Dallas TX - N-400 Timeline -

Longjourney,

Your timeline for AD and FP are same as mine. I wish I had got my interview date too. Well I will be meeting the Dallas district INS office on 28th Dec. Hope I have similar "coincidence" as you did. I guess if i have my interview in Jan, then i may be able to make it for the Feb oath ceremony. Wishful thinking?? Hope not.

I will keep all of you posted on my visit to Dallas district office on 28th.

Appointment

ums/Longjourney,

I did go to the website and clicked the option "You wish to speak to an immigration officer" and it came back with something like "no appointments available at this time". Anyway, I will keep trying ... thanks for this information. Does anyone know if I can ask for the status of my wife's application too?

UMS:

All the best for your appointment.

Desi_2004:

Keep on trying. I am sure you will get appointment 14 days from the day you are trying.

Also technically speaking you can ask for your wife's status. You both are independently applying for the citizenship. However, I asked the officer during my appointment. The officer first refused but then he gave the interview date for my wife as well. Take a copy of the receipt notice with you.

Good luck.

Guess what! I tried again and it showed up one very early time slot for Dec 27th - which I gladly picked. The rest of the date/time slots were all Jan 6 and later.

And when I tried again for my wife (as a backup if the officer does not answer for her) - the system said that no more appointments are allowed at this time.

I guess someone canceled his early appointment on Dec 27th - maybe due to the expected cold weather (it snowed in Dallas today!) - I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks

One question for you Longjourney - so I just go in and ask for status of my application. Will they actually look it up and tell you where exactly in the process it is? Also, was your experience a pleasant one - my earlier experiences with the INS folks have been very curt bordering on rude.

desi_2004,

Good luck on your appointment on 27th. You have got it scheduled a day before mine. I would appriciate if you let me know how it went and what information was provided by INS.

Longjourney,
It would help us if you can share your experience on your visit to Dallas INS office to enquire the status of your case. What information was provided by INS on this visit.

Thanks!

ums,

Well, I did go in and came out within an hour. The gentleman at the counter was very courteous - but there was no real info. He said that both our applications were in the status of "waiting to be scheduled for an interview", and all security clearance has been got. He also said that they have already filled the schedule into Feb-Mar 2005 for the interviews.

At this time, I will readily settle for Longjourney's coincidence! I am wondering if I should be more proactive and fax out a letter to FBI too (like some of the cases on the forum that have been delayed more) to confirm that those clearances are in order.

Best of luck and keep in touch with your updates - let us know what you find out too. When I get an interview letter, I will update.

Desi_2004,

Thanks! I will let you know home my appt went. About securty clearence were they specific to fingerprints checks and Name check? I will ask them this question.

Well it is a liitle disheartening to know all the interview slots for Feb-March are taken. I sure hope for a co-incidence like longjourney.

I will post my experience as soon as i came to office tomorrow.

Best of luck to us both

desi_2004,

I just got back from my appt with USCIS to check the status of my application. I got exactly the same answer as you "you are good to go and all security clearences are done. Wait for your interview letter". I specifically asked the officer about fingerprinting and Namechecks. He was not very forthcoming and repated all your security clearence are fine. He also verified my address.

As to when i should expect a interview call he said any time before march.

Well let us see if we have similar luck to longjourney.

desi_2004,

Looks like my luck held like longJourney's. I did receive my interview letter a few days back. I have my inteview scheduled in last week of Feb 2005.

One thing that is bothering me is that one of the documents they requested me to get to the interview is selective Service Registration proof. This does not apply to me and I have indicated so in the N-400 application form. Don't know why I am asked for this document.

LongJourney,
I am interested in knowing if you had similar request for SS registration card. If so were you asked for it during interview? At the time of the interview just saying SS reg is not applicable to me will that be enough?

Desi_2004,

Good luck on getting interview letter and let me know if you have similar experience with SS reg.

UMS:

Congratulations!!! I am glad that your trip to Dallas office produced the desired result.

Everyone receives the same standard interview letter asking for Selective Services registration whether it applies to you or not. It did not apply to me still I received the letter asking for it. They did not ask for the Selective Services Registration in the interview.

Good luck for your interview.

LongJourney,

Thank you for sharing your SS reg experience.

Any tips for the interview? Do i need to study anything besides the 100 questions online? I was going over my N-400 form and realized i made a typo on a date. I guess I can just point to the interviewer of the typo and correct it at the time of the interview?

BTW, when is your oath? Do they tell you right away, or do we have to wait for a letter informing us when the interview?

Thank you again for suggesting to go to Dallas DO and also for sharing your SS reg experience.

My Timeline in Dallas

My Current timeline for Dallas is as follows:

PD: January 3rd 2005
FD: February 1st 2005
Interview: ??
Oath: ??

Hopefully interview comes soon!

Buster,

Going by my experience it takes 4-6 months for your interview after fingerprinting in TSC. Mine took just about 6 months.

Good luck!

ums,

We recd our interview letters yesterday - both of us (spouse/myself) have our interviews on the same day mid-March. Do update with interview details once you finish your interview. Best of Luck!

desi_2004 said:
ums,

We recd our interview letters yesterday - both of us (spouse/myself) have our interviews on the same day mid-March. Do update with interview details once you finish your interview. Best of Luck!

Desi_2004,

Congrats on getting interview letter. Our next wait will be for Oath :O

Thank you for your wishing me luck for my interview. I will keep you posted as it goes.

ums