officer who interviewed my wife came out to call somebody else for interview and I talked to him to see whether he can move my oath ceremony to 7/11. He asked me to wait for a few minutes and he came back in two minutes with a new oath letter for the 7/11 ceremony. I thanked him and we left the building at 8.20 AM. It was a very pleasant experience and it also looks like if you haven't gone through the CP process and have got different A numbers, it looks like you may not run into problems. Thanks for everyone's advice and guidance over the past few months. Overall, here is my timeline.

N-400 Applied: 1/14
N-400 Receipt Date: 1/17
Finger Print Date: 2/17
Interview Date: 6/14
Oath: 7/11

Overall, it has taken 6 months for me and my wife to wrap up this process. Thanks everyone.

Dallas N400 Guy.

dallasn400guy said:
It was a very pleasant experience and it also looks like if you haven't gone through the CP process and have got different A numbers, it looks like you may not run into problems.

Congratulations.

I myself and two more people I know personally who did CP, did not have any issues in the whole citizenship process. So CP applicants take it easy, just having done CP may not be the factor.

My timeline in Dallas

12/30/05 Filed N-400
2/14/06 Fingerprints taken
6/9/06 Interview
XXXX Oath Ceremony

So everything up until the oath ceremony has gone pretty smoothly. Except that I happened to get an officer at the interview, whose computer was NOT working, so she couldn't schedule me for the oath ceremony right after I passed the tests. I wouldn't normally be worried, except that I have had so many bad experiences with INS before, so I always expect the worst. Yesterday, I scheduled a Infopass meeting with an officer for today. I went there this morning, and again they couldn't give me a ceremony date, as they had already transferred my file on 6/16 to another location for scheduling the oath ceremony date. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will receive the invitation in the mail soon. I was so hoping to get to the ceremony in Arlington on 7/11. What is weird about the Dallas INS is that some officers there will be able to schedule your ceremony date right after the interview, and some of them tell you to wait to get a letter in the mail afterwards.

Best of luck to everyone!

Dallasgirl06

Here is the timeline for my wife

Mail Date- May 4, 2006
Priority Date-May 08, 2006
Cheque cashed-May 10, 2006
Notice of Fingerprinting-June 07, 2006

LKBECTZ said:
filelover,
That's good news. I have 2 question. First, would you mind to tell me when you wife mailed application to TSC, and when is the date for cashed out. I filed me 32 days after mailed, cashed check a months back too, still waiting NOA. 2) Can you find out on the back of your wife's cashed check, there is a number list like SSC$000XXXXXX, is it same as the receipt# which you got on NOA mail or different?
Many thanks!

Oath Ceremonies Thread

People Pls Keep the Oath Ceremonies Dates updated...if anyone have oath ceremony in July, August and September Please List them here ..it will help a lot of people like me ...i have interview scheduled for July12